Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 248563 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1650 on: July 31, 2022, 01:13:03 PM »
Lol Regen. Yes, it happened to me a few times when I first started reading ebooks, but it doesn't happen anymore. However, sometimes I still do tap on the side of the book to flip the page :D :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 31, 2022, 11:39:08 PM »
Me too, wanted to turn the pages of an ebook, but that was only when I began using ebooks. It has not happened to me in ages. And I never tried to tap on a real book page. You two are weirder than me  ;D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 01, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »
It's good to win at something :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 01, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »
 :)
That is very nice!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 01, 2022, 12:55:19 PM »
It's good to win at something :D

Yay us!
LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 01, 2022, 11:45:42 PM »
And you two are awesome too  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 02, 2022, 03:30:08 PM »
Oh, thank you. How sweet. You are awesome yourself. :)

Today is the second day of the summer holidays. This weekend we had a lot of new neighbours moving into the big house. I have not seen all of them yet. But it seems there are at least two families with kids.
This is very exciting. I hope they are nice people.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 02, 2022, 04:40:10 PM »
Ooooh, yes, I hope they are nice. And perhaps their kids can play with yours.

We bought a new TV! I am happy to report is working  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 02, 2022, 05:51:03 PM »
Dina, I know you can't tell but I'm blushing right now   :)
@Regen: You have my deepest sympathies ;D I hope they're not Neighbours From Hell. Probably too much to hope for, but you never know.
@Dina: Enjoy your new TV! What are you watching right now?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 02, 2022, 06:52:28 PM »
@Regen: You have my deepest sympathies ;D I hope they're not Neighbours From Hell. Probably too much to hope for, but you never know.
Oh dear, I hope not. But OK, in this case we will have to set the bats loose and put cobwebs everywhere and the Skull looking out the window. Let's see who's more afraid, lol.

@Dina:
Have fun with the new TV.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 03, 2022, 11:10:41 AM »
Oh dear, I hope not. But OK, in this case we will have to set the bats loose and put cobwebs everywhere and the Skull looking out the window. Let's see who's more afraid, lol.

@Dina:
Have fun with the new TV.
Very Coraline. I approve :D
Well, Elin, daughter of Elina is here :)
I'll send another picture tomorrow if I remember. Lol

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 03, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »
Aaaaw, cute!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 04, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »
Oooh! Welcome, Elin!  :)  I hope she is wealthy

Well, no idea what I was watching when you asked that question, Fcrate, but I am watching TV news now. TV is working very well, and I am happy to see I could watch some football match without problems  :). My previous TV had screen problems (some spots were brighter than the rest) and the effect was especially annoying when watching matches. Something about the green field made them more apparent. If all continues well, we will be able to see the World Cup with a very clear image.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 04, 2022, 02:50:25 PM »
Oooh! Welcome, Elin!  :)  I hope she is wealthy

Well, no idea what I was watching when you asked that question, Fcrate, but I am watching TV news now. TV is working very well, and I am happy to see I could watch some football match without problems  :). My previous TV had screen problems (some spots were brighter than the rest) and the effect was especially annoying when watching matches. Something about the green field made them more apparent. If all continues well, we will be able to see the World Cup with a very clear image.

I just had to think about a childhood friend from Kindergarten times who told me about his favourite TV series. I can't remember it's title, but it was an American one from the 70s. It seemed to me the only reason he was watching the show was, because the main character had green hair. Like the Hulk. That's all he ever told me about it, except for the title. So I got curious and wanted to see for myself. But the guy had some sort of greying hair that used to be dark blonde or light brown. It wasn't bad, but I wanted to see the green haired man and there was none, so I was very disappointed.

Years later I finally understood that their TV screen had been a bit too green. LOL!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 04, 2022, 11:35:48 PM »
LOL! that is so fun! Now I wish to know what was the show...

(there were no color TV when I was in kindergarten  :'()
Missing you, Md