Author Topic: My Tin Hat Has Cooked My Brain... So Here is One for You,Rashid  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: My Tin Hat Has Cooked My Brain... So Here is One for You,Rashid
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 11:55:53 PM »
Can't be his dad, as Harry got a genuine spirit visit from Malcolm in Book 7 while unconscious after being hurt, and in Christmas Day short story where Santa/Vadderung gave Harry his dad's coffee gift by some implied powers-that-be.

Further back in the line would make more sense.

Malcolm regards Harry as his son, I see myself as my adopted son's mother, it makes no difference whether or not I gave birth to him.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 07:37:37 PM »
Dark hair I guess, one can have a pale skin and still be olive complected I think.  He isn't peaches and cream to be sure.  Yeah, in these COVID times I recently rewatched the television series, wow..I got introduced to the Dresden Files though the television show, loved it and went on to the books.  But now?  I found it a bit shocking on how much the show differed from the books.  The one thing I continue to love about the old television series is Bob.

Yeah TV Bob was fun and classy. I enjoy some of the Dresden Files episodes. It's how I got into the series as well.

That and I needed a new series after Sookiee Stackhouse.

Mine as well, however it is still odd that the two wizards where their height is always brought up, is Harry and Rashid.  As far as Harry's complexion goes, we don't know how dark Rashid's skin tone is.  I get the impression that Harry's complexion is olive, if Margaret was fair a mix with Rashid could produce that.

I could see Rashid being somewhere down the line, he defeated the Mad Arab who lived in 700 CE, anyone who has heritage traced back that far in Europe usually has some sort of crossover with the Mediterranean.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 02:39:29 PM »
I could see Rashid being somewhere down the line, he defeated the Mad Arab who lived in 700 CE, anyone who has heritage traced back that far in Europe usually has some sort of crossover with the Mediterranean.

Especially if there is any Spanish wizard heritage several generations back, the Moors were rulers in what is now Spain at one time, the influence can still be seen in the country.