Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240424 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1350 on: November 17, 2021, 05:38:58 AM »
Fine, if you say so. *laughs* Just kidding.
Seriously, I am convinced that you are brave, because it is very hard to face our own insecurities (and even more to put them on words). And to ask for help? That is not easy either.
Well, let us know if you began therapy, please.

*Huggles* Will do Hon n_n <3 . It's good to be back here n_n <3 .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 17, 2021, 05:47:11 AM »
It is good to have you back  :)

Speaking of other things, have you read "The Wheel of time"? I now that some JB fans did, but not me. I am thinking on watching the show (it will arrive soon to Amazon).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 17, 2021, 07:41:55 AM »
It is good to have you back  :)

Speaking of other things, have you read "The Wheel of time"? I now that some JB fans did, but not me. I am thinking on watching the show (it will arrive soon to Amazon).

I have not XD . My frined tried to get me into that series, from what I understand though, the story is a bit complicated XD . If you watch the TV series, let me know how it is n_n . I've been itching for something new to watch n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 17, 2021, 08:02:29 AM »
Oh, I have simply too many shows to watch, but I think I will try to watch it.

Superhero shows:
Supergirl and Black Lightning ended, but I still have a lot of Arrowverse shows (Flash, Batwoman, Superman & Lois, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl) not all them in the air in the same months. Also, Titans and Doom Patrol. All that covers my DC quota. I still need to watch half a season of Lucifer, by the way.
Then, there are all the Marvel shows. Too many, but short.

Besides that, Doctor Who began a new season. And I still have other sci-fi shows I would like to watch (Foundation, The Nevers, some others I don't remember).

Oh, and I watch some "ordinary" shows sometimes, like CSI:Vegas or Magnum. So yes, always a show waiting for me  :)

And I am watching the miniseries about Maradona, the Argentinian football (soccer) player that was the best. 10 episodes and I already watched 7.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 17, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »
Oh, I have simply too many shows to watch, but I think I will try to watch it.

Superhero shows:
Supergirl and Black Lightning ended, but I still have a lot of Arrowverse shows (Flash, Batwoman, Superman & Lois, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl) not all them in the air in the same months. Also, Titans and Doom Patrol. All that covers my DC quota. I still need to watch half a season of Lucifer, by the way.
Then, there are all the Marvel shows. Too many, but short.

Besides that, Doctor Who began a new season. And I still have other sci-fi shows I would like to watch (Foundation, The Nevers, some others I don't remember).

Oh, and I watch some "ordinary" shows sometimes, like CSI:Vegas or Magnum. So yes, always a show waiting for me  :)

And I am watching the miniseries about Maradona, the Argentinian football (soccer) player that was the best. 10 episodes and I already watched 7.

*Whistles* Damn Dina, ware do you find time to watch all of that XD !?

Most of the show's I've been watching lately have been older ones MASH, Monk, Columbo, Parry Masson, Twlight Zone, Buck Rodgers, Star Trek, Gomer Pyle, Green Achers, Adam-12, The Adams Family, Happy Days Carol Barneat and Ed Sulivan Shows and Hogan's Heros.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 17, 2021, 06:52:58 PM »
Oh, I'd love to see the old Perry Mason.
Never heard of this three: Gomer Pyle, Green Achers, Adam-12

I have more free time now, as I save like 3 hs in commuting. And I have weekends  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 20, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »
*Goes and Put's some songs on the Jukebox*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49OY0kV0n_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSx1xWn0RJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

(((((OTLAN)))))
Thank you for the songs! I realized I needed music today.
Durin's Song quite moved me. I love TLOTR, though I didn't make it through the Silmarillion. It was well sung.
I think the Wellerman was a traditional Irish song before it became famous, wasn't it?
 I don't usually listen to Eminem, though I'm always fascinated how many words he can pack into one second, lol.

I'm a bit exhausted, but I have got the weekend off, so I hope, I'll get enough sleep and energy to make it through the next week. Just one week after another.

But I've got some new books to look forward to. And maybe convince my husband to watch Wheel of Time. The past weeks I went to bed early because work is exhausting.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 20, 2021, 11:06:15 PM »
Good maen everyone!

Oh, the Silmarillion is probably my favorite LOTR universe book, even when there are at least two parts that I considered boring or bad. But the first part, the creation of the world, is awesome and the whole book is more...poetic, I would say.
But, to be honest, I don't like the LOTR books that much. The universe is great, the story is interesting and I like many of the characters but the way it is told is too convoluted, artificial and loooong.

I watched the first episode of the Wheel of time. I have not read the books, so I have nothing to compare with, but it looks promising, besides the whole Chosen One cliché. I will probably watch ep 2 tonight.

I am on episode 9 of the series about Maradona, right on the verge of his most glorious moment, the ´86 World Cup. I am completely hooked  ;)

I hope you enjoy your weekend and can rest at your heart´s content, Regen!

I had not listen to the music yet, Otlan, but thanks for sharing it with us!
Missing you, Md 

Offline DeepBlueJoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 21, 2021, 02:05:27 AM »
I'm weird, so I guess this is my thread.  Waves to everyone.  hopes that someone actually reads this... it seems rather quiet here...  sighs. 

Wish you were here...

Is there anybody in here?  Nod if you can hear me...

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 21, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
*nods gravely*
Greetings to you, o fellow weird person.
Welcome.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 21, 2021, 06:30:31 AM »
I'm weird, so I guess this is my thread.  Waves to everyone.  hopes that someone actually reads this... it seems rather quiet here...  sighs. 

Wish you were here...

The Reaper is alwats listening. Welcome to the Weird n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 21, 2021, 06:43:16 AM »

Wish you were here...

Sorry this was empty the first time you came here. Welcome!  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 21, 2021, 06:52:21 AM »
(((((OTLAN)))))
Thank you for the songs! I realized I needed music today.
Durin's Song quite moved me. I love TLOTR, though I didn't make it through the Silmarillion. It was well sung.
I think the Wellerman was a traditional Irish song before it became famous, wasn't it?
 I don't usually listen to Eminem, though I'm always fascinated how many words he can pack into one second, lol.

I'm a bit exhausted, but I have got the weekend off, so I hope, I'll get enough sleep and energy to make it through the next week. Just one week after another.

But I've got some new books to look forward to. And maybe convince my husband to watch Wheel of Time. The past weeks I went to bed early because work is exhausting.

*Hugs tight Back* Hi ya Regen, long time no see n_n ! Always happy to provide made Music n_n . I find it's the perfect remedy for a weary Soul n_n .

Durin's Song is one of my Favirotes n_n <3 . I actually have it memorized and can sing it by heart XD . I've tried readign TLOTR Books Before, much as I want to, I have trouble staying focused on them XD . The Movies may leave some things out, but I like them and the Games best, at least they're east to fallow, and they really capture the Spirit of the Stories n_n .

I actually looked this up once as I was curious about it/ I may have to do so again just to make sure my information is right. If I remember right, it's actually a Finish Sea Shanty. The song mentions the Sailors Hapooning a Wright Whale, which is found in the Seas around Finland and Australia. Back then, rather then heading into Port to sell of the Whale Part, the Companies would send out these Trade Ships, The Wellerman being one such Ship, to Trade the Crew in Goods like Rum, Spices and Silk for the Whale parts. The Tounging marked the End of a Whale Hunt, when the crew cut out and processed the Whale's Toung. That's usally when they'ed head back into port to sell they're Trade Goods.

Eminem is one of the best Rapper that ever lived n_n . Just when you think he's gone as far as he can, he pushes himself even further, and that's true dedication. Like him or not, you at least have to respect the man for that. The Video I like because it was actually made by a Fan, who sent it to Eminem who then wrote the guy and asked if he'd be interested in making more Videos for him. The reason i like the song is because it's actually about his battle with Alcohol Dependancy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0JjYUe5jo There's the official video.

*Huggles tight again* Sorry your feeling so Exhausted Hon -_- . I hope you get to enjoy your Weekend though n_n <3 .

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 21, 2021, 06:57:56 AM »
*Pounces on the Diansaures Rex so she can't get away and Snuggles* ~ <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!