Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240672 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1755 on: September 21, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »
Oh damn. I see. Poor dog. I can't really help you with the decision. But I think you know already what is best for the dog. :(

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 21, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »
Hi Fcrate! Is good to see you back!
It is not my computer, it is hubby's. And it is holding. Every time there is a windows update, he needs to do something because it loses its sound.
Regen, I hope everyone at your home is doing better.
It is sad for the dog. I agree with Regen about the wheels, you could tell it to the people who sort of adopted him. Anyways, it is your decision, but I would look at the dog. Does he looks more or less happy? Or is he mostly depressed and staying still except when needing to feed? In any case, I think he needs to be pet, to feel loved, even if they are his last days.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 21, 2022, 07:36:22 PM »
Thanks Dina. The wheels aren't practical for this situation, as I said. His hind legs are tucked all the way forward, looking like this >. He doesn't need them anyway, as I saw him walking. Anyway, I'll watch for a few more days before I make up my mind.
About your hubby's computer, a temporary solution is to turn off updates. In Network settings, set your home network as a "Metered connection", which indicates to windows that the connection has a limited bandwidth quota, and thus won't use it to update.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 21, 2022, 08:28:00 PM »
Thanks, I think he knows about that. Anyways, for now, it (more or less) works.
And yes, it seems that waiting a little would be a good idea.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 21, 2022, 10:05:26 PM »
@Fcrate:
I'm with Dina: take your time and watch him. If you do it, I wish you strength of heart and if you don't, I wish the dog a good life.

@all
I am a bit better. Mini and MicroRegenbogen are better, too. My husband is better, but still worse off than us. He had higher temperature for a longer time. And his breathing is worse than mine. Not worrying, and he had always worse breathing than me.
The cat feels heavier. Is that even a word? Or should it be more heavy? ***shrugs***
She is a very thin cat, you almost don't feel her weight, when she is on your arm. As she didn't gain weight recently, it must be me being weaker. (I decided, it is a word  ;) ) A few years ago we were worried, that somebody might mistake her for a street cat and take her to a shelter. She is just fur and bones. Now that she's old, she doesn't go far away any more. Most of the time she sleeps. Sometimes one of us has to accompany her during her stroll through the garden. That's very cute. She complains, if you don't stay in sight.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:45 AM »
That sounds cute! I am sorry you feel weaker but I am glad you are better. Best wishes for a fast recovery for all of you.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 22, 2022, 09:27:06 PM »
That sounds cute! I am sorry you feel weaker but I am glad you are better. Best wishes for a fast recovery for all of you.
Thank you. :)

I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with the kids today. OK, it was more like this: MicroRegenbogen wanted to watch it (again) and "convinced" Mini and me to join her, mostly because she needs someone for the spooky scenes.
And we always watch the marauders' map at the end. It is so cute, for example you see footprints go into the stink bomb store, stop and suddenly three footprints running out in different directions. Footprints jumping over letters, human footprints turning into animal prints  ;D (I love that part) and a cats footprints not managing to catch the bird's footprints. LOL.
I don't know how often we have watched the film now. It is still good. Even though it is not like the book, but this time somehow in a good way, that I was OK with it.

By the way, I just remember something I read on a T-shirt or so:
"What are you doing?"
"Reading"
"What do you read?"
"Harry Potter and the death of the person not letting me read"
Muahahaha! 8)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 23, 2022, 12:28:43 AM »
Muahahaha!
I am not such a fan of that movie. I loved the first two but the third one disappointed me a little, perhaps because the book is my favorite in the series. Still, I think Sirius, Remus and Peter were great. And I love watching the marauders map too! It is so fun! I am glad MicroRegenbogen convinced you to join her. It sounds like a nice family thing to do, especially when not feeling well.

I just began watching a Spanish series which is available in Amazon prime. I saw the lead actress in another Spanish show that I liked a lot (El ministerio del tiempo) and decided to try this one because it looked good. It is about a young woman in the 1940's Spain. She is the daughter of a (now deceased) chief of police, and the sister of the current one. She has been trained by her father to think like a cop, but being a woman at the time, she cannot be one. So when she finds the victim of a murder she begins to try to find the killer, against the prejudices of the men, the insistence of her brother to keep her safe, and her mother's wishes that she behaves like a respectable lady. She is helped by her butler, who is played by Jean Reno. I am liking it so far even when sometimes the spoiled rich girl makes me understand the men in her life actions  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 23, 2022, 06:58:40 AM »
Sounds interesting. What's it called?

We just finished the last episode of the Exorcist. Rings of Power is only on Fridays. We are looking for something else to watch.

A few weeks ago Mini wanted to watch Twilight, because she was curious why there was such a hype and if it really was so bad. I told her, yes, it is bad. Not bad made but really kitschy.

I read the first book, when I was about 25, because my aunt gave it to me with the words "hey, I know you like vampires and stuff, so this must be what you like". Yeah, I like them turn to dust not sparkle, lol. I read it and I clearly didn't feel like being the right target group.
So my daughter told me her friend is a huge fan of the movies and they are making fun of her without having insight. So I agreed and we made a spoken contract, that I won't be involved in any of the other films or books. Except the second one, because there are werewolves. If she likes it, I won't forbid her to read it, because the book was well written. But for watching the other movies she agreed to go to her friend's home.
And I am allowed to run my mouth over everything I think ridiculous.
I am very glad we had fun together and she doesn't like them nor did she go fan girly over Edward. " Why do they always look as if someone died?" Great question. "Because that's the face you have to wear, if you want to be taken serious as a tragic lover."
We even watched the second one, because we wanted to see the werewolves. "Look what a sexy werewolf I am, I'm only wearing my trousers, so you can better see my well trained muscled chest." LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 23, 2022, 11:18:25 PM »
LOL!
I have not read the novels or watch the movies.

I am such a dork, I was sure I had told you the name of the Spanish show. I think it is called "A private affair" in English, which is a good translation of the original name "Un asunto privado". It is a season of 8 episodes. I have seen 3 of them so far.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 24, 2022, 12:30:18 AM »
LOL!
I have not read the novels or watch the movies.
Don't worry. You didn't miss anything. I am sure you are not the right target group either, lol.

I am such a dork, I was sure I had told you the name of the Spanish show. I think it is called "A private affair" in English, which is a good translation of the original name "Un asunto privado". It is a season of 8 episodes. I have seen 3 of them so far.
Thank you. We might look into it. Today we just watched the latest episode of Rings of Power in the afternoon, but this week was difficult to watch something together, because we had different sleep patterns.

I hope I'll be allowed out on Monday. This would mean I need to be without symptoms tomorrow. Dry cough doesn't count for me, I can have those for weeks.    Mini will probably go to school again, but I think Micro would better stay at home at least until Tuesday.
Just to be sure I'll test myself on Sunday. I don't want to accidentally infect my father. He still struggles with the last time the virus hit him, though he came through surprisingly well, despite his immune system being not the best these days.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 24, 2022, 10:08:15 PM »
To be honest, I never thought I was because I am not particularly fan of vampires (except Thomas Raith, of course  :))
I hope you are better and allowed to get out. I admit I would have the 2 girls taking a day off.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 25, 2022, 05:50:35 AM »
Sorry about the double post. I just finished "A private affair". It was ok, but not great. The ending in particular was quite rushed and there were several moments where I wanted to shout at the main character. Besides, there is an episode where the acting of the lead actress is quite worse than the rest. I have the feeling that it was recorded first and she had not found her character tone yet. I still think the action and the visuals were very good.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 25, 2022, 11:47:05 AM »
I'm not sure yet, if we will watch it. Maybe we find something else.
And yes, I think the girls will stay at home tomorrow at least.
@Fcrate:
Any news?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 25, 2022, 08:54:02 PM »
I began watching Rings of Power (only ep1 so far). I am liking it.
Missing you, Md