Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240320 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1320 on: October 18, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »
Thank you, Dina. So sorry for your loss and all those moms who are not there any more.
Our mother's day is in May.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 19, 2021, 11:30:19 PM »
Thank you, Regen.
I am pleased today because I've learnt that a friend I had not contacted in a while is heavily pregnant with her second child. I am delighted because she had problems to conceive the first time (her son is perfectly healthy, he was just difficult to conceive) I honestly did not expect her to be able to have a second one.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 21, 2021, 05:55:34 AM »
*waves back*
That's understandable, but it was good for you to take that step. Now you can rid yourself from that mental load. It's over.
Any new job in sight, yet?
I am waiting to hear back final word on three different jobs I've applied to in the past month, one of which I feel extremely good about because it seems like a good culture fit, the pay and work/life balance are good, and the interviewers went out of their way to compliment me multiple times during the interview. So hopefully I get that one.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 21, 2021, 04:46:20 PM »
That sounds good. I hope you get the good job. Wish you luck. :)

I'm going to spend the weekend with the choir. We will be singing the whole weekend and cooking together and talking. I hope I can go. We had to have ourselves tested twice this week at work, because one of the doctors had covid. But I didn't have a lot contact to her last week and we always wore masks. Monday I was tested negative and the result from today isn't availlable yet. But I suppose, I will be called, if it should be positive, which I don't think. Maybe I call them to ask. Just to know in time.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 21, 2021, 06:48:30 PM »
I'm negative! Yay!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 21, 2021, 10:19:23 PM »
Glad to hear that, Regen! Enjoy your weekend in the choir.
I am waiting to hear back final word on three different jobs I've applied to in the past month, one of which I feel extremely good about because it seems like a good culture fit, the pay and work/life balance are good, and the interviewers went out of their way to compliment me multiple times during the interview. So hopefully I get that one.
Sounds great! I am crossing my fingers for you ((((((((DC)))))))))
So, doing something fun?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 25, 2021, 07:02:17 AM »
The job is working for a government regulatory agency for waste facilities. So, fun? Maybe not. Interesting? To a point.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 25, 2021, 05:04:18 PM »
(((((DC)))))
I have not the first idea of whatever a job like that would involve on a daily basis, so of course I don't know if it is fun or not, but it definitely sounds interesting. And useful. I think in some level all of us want our work to be useful.
So, any news yet? (About any of the jobs)
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 27, 2021, 05:45:01 PM »
Placeholder tag.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 29, 2021, 08:18:12 AM »
Hello people!

Begins rant:
I began watching Maradona: Blessed Dream. It's an Amazon prime tv series about the life of Maradona. I began watching it and I am so confused. He was born in 1969. There is a scene in the show happening when he has 9 years. Both things (his age and year of birth) were specifically mentioned in the show. But moments later, they had a full scene about Peron's death. Maradona's parents crying, a sort of altar with pictures of Peron are shown and yadda yadda.  The problem is that Peron, who was 3 times president of my country, died when he was in office, in 1974. In 1969 things were totally different in Argentina, because we were suffering a dictatorship, with a president (Onganía) who has banned every mention of Peron. No one had Peron pictures at home at the time (unless well hidden). So, completely historical rubbish. I can't imagine why they decided to do that obvious change!
Rant over-

How are you doing? We are having some really hot days (in fact, Tuesday was the warmest day of the year, which is weird, because January is supposed to be the warmer month. Summer won't begin until December 21, so... :o
But it's supposed to be colder on the weekend.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 30, 2021, 10:20:28 PM »
Sorry about the double post, but I was nostalgic today and wanted to share something with the people who has joined the forum more recently.

Many, many years ago (I am talking like 10 years ago), we used to have thematic days. For instance, for Halloween, we changed our names, avatars, texts under the avatar, etc. Once, the at-the-time owner of the forum, Iago, decided to remove the option for us to change our forum names because it was complicated to follow who posted what (imagined if there was a problem that demanded the intervation of a mod, for example). So now, we have to keep our names. But of course, we still changed our avatars, texts under the pics and things like that.
One of my favorite changes, was the Dinasaur, but due to Halloween I decided to have my Bewitched avatar today. I'll put the Dinasaur soon, I promise.
So, happy Halloween for those celebrating it!  :) :) :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 01, 2021, 07:28:59 AM »
A late reply. Hello!
I was very tired this week and very busy.
The weather is what one would call "golden october". It is not cold, not stormy, once in a while there is a thick fog, the leaves have several colours, and the trees are not yet naked. This will change soon.
@Dina: about Maradona:
Most TV adaptions are not historically correct, but I understand your rant.

We don't really celebrate Halloween. But in the last decade there was a development (I say, it was a comercial decision to sell costumes and decoration stuff and make people think they need that, lol), so that more and more mostly younger people or people who just like to party and are glad for just another excuse to do that and kindergardeners who are glad to have another theme to use for the kids in autumn, do celebrate it. For trick or treating you have to go to areas where a lot of families with kids live.
Personally, I don't celebrate it, but the kids want to. I say, you can celebrate whatever you like, but I don't, so if you find someone who does it, go there. So the kids were at friends.
What I do like is the excuse to dress myself as a zombie or a vampire. I would do that all year but sadly people look weird at you, if you do it. I say I don't need Halloween for that, because we have Fasching in February, but I take the opportunity wherever I can get it.
Just at home. I don't do parties.

This year I made spider cupcakes. They looked funny. And my husband likes to carve pumpkins. I had an Aliens facehugger in my face for opening the door, lol. And my elder daughter wanted to be a bloody murderous nurse. OK. I can do bloody. I tested the make-up for several wounds on my arm. One of them looked so real, as if a stripe of skin was peeled off. Interesting effect done with a stripe of toilet paper, artificial blood and dark red and black paint.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 01, 2021, 08:55:40 AM »
Hi Regen!
I laughed a lot at the facehugger image  :)
About Halloween, more or less the same here. We never celebrated it but in the last decade there is a commercial movement and they sell toys, cotillion, cakes and things like that. I believe some people, even teenagers, do thematic parties. I don't think there is any trick or treating though, we are not so invested in the party yet.
I am glad you and your family are having fun.
As I don't like horror movies, I have no memory of scary costumes, except for a classical witch. If I had been a child when the Harry Potter books were out, I would have dressed as someone of that universe. Anyways, dressing as a witch if perfect, if not, I rather wear not-Halloween specific costumes, like superheroes.

I know you are right about Maradona, but still, it seem that there was no need for it. They could have done a small time skip if needed. Anyways, IRL I don't remember Maradona's family being as intense on their following of Perón.
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 02, 2021, 04:18:28 PM »
*looks at Dina's avatar* Well, hello Samantha

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 02, 2021, 11:28:49 PM »
*Smiles and moves her nose*
*PD suddenly finds himself in a very comfortable armchair, with a small side table with an hamburger, some chips and a good beer. Samantha will change that for something different, at the Pilgrim's choice*

Good maen everyone, I am happy you like to see Samantha.
I had a VERY stressful day, but it got a lot better in the evening, and I am now relaxing contentedly. I hope everybody is doing well.

Random comment, I don't know if everybody knows that I am a serious Star Trek and Star Wars fan. Yes, both of them, no need to choose. Well, I watched the first episode of a new animated show, Star Trek Prodigy. It was well done but I did not feel like I was watching a Star Trek show. It actually seemed to be a Star Wars show. So...I am not sure if I like it. Still, it is quite new, the story has just begun, it has room to get better for me. My problem is that there is no reason to try to imitate SW. Star Trek is great by itself!
Missing you, Md