Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240309 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1110 on: June 10, 2021, 05:20:23 AM »
Awww, puppy. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly but I am hoping you find someone to help you. Depression is sadly very common these days, specially with pandemics, isolating and all the economic losses pandemics brought. About head shrinks, do you know that my country is said to have the highest shrink/population rate on the world? It was even a joke when I was a child. Many people I know are on therapy, at some point it was "cool". I don't know if the ciphers are still sound but even if we were not still in the first place, we still have a lot of psychologists.

I always remember a personal story. Many years ago (not so long after my dad died) I was having some strange feelings in my legs. I began seeing doctors and one of them sent me to a psychiatrist to see if it was all in my head. The man asked me a few questions, learnt about my dad (my mom had died years before and I have no siblings) and he made me a few tests where I was alone with an computer, answering questions. Well, when the results came, the doctor told me "Well, surprisingly, you are not depressed." I actually laughed at that. But seriously, he told me that I was sad but not depressed. (in short, it turned out that my leg feelings were due to an herniated disc which was apparently affecting a nerve or something. It got much better). But most people consulting him were actually depressed (or an early stages on it) so he was surprised I was not.

Now, on lighter things I knew you had internet now and that made me real happy. And now you have a computer too. Have fun on Steam!  :D

We'll see, I'm not looking too hard atm, too much to do already -_- . Maby one I get things a little more organized. Honestly, given all the things that have and are going on in your Country Dina, I'm not surprised you got more Headshrinkers then People Per Captia XD . Who knows, when I find one, maby they'll be from there XD .

LOL XD !! That is kind of a Funny Story XD . Sorry about your parents though -_- . And het, sadness can become a very real Disease. I've heard of case of people going to the hospital so over come with grief that they felt like they were dieing. Turns out, through a combination of things, they're hearts had actually enlarged and where threatening to stop. The Docs called it Broken Heart Syndrome.

I'm haveing a Ton of Fun on Steam, and I'm always looking for new Games and folks to play with, so if anyone wants to add me, Otlan9999 n_n .

@GW: Thanks Amigo, I appropriate it n_n . Like I said, that was a couple of weeks ago, I'm feel better now but it's nice to know I got people I can talk to n_n . I got a couple of Promising Leads, so hopefully I can find a better job soon. Preferably one where I don't have to work with, deal ot interact with the public in any way, shape or form n_n .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 13, 2021, 09:54:36 PM »
You know, I used to work at a grocery store and the public just isnt fun to deal with so I completely understand.

Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 14, 2021, 05:17:43 AM »
You know, I used to work at a grocery store and the public just isnt fun to deal with so I completely understand.

Well, I imagine that was a few years ago too. Things have gotten a LOT worse since then, especially with this damn Pandemic -_- . It's not just the Customers either. The company I work for showed they're True Colors during this Nightmare, showing us how much they "Appreciate" us as employees -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 14, 2021, 10:17:01 AM »
I am sorry, Otlan. And I am not surprised, the same happened with a lot of companies all around the world.

I began watching Sweet Tooth and, to be honest, I don't know how I feel about it (I only watched the first episode though). There is a post-apocalyptic setting (after a pandemics, as you could suspect) and a boom of babies born with animal traits (hybrids). But the story is about a sweet boy-Bambi and it seems to be...too hopeful for the situation. It's like the series is trying to tell a Fairy tale on a post-apocalyptic environment. So...beyond weird.

Did I tell you I watched "The Mitchells vs the machines"'? It's an animated movie. The story itself is not that great but I loved the movie, it was very fun  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 15, 2021, 12:07:00 AM »
I am sorry, Otlan. And I am not surprised, the same happened with a lot of companies all around the world.

I began watching Sweet Tooth and, to be honest, I don't know how I feel about it (I only watched the first episode though). There is a post-apocalyptic setting (after a pandemics, as you could suspect) and a boom of babies born with animal traits (hybrids). But the story is about a sweet boy-Bambi and it seems to be...too hopeful for the situation. It's like the series is trying to tell a Fairy tale on a post-apocalyptic environment. So...beyond weird.

Did I tell you I watched "The Mitchells vs the machines"'? It's an animated movie. The story itself is not that great but I loved the movie, it was very fun  :D
I loved Mitchells vs the Machines. It was so fun. I know I will watch it again by the end of this year
As for Sweet Tooth, I wasn't certain how good it would be. Kind of Reminds me of those Schwarma books.

Well, I imagine that was a few years ago too. Things have gotten a LOT worse since then, especially with this damn Pandemic -_- . It's not just the Customers either. The company I work for showed they're True Colors during this Nightmare, showing us how much they "Appreciate" us as employees -_- .
Yeah I can only imagine. I've seen videos of people talking about it and you have my utmost sympathies. I hope you find a job where they appreciate you for real. Not for show.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 15, 2021, 02:55:20 AM »
((((GW)))
I still watched only one episode of Sweet Tooth, so I remain on the fence. I am so glad you liked "The Mitchells..." though. I was not too interested when I saw it appeared in Netflix but then a friend of mine told me she loved it. So I decided to try it and did not regret it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 15, 2021, 08:09:35 PM »
((((GW)))
I still watched only one episode of Sweet Tooth, so I remain on the fence. I am so glad you liked "The Mitchells..." though. I was not too interested when I saw it appeared in Netflix but then a friend of mine told me she loved it. So I decided to try it and did not regret it.
((((DINA)))) Please let me know what you think.

So I got my heart looked at yesterday and its amazing how technology has progressed. Like you could even see, there in the bottom of my heart, my utter distaste for Rudolph the Brown nose cop. ;)
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 15, 2021, 09:16:16 PM »
LOL! It seems it is a common affliction, many of us are loaded with the same illness.

In my class today we discussed an old paper with data on red deer. I couldn't stop thinking in Sweet Tooth and his adorable antlers  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 15, 2021, 10:02:17 PM »
LOL! It seems it is a common affliction, many of us are loaded with the same illness.

In my class today we discussed an old paper with data on red deer. I couldn't stop thinking in Sweet Tooth and his adorable antlers  :)
Aww, that's cute. I imagine in your class you do things like that a lot. Always fun to make those connections.
How are you today ((((DINA))))

Also finally watched the new episode of Bad Batch and it had one of my fav star wars characters in it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:15:07 PM by ۞†Grey Warden†۞ »
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 15, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »
I watched it too!  :)

I am quite tired actually, because of my class and then going to laundromat and grocery store, and it is quite cold so I was in a hurry to be back in my warm home. But other than that, I am fine. I was watching something on tv, though. It's an online course of Argentinian history (the class I was watching was about the 1910-20's.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 15, 2021, 11:38:47 PM »
I watched it too!  :)

I am quite tired actually, because of my class and then going to laundromat and grocery store, and it is quite cold so I was in a hurry to be back in my warm home. But other than that, I am fine. I was watching something on tv, though. It's an online course of Argentinian history (the class I was watching was about the 1910-20's.
ooh. The 1910-20s. I'm not sure what it was like there but very interesting here.
I'm sorry its cold there. Stay warm!
I'm eating some Chicken Pot Pie. I didn't eat it for my first 20 years which is a shame because it is delicious.
Rest well!
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 15, 2021, 11:48:28 PM »
Of course it was.
Well, we were neutral in the War, mainly because UK wanted to keep buying our products without our ships risking to be sink. I mean, as we were neutral, we could sell to both sides, and UK preferred to keep buying our things instead of having our help (we did not have many weapons or soldiers to offer) and making our ships legit targets.
Besides, as Europe and USA were busy they did not sell us manufactured products. That was a significant change for us, as some of our industries were stopped because of the lack of supplies, but on the other hand, some people began producing things that were not produced here before.
But beside of that, we had a lot of inner problems, The worst was 1919, with terrible strikes that resulted in MORE THAN A THOUSAND deaths.
One of the best things, though, was the University Reform, in 1918.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 16, 2021, 12:03:41 AM »
Of course it was.
Well, we were neutral in the War, mainly because UK wanted to keep buying our products without our ships risking to be sink. I mean, as we were neutral, we could sell to both sides, and UK preferred to keep buying our things instead of having our help (we did not have many weapons or soldiers to offer) and making our ships legit targets.
Besides, as Europe and USA were busy they did not sell us manufactured products. That was a significant change for us, as some of our industries were stopped because of the lack of supplies, but on the other hand, some people began producing things that were not produced here before.
But beside of that, we had a lot of inner problems, The worst was 1919, with terrible strikes that resulted in MORE THAN A THOUSAND deaths.
One of the best things, though, was the University Reform, in 1918.
Wow, that's pretty interesting. I have never thought about how the focused industry in the US during the War might have affected other countries not even involved in it.

What did the University Reform do?

I am watching baseball right now myself.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:05:40 AM by ۞†Grey Warden†۞ »
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 16, 2021, 12:08:50 AM »
Yes, to be honest at the time we were not too affected for what happened in USA as we were not trading a lot with you. But most of our commerce was with UK, so that affected us.
The 20's were very interesting from an artistic point of view though, specially literature and theater.
Also, those were the years were we funded the bases of our petrol. Our petrol company was the first in the world to be from the government instead of private.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 18, 2021, 12:10:59 AM »
Yes, to be honest at the time we were not too affected for what happened in USA as we were not trading a lot with you. But most of our commerce was with UK, so that affected us.
The 20's were very interesting from an artistic point of view though, specially literature and theater.
Also, those were the years were we funded the bases of our petrol. Our petrol company was the first in the world to be from the government instead of private.
Sometimes I forget that non fiction exists. I need to add more non fiction to my reading lists.
Sir  Reginald.