Author Topic: Is Harry related to the Winter crone?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Archangel62

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Is Harry related to the Winter crone?
« on: June 09, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
So I just had a rather strange set of thoughts. We know that Maggie was close to the Fey, surprisingly so. We also know that Ebeneezar is Harry's grandfather and has the blackstaff, something used by the Winter Crone. In addition Harry was told by Kincaid that they were equally human, both being Scions. A strange thought came to me about Ebeneezar seducing the winter crone back when she was the queen of Winter and perhaps taking advantage of that to steal the blackstaff. And his daughter was in fact part fey. This may be in the extremely silly angle of things but the idea popped into my mind recently and it feels stragely compelling
I like to think, I like to debate, I like to argue, and I like to analyze, I'm trying to find that perfect zen between brilliant investigator and obnoxious gadfly.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Is Harry related to the Winter crone?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 03:30:38 PM »

If he is, it is very, very, very, distant... 

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »
Mab became Winter Queen around 1066 AD & Ebenezer was a young man around the French & Indian War in the 1750s....

Although if Mab were Harry’s grandmother, their entire dynamic would be different. Also there would be no need for Lea.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
Although if Mab were Harry’s grandmother, their entire dynamic would be different.

It would mean he had sex with his grandma.  :o

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 01:43:42 AM »
Mab became Winter Queen around 1066 AD & Ebenezer was a young man around the French & Indian War in the 1750s....

Mab could be Eb's Ma...  Maeve & Sarissa's elder (half-)brother.

Just sayin'.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:02 AM »
Mab could be Eb's Ma...  Maeve & Sarissa's elder (half-)brother.

Just sayin'.

I'd guess younger. Mab was the lady before Hastings. I don't imagine Lady's get replaced all that often and Maeve had like 150 year backlog from what Molly told Harry.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 08:42:21 PM »
I'd guess younger. Mab was the lady before Hastings. I don't imagine Lady's get replaced all that often and Maeve had like 150 year backlog from what Molly told Harry.
I think there's WoJ that Maeve's dad was an Austrian composer, either Schubert or Mozart from the hint. Both of those are after the 1750s.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »
Austrian composer who died young.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 11:41:54 PM »

WoJ:
Maeve and Sarissa were twin sisters, from Mab. Their father was an Austrian composer and musician who died young.
(https://wordof.jim-butcher.com/index.php/word-of-jim-woj-compilation/woj-on-the-fae/)
Given that "Shiro knew swordsmanship the way Mozart knew music," I am relatively confident that Mozart is the "Austrian" in question, their father.  He was born in 1756.

WoJ:
Eb is over 300 years old.
(https://wordof.jim-butcher.com/index.php/word-of-jim-woj-compilation/woj-on-harrys-mortal-allies/)

If Mab is Eb's mother (honestly, I think it unlikely) then he is elder to Sarissa & Maeve (barring time-travel, etc!)

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »
I think there's WoJ that Maeve's dad was an Austrian composer, either Schubert or Mozart from the hint. Both of those are after the 1750s.

I feel like if the name were recognizable Jim would have just said it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_list_of_Austrian_classical_composers

That's a big list and likely incomplete.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
I feel like if the name were recognizable Jim would have just said it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_list_of_Austrian_classical_composers

That's a big list and likely incomplete.
And all the ones listed as Baroque didn't die young... and those are the ones you'd need to clearly pre-date Eb.

Offline Archangel62

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »
WoJ:(https://wordof.jim-butcher.com/index.php/word-of-jim-woj-compilation/woj-on-the-fae/)
Given that "Shiro knew swordsmanship the way Mozart knew music," I am relatively confident that Mozart is the "Austrian" in question, their father.  He was born in 1756.

WoJ:(https://wordof.jim-butcher.com/index.php/word-of-jim-woj-compilation/woj-on-harrys-mortal-allies/)

If Mab is Eb's mother (honestly, I think it unlikely) then he is elder to Sarissa & Maeve (barring time-travel, etc!)

The crone not the queen. My thought was closer to Mabs mother and Eb possibly having had a fling (or he charmed his way in and meep-meeped out with the staff))
I like to think, I like to debate, I like to argue, and I like to analyze, I'm trying to find that perfect zen between brilliant investigator and obnoxious gadfly.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
I feel like if the name were recognizable Jim would have just said it ...

Not necessarily.  Jim loves to be oblique, to drop hints.  He enjoys both the crack-theories AND when we figure things out...

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 01:57:48 AM »

The Council has probably also had the Blackstaff for a lot longer than Eb has been alive. I'm not sure whether stealing it from Mother Winter was tied in with the events of 1066 specifically, but Eb talks about the Blackstaff as a role that was established in Council history and passed down to him, not something formulated around him after he stole the staff.

Offline Archangel62

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »
The Council has probably also had the Blackstaff for a lot longer than Eb has been alive. I'm not sure whether stealing it from Mother Winter was tied in with the events of 1066 specifically, but Eb talks about the Blackstaff as a role that was established in Council history and passed down to him, not something formulated around him after he stole the staff.

PArdon me I need to go punish myself for the tier of stupid that I performed in having forgotten that rather essential fact.