Author Topic: WAG McCoy [SPOILERS PT Ch4 + mf "Journal"]  (Read 10849 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
WAG McCoy [SPOILERS PT Ch4 + mf "Journal"]
« on: June 24, 2020, 07:07:18 AM »
Reading chapter 4 of Peace Talks, a maybe not so wild idea formed in my head.
Those who haven' t read the chapter 4 yet or the micro fiction "Journal". Beware: SPOILERS
I won't spoilerize them here, because it's already noted in the title.

Here it is:

In " Journal" Morgan wrote, that he watched over Harry, but he was away for a short period of time, and when he came back, Malcolm was already dead and Harry vanished. No traces, not even magical ones.
Having read ch. 4 now and how Eb reacted to Harry not having Maggie in a safe house, but raising her himself, and the implications how Eb might have done it with his daughter, I had the idea:
Eb knew about Harry from the beginning. To protect him and watch out if he ever becomes dangerous (mysterious star born) he instructed Morgan to watch over him.
And he had Justin in his mind as a teacher, if and when Harry's magic came.
But at the time he planned that, he didn't know yet what kind of guy Justin really was.
Somehow he got the impression that Malcolm's death would be coming soon (I don't want to believe, he killed him, so let's just say, he knew Malcolm was going to die or at least in danger of being killed).
Eb created a situation that sent Morgan away, so that he would have time to let Harry disappear. He had the power to do so. He was and is the blackstaff.
He created the dissapearing spell that way, that Harry could be found (by Justin) as soon as his magic came. To be properly instructed.
Only it didn't work out the way he planned, because Justin was a black sheep. Now Eb feels guilty about that.

If Harry's magic never came, he would have stayed hidden and protected. The way he created the protecting disappearance spell, Harry was protected until he could learn how to defend himself with magic. Justin was supposed to teach him properly.

I think he did a similar thing to Maggie sr.
Protecting her by hiding her, until her magic came, and then instructing her himself maybe with Lea's help to enable her to effectively protect herself from now on.

What do you think?

Edit: Yes, I know, in the microfiction Morgan said, Margaret asked him to watch out for her son, but I think, Eb had Morgan watch out for Margaret in the first place and knew she was pregnant, so he arranged that he watched out for the kid after her death, too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:34:13 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: WAG McCoy [SPOILERS PT Ch4 + mf "Journal"]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »

Possible, but it lets Eb off way too easy don't you think?

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »
Well I dunno about letting Eb off too easy. I was under the impression that magic was involved in keeping Harry hidden and in the foster care system. I could see Lea responsible for that, considering how she feels about teaching. Hey, maybe she's the one responsible for Malcolm's death. After all, Winter getting their own starborn would be a great feather in their collective cap.
I think both Eb and LeFay could have approached Morgan simultaneously w/o the other knowing it. Tho Eb really would owe Morgan one for that.   

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »
Regen, I like the theory, it is not too farfetched. And I don't think Eb would be off, as in my eyes (and probably Harry's) he would still be guilty of not telling Harry who he was (I mean, once they have officially met)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 10:31:07 PM »
... Hey, maybe she's the one responsible for Malcolm's death. After all, Winter getting their own starborn would be a great feather in their collective cap.

I'm pretty certain that Mab has been after Harry so long and so ardently SPECIFICALLY because he's a Starborn.  The Winter/Starborn anti-Outsider overlap is just WAY too huge a coincidence to BE a coincidence, where Mab is involved!  The utility to Mab of a Starborn Winterknight must be immense...  And thus, the presence of Mab's handmaiden the Leanansidhe is ALSO not a coincidence, it's BECAUSE of Harry being Starborn.  Thence back to the Margaret LeFay / Lea bargain, ALSO because Harry is (would be) a Starborn.

The causality -- in 20/20 hindsight -- is pretty glaring.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 10:38:25 PM »
Exactly! Though this does make me wonder about LeFay as a person.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 10:49:27 PM »
After what Eb said about how he protected his daughters I began wondering if Lea was involved in raising Margaret Sr since childhood.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 10:50:38 PM »
Huh, how would that have come about do you think?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »
Not by chance. Winter knew she was the blackstaff child. Perhaps she was alone, read many fairy tale stories, asked for a faerie to come...
Missing you, Md 

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:27 PM »
Ah ok, that makes sense. I wonder if Lea had to interact w/ LeFay in secret, b/c I don't think Eb would let LeFay near other faeries, so there's that rebellion element for yeah.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
Exactly! Though this does make me wonder about LeFay as a person.
Our view of the Sidhe is probably somewhat different from Margarets and she most likely wanted her son to be powerful.

And if she loved magic she wanted that for her son as well.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
And just where does Eb's wife come in to this?  Did she just up and let Eb take her baby?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 02:36:36 PM »
And just where does Eb's wife come in to this?  Did she just up and let Eb take her baby?

Pretty sure Jim mentioned at one point that his Wife getting axed was what led to him hiding Maggie, so presumably she had little say in the matter.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »
Yeah, that makes more sense. Though I can see Lea trying to insert herself into Eb and Margaret's life rather than Eb being desperate enough to turn to her for help.
Though that begs the question as to how Lea met Margaret in the first place.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 06:19:16 PM »
Yeah, that makes more sense. Though I can see Lea trying to insert herself into Eb and Margaret's life rather than Eb being desperate enough to turn to her for help.
Though that begs the question as to how Lea met Margaret in the first place.
At one point in time Margaret became fully aware about how dangerous the outsiders were and she wanted to help. She also needed help after breaking with her previous associates.  Lea is in a good position for both.

And of course Lea wanted starborn. A heavy burden as she said in blood rites but also reality saving and magically satisfying.

But also keep in mind that Margaret understood the Sidhe in ways we and Harry don’t.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]