Author Topic: Dumb Thought but what if Harry is Merlin  (Read 3578 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Thought but what if Harry is Merlin
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 03:23:37 PM »
Ok this is going to be a bit weird but a lot of this has to do with Demonreach and some of the myths involving Merlin. The idea would involve Harry being hurled back through time but the main reason I think about it is that Demonreach seems to recognize Harry and he feels a strange connection to everything. Also things are bound but are getting loose. The idea here is admittedly a bit iffy but if Harry was somehow hurled back he could re-link with demonreach, he would know it and it would meet him for the first time. Merlin was said to be able to know the future by remembering it, now this could be Merlin interpreting time backwards OR it could be Harry rememebering key events and handling things that way. Keeper of swords, he'd got that down. And he could learn what he needed to learn then and come back to the present with a story no one would believe and that hurts his head in terms of causality

I could see that, but I hope not.  It seems too circular and like a cheat.  It is difficult to do time travel/time displacement well.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »
Aww, come on, once you go through the timeline enough times anything is possible.  Harry learns enough now to go back and become Merlin.  Harry learns enough as Merlin to go back even further and become Odin.  Odin learns enough to go back even further and become TWG.  There's no reason not to take the time travel power boosts all the way to the top!

Harry uses time travel to become every character in the Dresdenverse, including Susan...
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »
Harry uses time travel to become every character in the Dresdenverse, including Susan...
Yuck. And then yuck again for all the characters that are his blood relatives and their parents.