Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240286 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1170 on: July 06, 2021, 11:21:29 PM »
Howdy y'all. It's been awhile. Just visiting and hope everyone is doing well!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:33 AM »
(((((((((((WF))))))))))) Yay! Good to see you! How are you doing?
I am doing well. My country was hit hard by the second wave, but things are slowly improving. I received the first dose of the vaccine a way ago. Luckily, we are all well, but I know several people who were infected, the parents of some friends were in the hospital and sadly the father of one of my friends passed away due to Covid.
We had a very nice weekend, quite Spring-like but yesterday and today have been clouded and cold, as one would expect of Winter.
I am also dealing with the end of the academic semester, my students have their exam this Thursday.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 09, 2021, 11:18:38 PM »
Sorry about the double post.
It's Independence Day here  :) (so, National Holiday)
Following the tradition, we had hot chocolate with churros, and we are planning to have empanadas for dinner. I was going to make them but it is actually to hot and I don't want to turn on the fires, so we will have delivery  :)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 10, 2021, 08:45:27 PM »
Sorry about the double post.
It's Independence Day here  :) (so, National Holiday)
Following the tradition, we had hot chocolate with churros, and we are planning to have empanadas for dinner. I was going to make them but it is actually to hot and I don't want to turn on the fires, so we will have delivery  :)
That's amazing! Happy late Independence Day! Also happy late Independence Day for the US-people!
Yummy! Did you make the churros yourself? If you did, would you share your recipe?  8) ;D I'm thinking of making some this week.

It was hot? Is it spring time already?
We've had a lot of rainy storms in the last weeks and in between some hot days.
I've been having severe headaches because of the constant change in the weather and because I still suffer from jet lag due to the nightshift week. I think it's the age. LOL

Next week I'll try to convince some colleagues to divide the 7 nights into 4 and 3. I hope to get the boss on my side, because I planned it out completely so that nobody has a disadvantage and so that it would be completely voluntary to join the 4/3 group or to keep the 7 or even to do both. It would be enough to convince the boss and 3-4 people, so there would be enough people to cover the week at least most of the time.
And if nobody agrees, I'll simply try again later. As long until we do it. LOL
Did work sometimes. You just have to be patient.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 10, 2021, 08:58:06 PM »
Good day weird,
I hope you are doing well.
Been crazy busy with work this week.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 10, 2021, 09:38:27 PM »
Good day weird,
I hope you are doing well.
Been crazy busy with work this week.
Hi! How are you?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 11, 2021, 12:16:00 AM »
That's amazing! Happy late Independence Day! Also happy late Independence Day for the US-people!
Yummy! Did you make the churros yourself? If you did, would you share your recipe?  8) ;D I'm thinking of making some this week.

It was hot? Is it spring time already?
We've had a lot of rainy storms in the last weeks and in between some hot days.
I've been having severe headaches because of the constant change in the weather and because I still suffer from jet lag due to the nightshift week. I think it's the age. LOL

Next week I'll try to convince some colleagues to divide the 7 nights into 4 and 3. I hope to get the boss on my side, because I planned it out completely so that nobody has a disadvantage and so that it would be completely voluntary to join the 4/3 group or to keep the 7 or even to do both. It would be enough to convince the boss and 3-4 people, so there would be enough people to cover the week at least most of the time.
And if nobody agrees, I'll simply try again later. As long until we do it. LOL
Did work sometimes. You just have to be patient.

Hi! No, we bought the churros. You know, I did churros several times as a child but I had never done so as an adult. In fact, I lost the device we had (which was for shaping the churros). I am sure you can find some recipes online, though. We Argentinians like our churros, but they are a little thicker than the Spanish ones, and when we bought them, they are often filled with something, generally dulce de leche.

It is not Spring at all! We are in the heart of Winter, so to speak, but yesterday it was too hot (23°C) and even today we had some barmy 18. I suppose it is globar change  :'(

The idea of the 7 nights division sounds very good, I hope you succeed with it!  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 11, 2021, 12:27:02 AM »
Hi! No, we bought the churros. You know, I did churros several times as a child but I had never done so as an adult. In fact, I lost the device we had (which was for shaping the churros). I am sure you can find some recipes online, though. We Argentinians like our churros, but they are a little thicker than the Spanish ones, and when we bought them, they are often filled with something, generally dulce de leche.

It is not Spring at all! We are in the heart of Winter, so to speak, but yesterday it was too hot (23°C) and even today we had some barmy 18. I suppose it is globar change  :'(

The idea of the 7 nights division sounds very good, I hope you succeed with it!  :)
Ah, I wondered. "Hot" like "too warm for the season", not like "unbearable heat".

Yeah, I found recipes online, thank you. I don't have a device either. My grandmother had one, so either my uncle has it now or he threw it away. I think he threw it away or gave it to someone else. I honestly can't imagine him using it himself, LOL.

So either I find someone who has one or I'm going to create one myself. Or, if I can't manage, I'll look for one to buy. But only if I decide to use it regularly. Don't know yet.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 11, 2021, 12:33:00 AM »
At least here, they sell some that are quite cheap. I did not buy a new one basically because I like the churros I bought much better than those I could make.

And yes, it was warm for the season but still I did not want to turn the oven and the flames on.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 11, 2021, 01:57:31 AM »
Sorry about the double post but I wanted to tell you that I am very happy. Argentina won the Copa América (it's like the Eurocopa, but from South America). And over Brazil, our nemesis and the host. I am so, so happy  :D :D :D :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 12, 2021, 10:12:08 PM »
Congrats Dina :D :D was it a good game?
About Athena, after she disappeared for a day, I thought she'd crawled off somewhere to die, but she came back. We butchered 3 sheep for customers (it's nearing Eid El Adha) and I asked the customers to give me the spleens, and I gave them to her. She stole some of my food today, so she's fine. Lol
Still very thin though.from 4.5 kg to 2.5.
@Regen: While the rotation of night shifts is a good idea that let's you get more things done, you'll have to change your sleep cycle twice a week for it. From what you said earlier , you get migraines like I do. This will increase their frequency and strength.JJust something to keep in mind.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 13, 2021, 06:39:54 AM »
Well, the match was interesting, I am not sure it was that good. There were a lot of fouls. Argentina began playing better, I think. The goal came around 20 minutes in the first half. It was very good! But after that, Argentina became too careful and Brazil tried but they were not that good either. They made a goal too but it was invalidated (off side). And sadly Messi did not play a very good match. He had played very well the whole tournament but not in the final, it appears that a kick he suffered on his ankle on the previous match took a significant toll of him. Some of our players did not have a very good day either. But they had the wish to win  :)- They put their heart in it.
It was really a dream for us. To win over Brazil, the host, in the final in the Maracana? It was also an emotional component, as it was the first major Cup after Maradona left this Earth. Of course, we think he helped us, no doubt.

That previous match? It was very interesting too! We played better, having made a goal at 7´. And then in the second half they surprised us with a goal and the match ended in a tie. So, penalty kicks.
The first Colombian player scored. Then Messi did it too. Then our goalkeeper, "Dibu" Martinez stopped the second Colombian player shot. But then our second player shot it over the goal. And then things really got interesting. Dibu stopped another one. We scored. They scored. We scored and Dibu stopped another one!! He stopped 3/5 penalties! A beast! It was amazing!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL1SVxj_W1M in case you are curious  :D

I am so glad for Athena, I hope you pamper her a little with good food and pattings.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 13, 2021, 07:11:46 AM »
Omg, your Dibu went in the correct direction in all penalties, I'm not sure about the 4th one, bad angle, but he really scared the Columbians. We had a goalkeeper like that around 2005,he saved 3 penalties in one match. One during the game, and two in penalty kicks. But damn this Dibu is good, where does he play?
Columbia played a very good game in my opinion. From what I see, the tie breaker was your superior goalie.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 13, 2021, 05:22:24 PM »
He spoke to the Colombian players. He was on their heads. It instantly became viral here for his phrases "I will eat you. Look at me, I will eat you." and things like that.
He plays in an English club but I don't remember which one. He is a very good goalkeeper but I did not know he was so good at penalties.
And yes, Colombia played well. When I said that Argentina played better I was compairing that match with the one with Brazil. Messi being the main difference IMHO.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »
Good maen everyone!
Regen, I've heard there are strong storms in Germany. Is your area all right?
Missing you, Md