Author Topic: New Wag  (Read 8096 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Wag
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2020, 05:30:25 AM »
Who was the we?

I don't think we know.

I suspect there was some sort of "proto-grey-council" with Morgan and Luccio and maybe others; or maybe Luccio knew of it, but wasn't on it (I got the vague sense that Morgan was explaining to the "we" to Luccio, as if she weren't part of it).

Maybe call it the "pale grey council" or something... closer to the White Council, but still operating a bit in the shadows.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »
I don't think we know.

I suspect there was some sort of "proto-grey-council" with Morgan and Luccio and maybe others; or maybe Luccio knew of it, but wasn't on it (I got the vague sense that Morgan was explaining to the "we" to Luccio, as if she weren't part of it).

Maybe call it the "pale grey council" or something... closer to the White Council, but still operating a bit in the shadows.

I think it will be a while because at the moment I doubt it is clear as to what side everyone is on or even what the sides are.   

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2020, 07:45:04 PM »
... at the moment I doubt it is clear as to what side everyone is on or even what the sides are.

An entirely fair and apt point!!!   ;)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »
You'll notice that they waited to snatch Harry at six.  Wizards don't like diaper messes, and Justin didn't appear to be the type of guy to go down that road.  Malcolm on the other hand appears to be like that kid in the commercial where the other kids say 'Let Mikey do it.'

In terms of sides there is Harry and the A team.  Two skulls and a crusty prison guard.  Toot Toot and the Guard.  The Tooth Fairy. A newly minted Knight with bad vision.  A white vamp and proto father.  Three werewolves and a Temple Dog. Two on the injured reserve, an ex cop with a bad knee and a former Knight with a most perfect safe house.

Team Winter.

Uriel, Mab, and Vadderung.  With Hades as a banker. The god squad, kinda.

Nemesis and whatever "it" is supposed to represent.

The Circle, some bitchin bad guys maybe based in Egypt.

Oh, and the Senior Council, which has one foot on a banana peel and the other over the abyss.

Comic relief, the Formor.  Who may or may not be due an upgrade.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2020, 11:04:08 PM »

No one snatched Harry at six.  Wasn't he in a state run orphanage for the next five years or so? I think Lea visited from time to time, but she didn't influence him. I don't think even she planned for Justin to grab him at twelve.  Six is the perfect age for brain washing and molding of young forming minds, yet it didn't happen.  Was everyone hedging their bets until his talent started to manifest itself?  Or they were all clueless as to what Harry was? Perhaps Justin wasn't looking for star born kids when he adopted Harry and Elaine, but merely wanted talented unattached that he could train up as enforcers with no questions asked?  Which begs thequestion, enforcers for what? :o

In terms of sides there is Harry and the A team.  Two skulls and a crusty prison guard.  Toot Toot and the Guard.  The Tooth Fairy. A newly minted Knight with bad vision.  A white vamp and proto father.  Three werewolves and a Temple Dog. Two on the injured reserve, an ex cop with a bad knee and a former Knight with a most perfect safe house.
Not that significant, good in small fights, but no political pull..

Team Winter.

Significant, but not clear who is teaming up with them aside from wizard or two..
Uriel, Mab, and Vadderung.  With Hades as a banker. The god squad, kinda.

Not clear because they keep their cards close to their vests...  Now against Reds with the exception of Hades[unknown as a player at the time] they were on team Harry..
Nemesis and whatever "it" is supposed to represent.

Indeed, and since almost anybody can be vulnerable to infiltration by  it, it is unclear who's side who is on, or who the sides are.

The Circle, some bitchin bad guys maybe based in Egypt.
Totally fuzzy at this point, only guy who might be a member is Cowl. 
Oh, and the Senior Council, which has one foot on a banana peel and the other over the abyss.
Back to my original premise, I doubt it is clear as to what side everyone is on or even what the sides are
Comic relief, the Formor.  Who may or may not be due an upgrade.

Agreed, they are at best a distraction, but do not underestimate a group that kidnaps children at
the rate that they do.  Unless they enjoy them roasted over a slow fire, just what are they planning to do with all of them.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2020, 03:11:53 AM »
Unless the titan is the express of the Fomor. She fits the profile given by Lea in Ghost Story.

“Once, they were the enemies of my people, Winter and Summer alike,” she said, lifting her chin as her emerald eyes grew distant. “We banished them to the sea. Now they are the exiles of myth and legend, the outcasts of the gods and demons of every land bordering the sea. Defeated giants, fallen gods, dark reflections of beings of light. They are many races and none, joined together beneath the banner of the Fomor in a common cause.”

Fits a titan pretty well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]