Author Topic: New Drop Chapter Two  (Read 10805 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Drop Chapter Two
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 06:21:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)

He's already created ice constructs a few times that extend beyond just freezing water that was already present since becoming winter knight - the claws when he fought Maeve, and the wall to separate the ghouls in SG. The mass for those pretty much had to have come from ectoplasm too, so it's not a total departure from established abilities.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »
@g33k
Nobody.
(click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
I can't remember 'Shore Leave', what's that one about?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
A lot of TOS was really close to being fantasy instead of sci-fi.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »

Short leave: Vacation in a wonderful planet where wishes come true.

Icecream! I have not seen you in ages, I am so glad you are here and I hope all is well with you  :).

I wish we see LTW again.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »
He's already created ice constructs a few times that extend beyond just freezing water that was already present since becoming winter knight - the claws when he fought Maeve, and the wall to separate the ghouls in SG. The mass for those pretty much had to have come from ectoplasm too, so it's not a total departure from established abilities.
I think this is different. The ice must have come from water all around. Out of the air, in the ground etc. I don't think it is created out of ectoplasm. In dead beat for example, when they were fleeing from the zombies from the morgue, he uses fuego to draw the warmth from the ground into the flame he sent into the sky and the result was ice on the street.

I think creating ice is a lot like creating fire. The one is to send energy out in form of heat, the fire. The other is withdrawing the heat and then maybe some slowing down of water particles to create ice.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
I've been rethinking
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2020, 09:45:45 PM »
The holodeck without the holograms. Amusement park in space.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2020, 10:13:47 PM »

Enterprise crew -- exhausted & in dire need of shore-leave -- finds idyllic planet.

Survey teams report strange encounters on the surface, despite prior scans from orbit saying "no large animals" -- Lewis Carroll's white rabbit from Wonderland, a tiger, a samurai; and Kirk meets both an old Academy-era nemesis, Finnegan; and Ruth, a woman he once loved.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:18:09 AM by g33k »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »
Edit -- Double Post.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 01:38:34 AM by g33k »

Offline Wrane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2020, 10:44:29 PM »
I have a different thought.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 12:55:51 AM »
I think this is different. The ice must have come from water all around. Out of the air, in the ground etc. I don't think it is created out of ectoplasm. In dead beat for example, when they were fleeing from the zombies from the morgue, he uses fuego to draw the warmth from the ground into the flame he sent into the sky and the result was ice on the street.

I think creating ice is a lot like creating fire. The one is to send energy out in form of heat, the fire. The other is withdrawing the heat and then maybe some slowing down of water particles to create ice.

It doesn't take a very thick layer of ice to make ground slippery. Ambient atmospheric moisture could probably cover that. Perhaps also the ice claws, depending on how far away Harry can actually pull moisture from.

But the wall? An enclosed indoor space doesn't have enough water vapour in the air for that.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 05:46:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 09:16:19 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
Short leave: Vacation in a wonderful planet where wishes come true.

Icecream! I have not seen you in ages, I am so glad you are here and I hope all is well with you  :).

I wish we see LTW again.

Yeah, I remember that episode, it was called, "This Side of Paradise, there were weird flowers that
shot spores that protect the colonists from deadly radiation but at the same time makes them passive.  The Enterprise arrives to evacuate the colonists to save them from the radiation, but they don't know about the flowers and the spores.  Everyone including Spock is affected, he falls in very human love.   Only Kirk in the end, because he really is in love with his ship and can't leave it, gets pissed which neutralizes the spores.  He then realizes that strong emotion can also neutralize the effect of the spores, he then gets in a fight with peace and love Spock, and they save the day.

In "Shore Leave", the crew land on a beautiful what they think is an uninhabited planet for much needed R&R, what they don't know is it really is an amusement planet, the guy running it reads their minds  with special equipment and their fantasies appear before their eyes to play out.  This freaks
everyone out and things get dire before they finally figure it out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 12:09:30 PM by Mira »