Author Topic: Vampires & Geography  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Speakeral

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Vampires & Geography
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but are all the courts associated with geographic locations?  The Red Court seems to stem from Mexico (or at least Central America), the Jade Court from Asia, the Black Court would presumably be historically centered around Wallachia (Vlad's old stompin' grounds).  How about the White Court?  Is there a geographic region that would make sense for them?
“I don't deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it.”  ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires & Geography
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 07:54:38 AM »
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but are all the courts associated with geographic locations?  The Red Court seems to stem from Mexico (or at least Central America), the Jade Court from Asia, the Black Court would presumably be historically centered around Wallachia (Vlad's old stompin' grounds).  How about the White Court?  Is there a geographic region that would make sense for them?

The Whamps apparently started in northern Italy; Etruscan is their formal language.  I'd presume the whole northern Med was their "home turf," but I think they expanded / migrated, and maybe are more USA-centered these days.

Except for the Jade Court, I think all of the Vamps have at least some global distribution.

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires & Geography
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »
Keep in mind the different courts do not get along all that well so each having their own territory makes sense.