Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240414 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1095 on: June 09, 2021, 07:29:34 PM »
Awww, puppy. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly but I am hoping you find someone to help you. Depression is sadly very common these days, specially with pandemics, isolating and all the economic losses pandemics brought. About head shrinks, do you know that my country is said to have the highest shrink/population rate on the world? It was even a joke when I was a child. Many people I know are on therapy, at some point it was "cool". I don't know if the ciphers are still sound but even if we were not still in the first place, we still have a lot of psychologists.

I always remember a personal story. Many years ago (not so long after my dad died) I was having some strange feelings in my legs. I began seeing doctors and one of them sent me to a psychiatrist to see if it was all in my head. The man asked me a few questions, learnt about my dad (my mom had died years before and I have no siblings) and he made me a few tests where I was alone with an computer, answering questions. Well, when the results came, the doctor told me "Well, surprisingly, you are not depressed." I actually laughed at that. But seriously, he told me that I was sad but not depressed. (in short, it turned out that my leg feelings were due to an herniated disc which was apparently affecting a nerve or something. It got much better). But most people consulting him were actually depressed (or an early stages on it) so he was surprised I was not.

Now, on lighter things I knew you had internet now and that made me real happy. And now you have a computer too. Have fun on Steam!  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 09, 2021, 07:42:38 PM »
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't offer any advice on that other than if you ever want to talk my messages are open. I'm sure your job search will be fruitful!

Dina, that is a pretty sad but also kind of funny story. Sorry about your dad, but at least they didnt just prescribe you a medicine when it was really a medical issue.

Another note, Loki was fantastic
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 09, 2021, 07:53:34 PM »
Yes, i was very glad about the fact that they were not medicine-happy.

Another note, Loki was fantastic
I have it in my Disney+, but I had no time to watch it yet. I will probably do it tonight. I love Loki even when I was not happy with what happened with him in the movies. So hopefully the show makes me happier.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 09, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »
Yes, i was very glad about the fact that they were not medicine-happy.
I have it in my Disney+, but I had no time to watch it yet. I will probably do it tonight. I love Loki even when I was not happy with what happened with him in the movies. So hopefully the show makes me happier.
I think they are really trying to tell a good character story with this show. Which is great. I loved Wandavision for that exact reason.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 09, 2021, 08:05:56 PM »
Sounds good.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 09, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »
I unfortunately got the news back that the test results from last week were all normal except that I have a fused spine from birth that won't hurt me in any way
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 09, 2021, 09:13:17 PM »
I am confused. Why is that unfortunate then?  ???
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 09, 2021, 09:16:56 PM »
I am confused. Why is that unfortunate then?  ???
I figured they would find some superpower. But alas. I am only human.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 09, 2021, 09:38:47 PM »
Nah, you just fooled them. They didn't test you for awesomeness, or super heart or anything like that.

I am so glad to hear about your results  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2021, 09:47:35 PM »
Nah, you just fooled them. They didn't test you for awesomeness, or super heart or anything like that.

I am so glad to hear about your results  :D
(((DINA))) Thank you.

That is quite possible as the tests weren't all inclusive. First time at the Doctor in years.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 09, 2021, 10:38:37 PM »
Well, I am pretty sure you were controlled by the doctors in the Navy so perhaps it's fine to have taken a time away for them.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 09, 2021, 10:50:02 PM »
Aww yes. the navy doctors who put silver nitrate on my face for a cut. Making it hurt ten times worse. Band aids existed even in those days.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:21 AM »
Sorry about that but it only enhances my idea that it was ok to have a time off the doctors.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 10, 2021, 12:23:30 AM »
Sorry about that but it only enhances my idea that it was ok to have a time off the doctors.
I'm just being a complainer. Other than the concussions I probably got from being tall on a submarine, I got out physically mostly unscathed.

What are you up to tonight Dina?
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 10, 2021, 01:32:37 AM »
Not much, really, being a week night and all that. I did some preparations for my class tomorrow and now we are waiting for delivery (for dinner). I am going to have provoleta, which is a grilled cheese and delicious. Later, I am planning to watch Loki.

Missing you, Md