Author Topic: The Forums Will Be Moving  (Read 6008 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
The Forums Will Be Moving
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
Hey, folks.

I just wanted to let you know that the forums will be moving to a different web address -- what that address is, is still pending -- probably sometime in the next day or two, in the interests of giving the forums their own site to cause problems for. ;)  The idea here is that if www.jim-butcher.com is down, the forums can still be up, and vice-versa; as it stands, if a CPU usage issue kills the forums, it also kills jim-butcher.com, dresdenfilesrpg.com, evilhat.com and a bunch of other sites for me.  I figure a little segmentation will be healthy.

I'll be doing my best to make this as transparent of a change as possible, but I expect there to be a few hiccups in the process.

At some point, the forums will be shut down (or at least locked down) so I can grab the data without messing anything up.

But since the latest Codex Alera novel is out, I figure a few of you will at least have *something* to do while you're languishing away waiting for the forums to return. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: The Forums Will Be Moving
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »
Please note, you will probably find yourself having to remember your passwords for logging into the new site.  I'll do my best to make that painless, too, but them's the breaks.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/