Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240276 times)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1335 on: November 03, 2021, 06:36:20 PM »
Well, I used to watch "Bewitched" a lot back in the day.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 03, 2021, 07:23:56 PM »
Me too, and I even have a few seasons in DVD. It was a gift from Hubby.
As a little child, there were only 4 or 5 TV networks (one of them was from a neighbour city and not all the TV devices were able to sintonize it in my area). One of those had a regular program, I don't remember what day (probably Saturday) that aired Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie together. I always watched them but I was too young to remember much of them now. But at the beginning of the '90s, a cable network got a section with many old shows including those two, and I could see them again. It was fun.
Sometimes they also paired those shows with a third one, "The Flying nun", with Sally Field  ;D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 09, 2021, 09:20:28 PM »
Hey, you lovely weird people. I just came by with no idea what to write, so I simply say
HELLO
How are you?

I'm extremely busy these days, but I'm hoping, things will slow down a bit soon.

Construction site update: the new house in the neighbourhood has a roof now, and it doesn't appear as big as it is. At least not from out of my kitchen window.

Weather: cold, colder, freeze

Health: peachy

Work: action, action, action

Games: I don't play games ;)

Books: "Sanctum" by M. Heitz as audio during the way to work and during houshold chores. And I have started with book #2 of the Demon Accords by John Conroe today.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 09, 2021, 11:42:17 PM »
HELLO!

I changed to one of my favorite avatars, my Dinasaur  :)

Regen, I hope you are not too tired, and things are slower. I had a terrible last week (terrible=busy, not bad) but this one should be much more relaxed.

It's the new house pretty?

Sorry about the cold. We had some normal November days, warm but not terrible hot. And yesterday there was a sudden storm that was quite unpredictable (I had been out not half an hour before it began raining and it was just mildly cloudy, with more blue sky than clouds). It rained a lot but it was short, I don't know, half an hour or less of strong rains and another while of a lighter rain, and then, nothing. Today it was more or less cloudy, but no rains.

I am still enjoying the Maradona series, I've seen 6 episodes (there are 7 in my Amazon Prime, they did not upload the final 3 yet). There were not more terrible historical changes.

Apparently, today is Carl Sagan Day. I like to remember him  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 10, 2021, 04:16:52 AM »
Dinasaur, grrrrr
 :D

It's the new house pretty? 
I have not thought about that. At least it's form is not ugly. There is no façade yet and no windows. 

The cold is ok, it should be cold in November.

I remember Carl Sagan, I often watched him with my father.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 10, 2021, 08:24:38 PM »
 :)
Well, we will have to wait and see about the house  :)
Oh yes, I remember him pretty well. I watched Cosmos and I also read the book. I watched the movie "Contact" too. On a side note, Hubby and I watched the first season of the new Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson, but we abandoned season 2 after a couple of episodes.
Carl Sagan was also the husband of Lynn Margulis for a time, which is interesting to me as a biologist, as she was an important evolutionary biologist.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 14, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »
I just realized it's been ages since I've posted here, so... Hello weird :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 15, 2021, 06:31:57 PM »
*One of the Tables creaks and tilts sideways as a hatch below it opens up, revealing a small, darken tunnel. From this tunnel, the top part of a head emerges. The Head is covered in thick black and filth covered fur, sporting a pair of pointed wolf ears. A pair of sunken and tired red eyes peer over the lip of the tunnel, seeing if anyone is around. Seeing now one, a severely emaciated werewolf, covered in grim, old wounds and scars, it's one thread bare robes now in tatters, pulls it's self free of the tunnel. It's head whips back and forth at the slightest sounds, looking like it's ready to bolt as it creeps it's way over to where the Food, Booze and Medical Supplies are stored. Once there, it proceeds to eat with ravenous abandon and try to drink it's self into a Coma, Spilling food and booze all over the place while also trying to treat it's wounds at the same time.*
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 15, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »
I just realized it's been ages since I've posted here, so... Hello weird :D
I have been worried for you. I am glad you posted  :)

*One of the Tables creaks and tilts sideways as a hatch below it opens up, revealing a small, darken tunnel. From this tunnel, the top part of a head emerges. The Head is covered in thick black and filth covered fur, sporting a pair of pointed wolf ears. A pair of sunken and tired red eyes peer over the lip of the tunnel, seeing if anyone is around. Seeing now one, a severely emaciated werewolf, covered in grim, old wounds and scars, it's one thread bare robes now in tatters, pulls it's self free of the tunnel. It's head whips back and forth at the slightest sounds, looking like it's ready to bolt as it creeps it's way over to where the Food, Booze and Medical Supplies are stored. Once there, it proceeds to eat with ravenous abandon and try to drink it's self into a Coma, Spilling food and booze all over the place while also trying to treat it's wounds at the same time.*

*Dina founds the werewolf almost unconscious and begins tending of his wounds, even knowing that he will heal himself soon. She then covers him with a clean fuzzy blanket, pats gently his head, and sits on a chair to read a book while waiting for him to regain full awareness.*
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 16, 2021, 01:44:53 AM »
I have been worried for you. I am glad you posted  :)

*Dina founds the werewolf almost unconscious and begins tending of his wounds, even knowing that he will heal himself soon. She then covers him with a clean fuzzy blanket, pats gently his head, and sits on a chair to read a book while waiting for him to regain full awareness.*

*The oversized wolf softly whimpers in his sleep and snuggles up in the soft and warm blanket, grateful for the Love and Kindness of Dear Friends* ~ <3 ....

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 16, 2021, 07:46:00 AM »
*Dina raises slightly the temperature of the room and, after searching of her bag of holding, sprays some lavender perfume, knowing that it helps to sleep well*
*She is concerned, not for the physical injuries of the werewolf but because he went directly for the ooze. Never a good sign. So she keeps reading, waiting to see if when he wakes up, he wants to talk. She hopes he know friends are always ready to listen to him."
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 16, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »
*Dina raises slightly the temperature of the room and, after searching of her bag of holding, sprays some lavender perfume, knowing that it helps to sleep well*
*She is concerned, not for the physical injuries of the werewolf but because he went directly for the ooze. Never a good sign. So she keeps reading, waiting to see if when he wakes up, he wants to talk. She hopes he know friends are always ready to listen to him."

*The Werewolf stirs awake the next day, still wrapped up warm in the blanket.*

Not much to say...I spent the last two years carrying around a heavy burden I didn't even realize I was carrying, since my mom passed away. I finally broken down, literally, when I told my Sister about it. Both she and a frined of mine have sugested I go to Theropy and talk to someone about it. They both think I'm carrying around more, and maby I am...But now that the Burdens Gone, most of my Angers gone with it...I used it as an Armor to try and keep everything and everyone away from me. Now that it's gone though, I just feel Howl and Empty inside...I'm not sure if I'm Crazy, going Crazy or am already around the bend. Now I'm just scared and tired...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 16, 2021, 07:27:26 PM »
*Dina smiles and hugs him, taking care of not harming him while he is still minding. Then she makes hot cocoa for two*

I am not a psychiatrist, but I am pretty sure you are not crazy. I completely understand grief, the burden of carrying it around. Therapy is a great idea. Honestly? You sound depressed, but a psychologist will be able to diagnose you, and I think therapy will help you in any case.
I am so proud of you for speaking about it, and for reaching for help (first your sister and your friend). You are really brave and I hope you get better because I want you to be a happy puppy ((((((((((((((Otlan)))))))))))))
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 17, 2021, 02:35:33 AM »
*Dina smiles and hugs him, taking care of not harming him while he is still minding. Then she makes hot cocoa for two*

I am not a psychiatrist, but I am pretty sure you are not crazy. I completely understand grief, the burden of carrying it around. Therapy is a great idea. Honestly? You sound depressed, but a psychologist will be able to diagnose you, and I think therapy will help you in any case.
I am so proud of you for speaking about it, and for reaching for help (first your sister and your friend). You are really brave and I hope you get better because I want you to be a happy puppy ((((((((((((((Otlan)))))))))))))

*Huggles tight and Snuggles* I already am, being back here and getting to talk to you Dina n_n <3 ...

*Chuckles* Your about the secound or third person that sound I sound Depressed...maby I am. Think I better see if my Insurance Covers this kind of stuff and seek help. Better safe then sorry if nothing else.

*Smiles and Shakes my head* I'm not Brave Dina, but thank you for thinking so n_n . Honestly just wanna find out if my bells cracked and if I belong in a padded room with a Hug Myself Jacket.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 17, 2021, 04:54:47 AM »
Fine, if you say so. *laughs* Just kidding.
Seriously, I am convinced that you are brave, because it is very hard to face our own insecurities (and even more to put them on words). And to ask for help? That is not easy either.
Well, let us know if you began therapy, please.
Missing you, Md