Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240384 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1380 on: December 14, 2021, 08:09:40 PM »
Hello weirders and weirdresses..<-----Doesn't that word sound like a futuristic dress? Now that I think about it, it's a word that describes seamstresses in the future, when they make a come back with some weird dresses. But I digress. How is everyone doing? I haven't had much time on my computer in the past couple of months, and as you all know, I hate typing on phones.
All quite on the eastern front :)
I love weirdresses! And I am glad all is quiet in the eastern front  :)
Arjan, I put a few decorations a couple of days after decorating the Tree. Anyways, our home is ready to receive Jesus  :)
Regen, all that sounds great, and I laughed at the instructions about your mindset for recording the songs. I am sure the result will be amazing  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 17, 2021, 01:08:40 PM »
Dina, I forgot to thank you for your concern in my earlier post, so here it is: Thank you,  and I'm fine :) training Puppy is consuming a bit of my time. I know she's full grown, but I usually name my pets according to some weird logic in my head that identifies with them, e.g: My German shepherd has one eye, and looks like he's squinting all the time, so he's Popeye. :D
All I can think about the puppy is her puppiness, so she's Puppy now. It stuck.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 18, 2021, 09:01:48 PM »
LOL, I really like that- I hope Puppy is doing well. Popeye is a fitting name. Your comment reminded me of Hawkeye's dog, who only has an eye too.

How is everybody doing? I am well. Days are hot, but tonight was coldish, so I slept very well.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 23, 2021, 06:37:29 PM »
. Love the names Puppy and Popeye.
So, I finished the the fondue sauces and will only have to make the salads tomorrow. Now I will see that I have something appropriate to wear. My Chemis-tree T-Shirt in any case. LOL
The tree is decorated since yesterday.  Christkind can come now.
I'm glad that I have the morning shift during the holidays. The late and night shift has to deal with the consequences of people feeling especially lonely and sad at Christmas, if you know what I mean. This makes me sad too, so I'll stay up late and have fun even though I have to get up early.
Now we will eat some baked chicken. Tomorrow there will be fondue with meat from different animals and champignons and Brussels sprouts. And my sauces, of course. After that in the evening the Christkind will come and put the presents under the tree.
The cat will get a can of tuna. She loves that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 23, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
(((((Regen))))))))
Yes, I remember you told us the same last year about the late shifts, I am very glad you have the morning one. And congratulations for having your tree ready for the presents :-)
Hubby and I will spend Christmas alone, so we will be quite low-key about the food, while still having a festive one. We will have rolls of ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce (and green olives in the ones that are for me), Russian salad and a few small meat sandwiches. We still have to buy the icecream for dessert.
I still have to buy a few groceries today
In case I don't "see" you before, I wish all the Weirdos a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!!!  (regardless of your beliefs, it is a good time to have fun and perhaps see people you love)  :D :D :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 24, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS

to everyweirdo, celebrating or not.

I'm home now, salad is made, kids are clean, hair is combed, feet don't stink, socks are clean. In half an hour we are going to start on our way to my parents.

Work was not so good. But we managed it well. There was no time for a break to eat something, so I am very verrrrry hungry now.

I'm looking forward to celebrating with my family. Just my husband, the children and the my parents.
The cat is staying home, but she already ate her tuna with a lot of enthusiasm.
I just got some coffee into my system and hope I didn't forget anything. I overslept in the morning, have forgotten to hang the laundry to dry, so I didn't have my Chemistree shirt, but now it has dried. Puh.

Funny: I saw a nurse with a little Christmas tree on her head today. Cute.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 24, 2021, 03:33:00 PM »
Merry Christmas all of you! Or Yule or whatever. Here is how they celebrated in the Middle Ages: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b97gdq?fbclid=IwAR1M1C5upCpBOOf997UWPTn8DWf-cQ6goo9xUZ-S0VYKTFW3dgMpbLMyP9s
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 24, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »
LOL Arjan!

We have the food ready too and the icecream on the fridge, which is good because it is quite hot here.

Regen, I am sorry work was not good, but it is over. Have a lot of fun at your parent!

Again, Happy Holidays for everyone!!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 30, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
Hello people!

I wanted to share with you some news about my life. Hubby is in the hospital (not COVID) and I am basically living with him.

The story is long and I am too tired of repeating it, so I will put here only a blurb. He has lynphedems (I think that is the name) which made his legs super inflamed and he has ulcers along all the legs, which are almost all the time pouring. This problem began months ago and was progressively worse until this  Well, in short, he is on antibiotics and other healing measures, and he will be here for at least several days, until the worse of the problem recedes. And he will probably need a surgery too.
I...it is complicated, and I really do not to tell much more now. I just wanted to let you know that this is my current situation. We've been here since Monday and I will try to keep reading the forums because I miss you guys and I love the forums.

Take care of yourselves and Happy New Year!!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 30, 2021, 06:19:21 PM »
Hello people!

I wanted to share with you some news about my life. Hubby is in the hospital (not COVID) and I am basically living with him.

The story is long and I am too tired of repeating it, so I will put here only a blurb. He has lynphedems (I think that is the name) which made his legs super inflamed and he has ulcers along all the legs, which are almost all the time pouring. This problem began months ago and was progressively worse until this  Well, in short, he is on antibiotics and other healing measures, and he will be here for at least several days, until the worse of the problem recedes. And he will probably need a surgery too.
I...it is complicated, and I really do not to tell much more now. I just wanted to let you know that this is my current situation. We've been here since Monday and I will try to keep reading the forums because I miss you guys and I love the forums.

Take care of yourselves and Happy New Year!!
Dina <3
I'm sorry to hear that. Please be assured that our thoughts are always with you. I wish you and your hubby the strength and God's blessing you need to get through this difficult time. All my best wishes to you both and may his health improve as soon as possible.
*hugs and sends healing magic*

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 31, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
I wish him a full recovery, and strength to you in these hard times. Good luck to both of you. :) I'll second Regen's prayer.. different channels but will both probably reach the same goal.
@Regen: Hi there. Are you frozen yet? My brother says it's very cold in Germany these days.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 31, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
@Regen: Hi there. Are you frozen yet? My brother says it's very cold in Germany these days.
Hi, Fcrate!
 :o Where in Germany is your brother? I want to travel there and freeze, lol. I can't find any place lower than 12 degrees. Even in the mountains. We have 16 at the moment. It's one of the warmest New Year days in years. Feels like spring. It has been raining the past days and now it is just warm and muddy.

Edit: I've heard about the masses of snow in California. Maybe they would like to send some over. I'd be willing to share. ;)

Edit#2: I'm trying to magic some snow here, therefore the song text below. It's an old German winter song, asking for snow. It addresses the snow flakes far up in the clouds and asks them, when the will come down, so that they make everything beautiful and the kids can do funny snow things.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 03:00:37 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 31, 2021, 03:47:28 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1-HGp0L5aU

Sorry for the double post, but I found a version with translation on YouTube. It's not actually a Christmas song but a winter song. My little one is playing that on her guitar every day, lol. So I hear it a lot these days.

Offline DeepBlueJoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 31, 2021, 09:15:07 PM »
so is there another Dresden focused board?  Seems this one's pretty quiet, and I saw a mention of moving the board, but no indication of where that would be... help?!

thanks.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 31, 2021, 11:49:49 PM »
Don't know of anything else except maybe reddit, but I think here it is more polite ;)

But something else occurred here 45 minutes ago:

Happy new year!

everybody as soon as the earth has turned for everyone to be 2022...
May you be blessed with luck, happiness and health.