Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240388 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1395 on: January 01, 2022, 03:28:33 AM »
It's New Year here! (Since 25 minutes ago) and I wish it is a wonderful one for everyone!! :) :)

(Hubby is doing better. For now, no surgery but that could change in the future. Still in the hospital, so receiving the year here was all an experience! Of course, not a one I wish anyone, but an experience anyway. Details in another moment, now it is time to celebrate!!!)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 01, 2022, 08:20:31 AM »
Good news Dina :) Is he staying in the hospital for much longer?
Happy new year to all! I beat you guys there by one hour (Europeans) and 5 hours (Dina). My family surprised me with a visit here at the farm. We had a lot of fun, although my nephew stepped on my dog's injured foot and got lightly bitten. It didn't bleed, but the incident (and my subsequent lecture) drove home the lesson, hopefully. The little guy is a bit too cruel to animals for my taste. He is only 6 though, so there's room for improvement :)
@Regen: That song reminded me of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for some reason :D
Also, I checked the date on my brother's picture. That was on Christmas day, and it was -7 C in Berlin where he lives.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 01, 2022, 03:35:41 PM »
Happy new year!
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 01, 2022, 03:42:13 PM »
Happy new year, Arjan and everyone!

Hubby is still in the hospital, no idea when he will be released but, as the doctor he needs to see does not work on weekend, we won't even have news until at least Monday (I am not sure if the doctor works on Monday or not). Then, it is everyone's guess.

We had very hot days since Christmas, but today, January first, we have a colder day (23°C at noon) and rain, lots of rain. At least, rain came hours after the New Year, so everyone could have their intended meetings and all that.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves today  :D :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 01, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
@Arjan:
Thank you! Happy new year yourself!

@Fcrate:
OK, this explains it. It was definitely colder around Christmas. Though I was glad, we didn't have below 0 here any more, because it was raining all the time. That would have meant ice on the streets. I think, January will be cold again.

@Dina:
I am sure, the doctor will be there on Monday.

As for today:
We did nothing special. Played Mario cart Wii. I finished "Go tell the Bees that I am gone". Discussed the book with a friend.
We ate the rest of the goulash with red cabbage and Spätzle from yesterday. By now I think the punch bowl will be empty, too. I drank too much of it too fast yesterday. Almost didn't make it to midnight, lol. But the fresh air outside helped. There were some neighbours who managed to purchase fireworks, before it was forbidden. We just howled ourselves and banged two pot lids together.  8) Most of our direct neighbours were away at their grown kids' homes.
Now we are watching Ghostbusters #1 on TV.  ;D

I was hoping to see some news on Jim's website, but there wasn't anything yet.

I'll try to (re?-)read The Eye Of The World next, because we have finished the first season of the TV series recently and I'm still not sure if I've ever read any of the books.  ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 03, 2022, 12:05:08 PM »
Good maen everyone! Just wanted to say hi and update you with my (few) news. Hubby is better, they are giving him antibiotics and clearning her legs, which are now less big and getting better (or so it seems). Today he is supposed to be seen by a dermatologist. So far, it seems that there is no need for surgery but we will see.

Now the problem is his pressure. He has high pressure, but he was taking a medication and he was fine when he arrived to the hospital, but since day 2, pressure is high and even when they gave him more, stronger, meds, his pressure is still really high. One problem is that I do not really believe the measurements (my hubby is morbid obese, and his arms are big).

Well, lots of hugs for you all!  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 03, 2022, 08:32:15 PM »
I'm glad he's better Dina. He's staying in the hospital for now?
My brother is also very big(120 kg/175cm) and his blood pressure is high. But he feels it, and maybe it's because he's a teacher. Lol
Okay, on a lighter topic, I've met my second Argentinian player online. For 19 years of online gaming, I've only met one. And he's actually German but lives in Argentina, so maybe he doesn't count. :D
But today, I've played with an Argentinian who had an awesome nickname: ThunderFart. I was almost disappointed because I've talked to him for almost an hour and I've never heard any thunder. Sigh.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 04, 2022, 06:00:21 PM »
I have amazing news!! We are home!  :D :D :D
We was allowed to go home yesterday actually, but when we arrived home I was exhausted (also, very hot day. Same as today) so I had no energy to come here and post. As you can imagine, we are all over the moon.
He needs to treat his legs with two lotions (I am the one applying them, of course) and he has extra meds for his blood pressure and he will be seeing both a cardiologist and the plastic surgeon next week, but apparently no need for surgery for now.
I am still recovering for this stressful week, but I wanted to let you know the good news  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 05, 2022, 06:49:35 AM »
Very good news indeed Dina. :D Enjoy your rest.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 05, 2022, 07:08:41 PM »
Thank you! Still exhausted, but feeling better  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 13, 2022, 07:50:11 AM »
Hi to all weird people!

How are you? I'm OK. I spent the last two days cleaning the house. Not much fun, but must be done once in a while.
This week I have to try to find a time when I can secretly wrap my husband's birthday present. That's not as easy as it sounds, because he is always around.
I have found a funny beer mug, but I suppose you could fill in every beverage you like ;). It is in the form of a skull being occupied by an octopus. The octopus is kind of our special animal, has to do with how we came to be together, so if one of us finds something related to octopuses/octopi?/octopedes? LOL, we make sure to at least show it to the other. Also he likes skulls, so when I saw the mug, it was perfect, because it had both combined.

@Dina: how's the heat? I've read that it is extremely hot in Argentina. How is your hubby?

Here it is 0°C, frost on the ground, but no snow. It has snowed last week and at the weekend, but the ground was still too warm, so it didn't last.

Work is getting better, meaning we have managed to get 3 more workers who are supposed to do the covid tests, do analyzer maintenance and nothing else.
That's really great, so we still have a lot to do but it doesn't feel like one hasn't got enough hands and heads or feet anymore. And we are not exhausted anymore after each day.
The new bosses still need time, though I think that one of them is definitely the wrong person for the job, but I always thought that. He doesn't like me and I don't like him. But usually we can pretend to get along, and he needs me, so there is no danger for me there, as long as I don't do anything wrong or anything happens hat he could pin on me. Though I don't think he will, because he knows that he needs me. And he knows, that I will leave, if he ever goes against me, and if I don't leave, I could make things public he doesn't want to be known, so we are at a careful peace for now. It is no good situation, but I think I have found a way to get along with it. It helps, that I won't have to worry that I couldn't find another job in the worst case. The one thing Covid is good for, LOL.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 13, 2022, 08:20:34 PM »
Hello everyone!e
Sorry I've been scarced. After the week in the hospital I've felt emotionally drained and I was mostly vegetating, trying to recharge my batteries. And the warm has not helped. You are right, Regen, we are having some very hot days. Right now, it is 36°C, but on Tuesday we had 41! And that day we had to go to have hubby checked. We went by taxi (we don't drive, or have a car) and of course the hospital had AC, but I was exhausted anyway and when I arrived home I felt like throwing just because of the heat. Also had a mild headache, that was annoying but not serious. So, I took a nap in front of the fan (I do not wanted to be in front of the AC, because it was too cold) and then I was much better.
My hubby is doing better. He have some...crusts in his legs and I apply them two lotions the doctors gave us and it seems that it is slowly getting better, as the crusts are becoming thinner or disappearing. He still has the legs quite inflamed, but not as much as before. The heat does not help with that either, but he is walking a little and spending some time with the legs raised, so it seems to be under control. We still need to see how this evolves, but so far it seems good.

I was disappointed because my HBOmax did not aired Naomi, it is a new DC comics show I want to see. I think I will have to manage to...eh...find it...somewhere.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 16, 2022, 07:36:10 PM »
@Regen: Horrible Bosses 3. Does it help to picture your boss dead in New and satisfying ways? Or maybe that's just me. :D
@Dina: Glad to hear the good news. :)
The.. Um.. Somewhere is a big place. You can find anything there *Angelic smile*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 16, 2022, 08:42:21 PM »
Hi Fcrate!
Hope you are doing well.
It has been exceedingly hot here, but last night and most of today it rained (not too much quantity but for several hours each time) so now it is around 32°C and feels even a little colder. And they are forecasting a cold front arriving soon, so it seems that the worst week is over.
BUT, yesterday we had a power outage. Living in a flat, no patio or anything, and without even a fan it was hell itself. So we did something we did a couple of times before and we escaped towards a hotel. We are there now. According to a neighbor, the electricity was back at home a while ago. Which means, around 30 hours without it. So, I think we did the right choice (we resisted more than 4 hours without light at home!)
We are enjoying ourselves here  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 18, 2022, 05:00:05 PM »
Hey Dina, sorry for the late reply. Your post made my day.. This is the first time I met someone online who understands the 40°c + weather. And adding to that the misery of power outage during the summer? I was almost dancing with glee :D
Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying your suffering, but there is something about shared misery, you know. :D