Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240333 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1560 on: June 19, 2022, 08:11:54 PM »
I hate you optimistic types...
@Regen: Or do it like an Egyptian before sunrise :D
I'm also quite surprised that:
 1. You know how to use a scythe.
 2. That you actually own one :D
LOL. I was thinking, what an utopian imagination.
I might use the Egyptian method, if it stays that hot, but I don't think it will be necessary. It's going to cool down soon.
Yes, we own a scythe and other useful tools for meadows or trees like different kinds of saws, axes and so on. And I know how to use them all. ;) Though I admit, I rarely use the scythe. But the grass is about hip height, so it's the best option for the moment.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 19, 2022, 08:15:10 PM »
If I use the scythe in the morning, I need to put on a dark robe with a cowl. LOL

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 19, 2022, 09:37:24 PM »
Haha.. Exactly my thought :D the Grass Reaper.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 19, 2022, 09:53:02 PM »
I hate you optimistic types...
It does not always work but sometimes it does. But I do remember.  :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 20, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
I didn't reap the grass, because it was raining. Damn. Now it is still a bit wet. I'll have to wait until it is dry again. I hope for tomorrow morning. In the evening the bugs would eat me alive. That can't be, because I want to be the reaper, lol.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 20, 2022, 07:58:01 PM »
LOL, I imagine the neighbours will be so happy to see you in your long dark robes and cowl with the scythe  :). Extremely popular you will be.
I have no idea how to use scythes or anything like that.

@Arjan, some of them actually offer themselves. Which is fine, I began offering because I copied that person that taught me how to do the coffee. I still call her instructions "the <her name> protocol".

In other topics, I've been watching the current season of Stranger Things and I was a) horrified by the gory deaths b)delighted by the new character Eddie c) loving the full season, even when they did the rookie mistake of splitting the party.
I also watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which was fun because it has the boy that plays Mike in Stranger Things playing a legacy ghostbuster, and in a previous ST season he and his friends were disguised as Ghostbusters for Halloween  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 20, 2022, 09:35:13 PM »
@Arjan, some of them actually offer themselves. Which is fine, I began offering because I copied that person that taught me how to do the coffee. I still call her instructions "the <her name> protocol".
Don't encourage him please. -.-
Also, using a scythe is a bit difficult. I never had a knack for it. I can use mine passably well, but I tend to leave the job to the more competent (and much faster) hands of my friend.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 21, 2022, 12:00:07 AM »
That is perfectly fine, recognizing those who are better suited for doing a job.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 21, 2022, 08:13:17 PM »
Wow, I'm delighted to tell you that we have lots of june beetles in our garden. They come only every 4 years, but this is the first time, I've seen so many. I thought about wearing a helmet with safety glasses, lol.
They start to swarm out in the evening.
Now it is quiet again and I can see a few bats and fireflies.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 23, 2022, 09:04:40 PM »
Wonderful about the beetles. I googled them, they are pretty.
I love fireflies so much  :D
Here, Winter has come, it is coldish. Also, it is cloudy, so I am glad I had virtual classes today. When I went to the grocery store I was counting the minutes to go back home. It is nice to be warm here.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 24, 2022, 07:25:42 AM »
Uh, I can't tolerate beetles. Never seen fireflies before except in films.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 25, 2022, 12:47:56 AM »
LOL! Hollywood convinced us that all Egyptians love beetles. Just as all Argentinian love cow meat and tango  :)

There are almost no fireflies here in the city but in the rural areas we still have them.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 25, 2022, 03:59:14 AM »
Heh. Beetles are fine as long as they're outside. My first summer at the farm I put on my shirt and found a beetle on my back under the shirt. It was trying to crawl out, and I was trying to get it out, neither of us succeeding, until I held it with a pair of fingers and pulled off my shirt. It was wriggling its hairy legs all the while and sprayed that awful smell thing that they do over my shirt and hand. We've been enemies since then. Lol
Also I hate to burst your bubble, but most Egyptians have never seen a camel either 🤣

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 25, 2022, 07:06:50 AM »
Yes, that would explain your aversion to beetles  :)
And that is so sad about camels. My friend who was in Dubai recently did not see a camel either (I know Dubai is not Egypt but Arabian Emirates, I am not that ignorant. It is only that in this parts of the world we always imagine camels are very common in all Middle Eastern countries.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 25, 2022, 09:31:51 AM »
Beetles are weird creatures. And they feel scratchy on one's skin. I don't like them on my body either and those I find inside the house are carried out. We have fly screens on several windows and the terrace door. But I think the fascinating and I like to watch them.

Fireflies are kind of ugly, if you see them without their light on, lol. I always thought the English word not appropriate. In German they are called Glühwürmchen, which would translate into little glowing worms. But in the dark you just see their light and not their bodies.

I must admit, I'm kind of shocked about your revelation about camels, too. ;)