Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240398 times)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1185 on: July 17, 2021, 04:19:52 AM »
I am consistently surprised by the number of grown-ass adults in this world without the emotional capacity to solve simple problems and lash out instead.  :o
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 17, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »
Indeed. Some specific reason for that comment=

Also... (((((((((((((((((DC)))))))))))))))))))))!!   :) :) :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 17, 2021, 04:00:45 PM »
Good maen everyone!
Regen, I've heard there are strong storms in Germany. Is your area all right?
Thank you for your concern. I'm OK. The worst is in the west. I am in contact with a friend who lives there and donating money for the people in the area. She and her husband are taking food and clean water to the victims.

A few weeks ago a town only 15 minutes away from us has been flooded. Everyone was surprised, because it is quite high. The water ran down the hills. But it wasn't as bad as the pictures from the rivers Rhine and Erft. And no one died. It was because the dry ground could not keep that much rain at once.
Next the heavy weather will be around the alps. They say we might be lucky and only have some flooded basements, but I wouldn't be so sure. Water always runs down hill and there are all lot of rivers here that origin in the alps. In fact almost all of them. I'm preparing my rubber boots. Better safe than sorry. And some food in cans and water.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:02:31 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 17, 2021, 06:20:57 PM »
 :) :) Well, I am very glad you are ok, and I totally understand you saying "better safe than sorry". I would do the same.

Here today is a lovely sunny day (reasonably cold for the season). I am having a lazy day after a busy week.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 17, 2021, 10:31:24 PM »
Indeed. Some specific reason for that comment=

Also... (((((((((((((((((DC)))))))))))))))))))))!!   :) :) :)
I got called a narcissist for making a dumb joke that didn't land. Which...is just beyond reason, if I'm being honest. There's a totally reasonable range of responses to that and that's not it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 17, 2021, 11:25:13 PM »
Ah well, humor is a little difficult to judge, to be honest. Specially online, even when I don't know if that is the case. But I agree with you that sometimes the responses are exaggerated. People seem to be eager for an excuse to be offended. I don't get it.

I hope you can solve the problems with whomever lashed out at you. Of course, telling them that you understand it was a dumb joke will probably help.

IF it helps, I don't think you are a narcissist. *glomps DC*
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 18, 2021, 06:52:48 AM »
I don't think so either, and neither do my friends. It's strange because I don't think this person has ever actually met a narcissist or they would be aware of how comical the comparison is.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 18, 2021, 07:17:23 AM »
 :D Well, perhaps that person has their own issues and that is why they understood that. Again, hopefully you will talk and solve the problem.

How are you doing otherwise, DC? It has been ages since I saw you.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 20, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
Today is Friend's Day here, so HAPPY DAY for all of you!  :D :D :D
*hugs everyone*
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 20, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »
****HUGS BACK****

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 21, 2021, 04:09:50 AM »
:D Well, perhaps that person has their own issues and that is why they understood that. Again, hopefully you will talk and solve the problem.

How are you doing otherwise, DC? It has been ages since I saw you.
Yeah I dunno. I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. Work is kind of boring me out of my mind lately but that's a bit to be expected. I'm asking for a vacation in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of interviews lined up soon so that's nice.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 21, 2021, 06:45:50 AM »
Awesome DC (I mean, the interviews) and I hope you have fun with your vacation. Do you have any plans for it?
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 22, 2021, 12:32:55 AM »
Good Evening weird

DC Good luck on your interviews!

Hi! How are you?
Good thank you. How about you?

How is everyone doing in the Shov? All 12 fingers and toes?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 22, 2021, 12:35:00 AM »
Good maen everyone!

I am doing fine, GW but I am leaving because I have a match to watch. I just wanted to say hello because I saw you online. ((((((GW)))))))
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 22, 2021, 12:37:06 AM »
Good maen everyone!

I am doing fine, GW but I am leaving because I have a match to watch. I just wanted to say hello because I saw you online. ((((((GW)))))))
((((((DINA)))))) GO ARGENTINA!!!

I'm really looking forward to the Olympics. Such a feat of Human amazingness.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?