Author Topic: A stunt/power to allow for picking undamaged targets in a zonewide evocation  (Read 2106 times)

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Precisely what it says on the tin. How might you balance this power?

PRECISION EVOCATION [-2]
Prerequisite: Channeling or Evocation power
Avoiding friendly fire: When you are casting a zonewide evocation, you may designate one target in that zone to be unaffected.
More precision [-1] You may designate an additional target as unaffected. This upgrade can be taken more than once.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
The effect blossoms from the excluded target would be the easiest way.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
In my games, I allowed the mage to expend an additional 2 shifts to carve out themselves from a spell, similar to how you could use 2 shifts of a spell to exclude yourself from the penalty of a veil.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
I suspect you're overcosting it; the base power seems like a pretty bad buy even at Submerged. It comes into its own at really high Refresh, I guess, but how many games are played at that level? And buying the upgrade multiple times is never gonna be worth it.

Perhaps 1 Refresh to exclude yourself, 2 Refresh to exclude any character, and 3 Refresh to exclude any number of characters?