Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240417 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1365 on: November 21, 2021, 07:00:41 AM »
*is hold*
Yay!! How are you today, Otlan! (let me read what you posted)

Edit: I agree about Eminem, I don't really listen to him or that kind of music, but his skills are undeniable.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:13:42 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 21, 2021, 07:17:41 AM »
Oh, I'd love to see the old Perry Mason.
Never heard of this three: Gomer Pyle, Green Achers, Adam-12

I have more free time now, as I save like 3 hs in commuting. And I have weekends  :)

The Perry mason Show is fun, if a bit convoluted at times and some plot holes XD .

Gomer Pyle, US Marrien: Tradeing in Overalls for the Bage Fatigues of the US Marien Core, Gomer Pyle bids farwell to Mayberry to enlist in the Mariens, much to the Chargin of Commanding Officer Sargent Vincent Carter, who dose everything he can to get rid of Gomer while Simultaneously trying to survive through Gomer's Endless string of Blunders and Fowl Ups. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8GB_Bxp70

Green Achers, Sick of Being a Laywer and City Liveing, Oliver Wendle Dougless decides to pack up and move to the Country, along with his Wife Lisa Dougless. Buying a small Farm in a town called Hootervill, the Dougless soon find out that Country Liveing and Farming is Zany and More Cracked then a Scrambled Egg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbPAt1_vc4

Adam-12, Ride along with Officers Reed and Maloy, two of LA's finest as they battle never ending crime both on and off the streets of Los Angles. Each Episode features True Crime Stories, with Names changed to protect the innocent and the guilty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0f0tzEIIY
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 21, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »
*is hold*
Yay!! How are you today, Otlan! (let me read what you posted)

Edit: I agree about Eminem, I don't really listen to him or that kind of music, but his skills are undeniable.

*Snuggles* I'm Good Di-Di, though I'm heading to bed soon XD . Just poped on to say a quick Hi n_n <3 .

Raps not any different from any other style of Music, (With the Exception of Techno XP), you just have to look for the meaning behind the words n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 21, 2021, 07:24:58 AM »
You are probably right about rap  :)
Sleep well then, Otlan. Sweet dreams!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 27, 2021, 11:58:25 AM »
Hi there, all you weird people!

Last week I mentioned, that I felt exhausted. It turned out, that I was ill. No covid, but apparently there are still other diseases around that I think feel less honoured than in ancient times.
Just think about the good old cold. If you were "the cold", how would you feel, if your victim was tested covid negative, and everyone just passed it off as " just a cold"? Poor thing. ;)
Jokes aside, I didn't have a cold. We don't know, what it was, I just had headaches and a bit of a fever and my limbs hurt. Today ist the first day in two weeks that I woke up with no headache at all without me taking any medicine.

We still didn't have time to watch Wheel of Time. But I hope soon.

Today I made some music myself. I took out some Christmas songs and played them with the violin to sing along.
And I recorded my voice for a song we sing for a birthday. That was fun. I did the same with violin and flute and sent it to the choir director. 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 27, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »
Sooooo, I just found out that the US Military Branches are the 2nd scariest ones on the Planet XD ! Here's the first: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lzSmnNacQ

@Regen: *Huggles tight* Glzd your feeling better n_n <3 ! Hope you'll share your music with us too n_n <3 !

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 27, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »
((((((Otlan))))
I have not seen the video, but we know gurkhas very well, they came to the Malvinas (Falklands for the British) war. A sore subject for me.

Regen, I am sorry you were ill, and of course, super glad you are feeling better.
Not only that about the common cold, it is also restricted, because with all the precautions due to covid, there are less cold contagions too  :)
How is the house's building going?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 28, 2021, 01:25:13 AM »
((((((Otlan))))
I have not seen the video, but we know gurkhas very well, they came to the Malvinas (Falklands for the British) war. A sore subject for me.

Regen, I am sorry you were ill, and of course, super glad you are feeling better.
Not only that about the common cold, it is also restricted, because with all the precautions due to covid, there are less cold contagions too  :)
How is the house's building going?

Yaaaa, I read a comment about that particular fight. Apparently an Argientian artillery unit spent the night bombarding the Gurkas. Then the next day when the Gurkas charged they're position, the Argentines surrendered almost immediately, which I do not blame them one bit for XD . I woudn't have Eve shelled them XD .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 28, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »
I don't know, I never had the stomach to read much about the war. It hurts too much. Our soldiers were badly nourished, with cold, many of them were very young. Some of them remember having being captured and British soldiers being appalled of their poor condition (and of course they ate much better as British prisoners, the British had a very professional, well provided army). All the public did donations for our soldiers, food, blankets, money, whatever. We gave what we could. I remember we donate several little gold chains or pins, even some of my baptism gifts and things like that. I was 9 at the time and I remember it pretty well. And when the War was over it was discovered that the government stole most of it, gave it to friends, sold it. Very few things arrived to the soldiers. Our government at the time was a dictatorship, and the president at the time was the third de facto president on a raw, and probably the most ineffectual of them. He went to the War to try to win the favor of the public, and it worked for a while. And after the war, it crashed. The dictatorship ended the following year.
On the UK, the war also served to win the favor of the public, but their government was a legitimate one. The success in the War secured the relection of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. And I think many British regretted it later.
Sorry, we are not supposed to talk politics here in the forum but I wanted to give you an idea of how things were. I think what I said was historically proven, or my own memories. But if someone gets offended I'll delete it.

On a happier note, we bought a chocolate liquor and we opened it today. Very yummy. it is from a chocolaterie, which (besides chocolates) sells really would ice creams (gelatto). We had never tried their liquor until today.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:35:11 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 13, 2021, 07:40:39 AM »
Hello!!!!!
I was absent for a while, so I thought I'd drop by and say hello.
I was working the nightshift last week. So now I feel tired again. There is a pattern, lol. I always feel tired. But I have the week off. That is good, because I can finish the Christmas gifts for the kids.

This year we will celebrate at my parents', because I have to work and won't have time to prepare for guests. So I will just bring some food.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 13, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
I don't know, I never had the stomach to read much about the war. It hurts too much. Our soldiers were badly nourished, with cold, many of them were very young. Some of them remember having being captured and British soldiers being appalled of their poor condition (and of course they ate much better as British prisoners, the British had a very professional, well provided army). All the public did donations for our soldiers, food, blankets, money, whatever. We gave what we could. I remember we donate several little gold chains or pins, even some of my baptism gifts and things like that. I was 9 at the time and I remember it pretty well. And when the War was over it was discovered that the government stole most of it, gave it to friends, sold it. Very few things arrived to the soldiers. Our government at the time was a dictatorship, and the president at the time was the third de facto president on a raw, and probably the most ineffectual of them. He went to the War to try to win the favor of the public, and it worked for a while. And after the war, it crashed. The dictatorship ended the following year.
On the UK, the war also served to win the favor of the public, but their government was a legitimate one. The success in the War secured the relection of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. And I think many British regretted it later.
Sorry, we are not supposed to talk politics here in the forum but I wanted to give you an idea of how things were. I think what I said was historically proven, or my own memories. But if someone gets offended I'll delete it.

On a happier note, we bought a chocolate liquor and we opened it today. Very yummy. it is from a chocolaterie, which (besides chocolates) sells really would ice creams (gelatto). We had never tried their liquor until today.
It is safer because it is not American politics.

Chocolate liquor sounds wonderful.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 13, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »
Oh yes, it was quite yummy  :D The bottle is finished already (it was not too big anyway)

My Christmas tree is up (since Dec. 8) and I am happy about it.

Regen, I am glad you have the week off, and also about you and yours spending the Christmas at your parents. You deserve some relax  :)
Hubby and I will spend Christmas alone again.Besides the restrictions due to Covid, he is having some mobility problems so we are not traveling, and the people we usually spent Christmas with have similar problems too.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 13, 2021, 08:09:07 PM »
Hello weirders and weirdresses..<-----Doesn't that word sound like a futuristic dress? Now that I think about it, it's a word that describes seamstresses in the future, when they make a come back with some weird dresses. But I digress. How is everyone doing? I haven't had much time on my computer in the past couple of months, and as you all know, I hate typing on phones.
All quite on the eastern front :)
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 14, 2021, 12:25:29 PM »
Oh yes, it was quite yummy  :D The bottle is finished already (it was not too big anyway)

My Christmas tree is up (since Dec. 8) and I am happy about it.

Regen, I am glad you have the week off, and also about you and yours spending the Christmas at your parents. You deserve some relax  :)
Hubby and I will spend Christmas alone again.Besides the restrictions due to Covid, he is having some mobility problems so we are not traveling, and the people we usually spent Christmas with have similar problems too.
The Christmas was up ten days ago but we just now finished the decorations.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 14, 2021, 06:45:49 PM »
We don't have a tree yet. Will get one next week. It will be decorated on the 23.
But I wrapped the presents in paper today.
We deliberately moved into the vicinity about 11 years ago to be able to meet with my parents, not only for Christmas but on a regular basis. And my husbands siblings live here too with their families. Usually we alternate Christmas locations. This year it would be my turn, but we relocated, because of work. It's just the next village. 20 minutes on foot.
Traditionally we would have spent Christmas with just one's own small family, in quiet and very romantic. Then we would go to church, or at least I would go, because I had to sing, and because it is nice. My father doesn't go, he has an aversion against institutions and being told what to do in general, lol.
This year, same as last year, there will be no singing with the choir, because we didn't even come together to rehearse the songs. So we just recorded our voices for "Stille Nacht". We were told to imagine our stomachs being overly full, being in the darkened church with just some candles. Like it would be, if we could go. I hope the end result will be nice.

Maybe my little one can bring her guitar and play a bit. My father has one too.

LOL weirdress!