Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240307 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1815 on: November 03, 2022, 06:31:09 PM »
Ohh, that is wonderful about the night sky!

I am sure you will find a way to cover the old sun rays (by the way, that sounds lovely. I am sure her room was beautiful and the most important thing is it is full of love!). Let us know how that works about the nocturne sky.

I am sure it is very tiresome to paint everything with the furniture moving and all that, but it will be worthy if makes micro happy.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 03, 2022, 11:13:58 PM »
Ohh, that is wonderful about the night sky!

I am sure you will find a way to cover the old sun rays (by the way, that sounds lovely. I am sure her room was beautiful and the most important thing is it is full of love!). Let us know how that works about the nocturne sky.

I am sure it is very tiresome to paint everything with the furniture moving and all that, but it will be worthy if makes micro happy.
She is very happy. The night sky looks cool. Now I want this too over our bed, lol. I somehow feel the need to paint something else with the glowing colours. I am almost done with the first side of the room. Just drying and then cleaning up, probably painting over some flaws.
When I paint a room, it is not just boring single colour or white. It is art, lol.

The first painting of the room happened, when we moved in. Micro wasn't born yet. At first it was supposed to be a light green meadow with hills and a light blue sky with clouds. I intended to draw some flowers and fairies, but the first try annoyed me, so I ditched the fairies. There was something missing and I had yellow colour left from painting the living room. So I made a big sun. Two beams had to go over the ceiling, otherwise it would have looked weird. ;)

Edit: btw, the night sky was a bit difficult, because I could not see where I put the dots in daylight. But it worked out well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 11:28:20 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 05, 2022, 07:54:42 AM »
Sounds great!
When I was a child, my dad painted me a whale and some sea waves. I loved her. She was repainted a couple of years later...and the repainted version still exists. Only it is hidden under a couple of wardrobes. The room is no longer mine, hubby and I slept in the main room and that one is sort of a store room. But I was not able to erase the whale.

You could do some night-appearing abstract design for your own room. Or use a stencil to paint something to feel comfortable with...think it is over your bed, so perhaps not a person looking down at you  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 06, 2022, 07:35:05 AM »
Sounds great!
When I was a child, my dad painted me a whale and some sea waves. I loved her. She was repainted a couple of years later...and the repainted version still exists. Only it is hidden under a couple of wardrobes. The room is no longer mine, hubby and I slept in the main room and that one is sort of a store room. But I was not able to erase the whale.
Oh, how lovely. So there is still something left that he made himself. I wouldn't repaint it either.

so perhaps not a person looking down at you  :D

LOL
Maybe a pentagram...  ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 06, 2022, 09:32:27 AM »
A pentagram sounds wonderful! And so you.

Oh, how lovely. So there is still something left that he made himself. I wouldn't repaint it either.
Exactly  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 12, 2022, 04:17:18 PM »
Hello, weird!
How are you all?
Fcrate, how's the cows?

I was very busy because of the new work. This is all stuff, I learned about 20 years ago, but haven't used since then. So technically all the knowledge is there, but buried in my brain.  ;)

So I learn it again or dig it out once I am home from work.

The work, the boss and the colleagues are nice. I like it there.
Also there are a lot less telephone calls than in my previous department. This is nice, too. So you get to finish what you do mostly without interruptions. And there is less noise, which I appreciate a lot. It shows in my head not aching any more. I wasn't aware before, but the difference is huge.

My former boss is greeting politely when he sees me, but I noticed he avoids being alone with me, lol. For example when we arrive in the hospital at the same time, he always either turns around as if he's forgotten something or he speeds up, so that he is faster than me. LOL.
Once I debated with myself, if I should speed up too and look how he reacts, but I decided it was not worth the effort and just smiled to myself.
It looks as if he is afraid of me. Idiot, LOL. What does he think I would do? Tell him what I truly think? I always did that anyway.

@Dina.
I didn't paint that pentagram. But I am thinking about painting my little version of Bob, so that his teeth, eyes and nose glow in the dark.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 12, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Hello everyone!
I had a busy week myself, sorry I was not here a lot.
@Regen, I am so glad your work is going well and you have less headaches. And you will soon caught up with the new stuff.
I admit to have had a laugh at your previous boss expense  :). It was good.
And about the painting, I admit I would not be brave enough to have a glow-in-the-dark skull over my bed. But if you do, I hope you have fun with it!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 12, 2022, 11:40:49 PM »
Oh no, I won't paint a skull over my bed. There is an actual small model of a skull in our living room. I call it Bob.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 12:09:55 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 13, 2022, 06:43:37 PM »
Ohhh! Yes, that would be wonderful with the glow-in-the-dark effect. And of course you call that model Bob. There are only a couple of valid names for a skull. Bob, Ghost Rider, Murray (Monkey Island), Manny (Manny Calavera, from Grim Fandango), Yorick, and perhaps some character from Coco or Book of Life. I think for any member of this forum, Bob is the clear winner  ;D

We turn on the AC for the first time after the Summer today. Technically, today is less hot than yesterday, but my flat has some thermal delay. We were suffering today the heat of yesterday, so we decided it was AC time.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 21, 2022, 08:31:35 PM »
Hey everybody!

How are you all?

@Dina: it is as always hard for me to imagine you having summer heat, when it is cold where I am. One tends to forget what it is like to be warm, lol.
On the other hand one tends to forget how it is to be cold, when it's hot outside.
 And yes @Fcrate I know I don't know real heat ;)

I continued Dead Man's Hand today. I was stuck for days on the first 10 pages, although it wasn't bad, I just wasn't in the right mind to read it. But now the right mind seems to have arrived.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 22, 2022, 06:15:50 PM »
Hello everyone!
We had very hot days but Saturday we had a nice rain, and the temperature dropped. Sunday and Monday were moderately rainy (cloudy all day, just some periods of rain) and today is mostly sunny. Temperature is lovely since Saturday night, with cool nights.
And today, Argentina lost and I am so intensely sad. But well, life goes on.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 22, 2022, 08:45:42 PM »
And today, Argentina lost and I am so intensely sad. But well, life goes on. 
Oh no, I have not watched it but I looked at who won.

Tomorrow it is Germany vs Japan, I think. Could be interesting but I won't be able to watch it either.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 22, 2022, 11:01:06 PM »
It was truly awful. We did like 4 goals in off-side. Our team has not idea how to play with the new automatic off-side detector, or so it seems. Arabia did a very good match. I cannot tell you how depressed I am, even when I know it is just a game. World Cup is very important for Argentinians, and for me, it always have been. I remember watching it with my long gone parents, decades ago, and it matters a lot to me.

I am pretty sure you will win, so do not worry.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 23, 2022, 10:04:57 PM »
We lost. I had a premonition. ;)
I didn't see it, just heard an interview with Neuer. He said something in the line of: at first we were about to win and then we somehow failed to do anything right, so that Japan took over.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 23, 2022, 11:08:57 PM »
Sorry. I did not watch the match either, but everybody told me about it. There are some jokes around, involving the animé Captain Tsubasa (which is about football, of course).
Well, this sucks, but eh, this is just beginning.
Missing you, Md