Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240585 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1305 on: September 29, 2021, 09:51:06 AM »
LOL!

Yes, "tu es" must be very confusing. Did you know that we Argentinians (and Uruguayans) do not use the "tú" pronoun or the corresponding verbal times? it is terrible confusing for the rest of the word, we are that special  :). I mean, we study "yo, tú, el/ella, nosotros, vosotros, ellos/ellas" but we never actually use "tú" or "vosotros". We use "vos/usted" and "ustedes" (but vos and usted are singular, only vos is casual and usted is formal, and ustedes is the plural). And the verbal form are different it is crazy.
For example, here are the conjugation of a regular, simple verb https://dle.rae.es/cantar#conjugaciondQ9fX5Y
Totally crazy! But don't worry. "Pure" Spanish, like the one spoken in Spain, is easier  :)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 30, 2021, 06:07:50 AM »
¡Gracias!  ;)
I bookmarked the website. I remember you telling us about usted and ustedes. Does "vos" mean "you"?
I noticed that the verbal forms of usted and ustedes are similar to the ones of él/ella and ellos/ellas . At least in the present tense, which is all I know as of now.

I started watching WandaVision... OK... It's definitely different... I think I like it. Though I fell asleep during the 4th episode. But not because it was boring, but because I slept only 3 ours the night before.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 30, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
Ah, well done for using the "¡" sign. It is less and less used, because of internet and chat and so on, but I always found it useful, same as "¿"

Yes, "vos" means "you" (in singular). And you are right about the verbal forms.

Wandavision is...different, as you said. I liked it, but sometimes I found it too weird. Anyways, things become less weird about ep 4 or 5, I don't remember exactly.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 06, 2021, 05:45:43 PM »
Hello!
How is everybody?
I had some busy days of work, but so far everything is OK.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 07, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »
Glad to hear that. I've been busy too-
And today, I've felt especially tired, I think it is because it is coldish again after some really good days, so I feel as if Winter is back, and I want to place myself under the blankets in bed.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 10, 2021, 06:42:44 PM »
Winter is coming.
I needed something warm so I made potato&pumpkin soup.

My husband is a bit ill. He sleeps a lot, his ears hurt and his nose is running.

At the construction site there is already a house but with no roof yet. I'm relieved, that it won't be as high as I feared, but it is big nonetheless.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 10, 2021, 08:11:08 PM »
That sounds yummy. Hubby does not like pumpkin, so I almost never cook with it, except when I made myself grilled pumpking slices with cheese. I love those.
I hope your husband gets better soon! It sounds quite annoying.
Glad about the house.
I finished watching What if...? I liked it. Now, around 2 months without Marvel/Disney+ shows.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 10, 2021, 09:57:40 PM »
I love grilled pumpkin with cheese, too. Yesterday we put some Hokkaido on our pizza. That was interesting.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 11, 2021, 09:15:56 AM »
I am sorry, I don't know what Hokkaido is.
I am happy because yesterday we have a football (soccer) match for the qualifiers for the World Cup. We won 3-0 over Uruguay, but the best part was that they really played well. And with public back in the stadiums, this was good!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 11, 2021, 06:24:41 PM »
I am sorry, I don't know what Hokkaido is.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize, it might be called differently. It's a sort of pumpkin, I like best. You can eat every part of it. Very tasty.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_kuri_squash

I am happy because yesterday we have a football (soccer) match for the qualifiers for the World Cup. We won 3-0 over Uruguay, but the best part was that they really played well. And with public back in the stadiums, this was good!
Yay!!! Congratulations!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 11, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »
Thank you!

Oh, I don't think that pumpkin is found here. We have surprisingly few varieties of pumpkins. Even when sometimes they look pretty

Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 12, 2021, 08:58:21 PM »
Random post:
I am happy because I bought some candies that were very common when I was a child, so they are childhood-flavored  :).
Let me be clear, that particular brand of candies never left the stores, only they became scarcer and, much more important, as I grew up I seldom buy them. But today I saw them and decided to indulge (also, hubby loves them too). I regret nothing.
In case you are curious, the candies are called "Fizz". They are round, made of hard candy (but the important part is that they have a hollow core, filled with a fizzy juice. It's like a juice-flavored alka-seltzer, so it is not only sweet but fun! Ideal for children...and nostalgic adults. They come in several flavors and are sold as a strip of individual packaged candy. Grape flavored ones are the best.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 17, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »
*Waves at the Weirdoes* Being unemployed is a strange feeling.I kind of had to do it for my mental health, but I have mixed feelings about it.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 17, 2021, 09:57:18 AM »
*waves back*
That's understandable, but it was good for you to take that step. Now you can rid yourself from that mental load. It's over.
Any new job in sight, yet?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 17, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
((((((((DC))))))))))
Yes, I can understand the feeling. But try to enjoy the chance of rest and not having a routine, it is a good feeling. And read, you can read  :)

Today is Mother's Day here, so I wish your moms (and those of you who are moms, like Regen) a very happy day!!!  :)  (It is not a happy day for me, because my own mom left this Earth many, many years ago and I still miss her, but I like that my friends enjoy themselves with their moms and/or children). i feel happy for them).
Missing you, Md