Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240466 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1245 on: August 14, 2021, 10:38:04 PM »
"I want to cite an old woman I had a talk about arrogant people. Those who try to make you feel inferior, because they supposedly have a better life, a better job, more money, are more beautiful, raise their kids better and so on. Everyone knows such people."

I hate those people, not only because they are mean and create an awful environment but because they are stupid. Everyone has things that are "more" or "better" than others, but also "less" or "worse". Besides, you can have, for instance, more money than person A, but person B has more money than you. It makes no sense to act as if you were the best in everything.

I enjoyed so much your post, Regen, so bad ass  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 15, 2021, 03:02:22 AM »
Bad coworkers are a pain in the derrière.
Can you tell, what it is, that's so bad about them? Sometimes it helps to say it aloud or write it down.
Are they lazy?
Do they work against you or against each other?
Is it all of them or are there exceptions?
Sometimes it is enough that there are one or two arseholes and the rest is to scared to say or do anything and some join them in doing arseholy things just to be on their good side.
Did you ever talk about the problems?
Does anyone talk about the problems?

What needs to be changed?

Sometimes it gets a bit better just to honestly say something about the situation and one's feelings about it with everyone present. That tells them "We see you. We know who you are. We see what you do. We have been nice about it before,  but there is a line that has been crossed and we won't tolerate that any more." No need to say any names. The ones you mean will know it is them.

I've done that. I said I had enough. I told them we don't have to like each other, but I want people I can trust with work related stuff. We don't have to see each other in private. But would you please behave like adults and just do your job.

After that I thought now I am persona non grata until one if us leaves. And they do look at me with other eyes now. More careful. As if they were afraid to piss me off. And they should be. To be honest, I'm done with being pushed around. And I made that clear.
They are still bullying others but not when they think I might see or hear about that. And I did tell them, that everyone talked to me. EVERYONE!
I never used a threatening voice or said it in threatening words. But I think they understood how angry I was.
It's just two or three out of 20, but they can ruin the whole atmosphere.
I think they were impressed, because I didn't say something for myself but for two others I noticed have been bullied for a long time. And as long as no one says anything they do whatever they want with you, because they can.
I don't need them to like me. They can even hate me. I don't care, as long as they keep their personal stuff out of work. And I do the same.

I want to cite an old woman I had a talk about arrogant people. Those who try to make you feel inferior, because they supposedly have a better life, a better job, more money, are more beautiful, raise their kids better and so on. Everyone knows such people.

The woman told me: "I don't feel inferior anymore. I told myself, that I am somebody, too."
And she was right. Everyone is somebody. If you feel the need to look down on others, then I pity you. Then you don't understand that the person you are looking down at is somebody, too. Just somebody else.

So, the main issue is that store leadership is not interested in doing anything about it. They're lazy but they show up for their shifts and are apparently better than the unknowns and costs of a new hire. No point in management writing them up if nothing is going to be done about it, right? Our current store leader is retiring in two weeks though so I'm sort of hoping if I have to stay here much longer the new store leader will do something about it.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 17, 2021, 02:24:58 AM »
But, I don't understand, the problem is that they are lazy? If so, my following question is why it bothers you, because you need to work more (to make up for what they don't do), or just because you think it is unfair?  I know it seems the same, but it is not the same.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 17, 2021, 02:56:07 AM »
They are lazy and it bothers me because it means I and everyone else have to work harder to make up for the things that they don't do, which just means that there is more stress to go around. If they didn't feel the need to make everyone's work day more difficult I wouldn't care nearly as much but the number of times I have been complained to by customers or idiots from other departments who don't understand or care to see the problem about an aggressively fixable problem makes it very annoying.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 18, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »
Yes, I completely understand and of course you are right.
Well, probably wait until the new store leader and see what happens. At this moment, I think it is the best option. Now, if the new leader keeps indulging their behavior you (and your allies, if they are) may need to do the talking. Which is awkward and annoying, I know  :'( Also, probably the only definite solution.  I am sorry it sucks (((((((((((((DC))))))))))))))))))
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 21, 2021, 12:21:29 AM »
Good Evening Weird I hope everyone is doing well.

DC I offer no advice, just hope things get better for you there.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 21, 2021, 07:05:54 AM »
((((((((((GW))))))))))))))))
Good maen everyone, I've been quite distracted with several things, but I hope everyone is doing well.

Here it is unseasonly hot, I am really worried for global charming.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 27, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »
MAEN all :)
Dina, we've had the hottest summer here since 2011 I think. I don't know if it's global warming, we've had normal summers the past few years, but last winter was also quite warm.
Had a BBQ tonight, and the puppies are chewing on bones next to me now. They're making a mess but they look so happy that I don't have the heart to tell them off. :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 27, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »
Of course not! Let the puppies enjoy themselves!

We were having very hots Summers, but this Summer (I mean, this Jan-Feb) were not that bad. Last Winter had been more or less normal, but the current one is clearly warmer. I mean, we had some normal cool days, I would almost say July was normal. August is what is being particularly weird.

Have fun with your BBQ! I am thinking that perhaps I will have milanesas tonight (schnitzel, do you know what I am talking about?).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 27, 2021, 09:58:33 PM »
Oh, yeah. Damn I haven't had that in 3 years. I basically gave up all fried foods since I decided to lose some weight. Might be time to try it again, now that you've reminded me :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 28, 2021, 03:49:41 AM »
So an update on the whole coworker thing: it won't be a problem for much longer because I've decided I'm quitting to avoid burnout

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 28, 2021, 05:50:34 AM »
Oh, yeah. Damn I haven't had that in 3 years. I basically gave up all fried foods since I decided to lose some weight. Might be time to try it again, now that you've reminded me :D
Even when I admit that they are better fried, I actually made them in the oven. They are healthier that way (and it is cleaner). We sometimes had the fried version delivered to us, but when I cook I generally do them in the oven.

So an update on the whole coworker thing: it won't be a problem for much longer because I've decided I'm quitting to avoid burnout
((((((((((DC))))))))) That may be for the best! I hope that you can find some rest and find a better job later. Keep us posted.

Are you watching "Marvel's What if...?, guys? I had a blast with Coulson in this week episode.  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 28, 2021, 07:41:03 AM »
Greetings from Austria!
We are enjoying our time here and we have met some of the relatives we haven't seen for two years. That was nice.

@Dina: I almost always put things into the oven that are usually made fried. At first it was, because I had only one working stovetop and I didn't want cooking to take so long, but then because it was healthier that way.

@DC
I hope you find something better soon. It is sad, that you go, because if one thinks about it, THEY are the ones that should go, but on the other hand: when you are not there to do the work, they will have to. Muahaha! ;)

@Fcrate:
Cute puppies!!! Have fun.

The weather here is a bit like at home, though at home if it starts to rain, it won't stop for a while. Here there is sometimes hours without rain. Yesterday there was even sunshine though the whole week there were too many clouds and too much wind to either drive a little boat over the lake or go onto a mountain. That will be an option for next year, though I hope we might be able to see London next year.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 28, 2021, 11:20:17 PM »
Regen! I am so glad you and your family are enjoying yourselves! Are you in Vienna? (I always wanted to see Schönbrunn, I've read so many Sissi stories). Also, I wanted to go to a bar there. Salzburg, with the Sound of Music fountain and all that? Sorry, I got excited imagining Austria.
I imagined for a German, Austria is not so different. But for me, both Austria and Germany are so completely foreign, so different!
The other day I was laughing at this:
https://twitter.com/Ladrillazo/status/1346841788296941568/photo/1
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 29, 2021, 02:54:27 AM »
Regen! I am so glad you and your family are enjoying yourselves! Are you in Vienna? (I always wanted to see Schönbrunn, I've read so many Sissi stories). Also, I wanted to go to a bar there. Salzburg, with the Sound of Music fountain and all that? Sorry, I got excited imagining Austria.
I imagined for a German, Austria is not so different. But for me, both Austria and Germany are so completely foreign, so different!
The other day I was laughing at this:
https://twitter.com/Ladrillazo/status/1346841788296941568/photo/1
LOL (the link)
Hi, Dina!
Actually I am here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmunden
Today we are leaving. It's only a 3½ hours drive from home by car. Assuming one doesn't have to stop or there is no traffic jam.
We'll be having lunch first with family. After that we'll get on our way.