Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240682 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1080 on: June 06, 2021, 06:59:48 AM »
((((((Otlan)))))) I hope you are doing well.

GW, those look wonderful! What is Chapa'ai? And I have to admit I love Samwise, looks so elegant.

Arjan, I LOLed. And I definitely can relate. Most of my shelves have actually two rows of books (the shorter ones in the front so you can see the taller books behind them).

*Huggles tight back* Hey Dina n_n <3 !! Ehhh, yes and no -_- . I'll tell you more when I'm more Coherent.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 06, 2021, 07:25:49 AM »
Uh...ok. I'll wait, Ot.

Meanwhile, has any of you watched "The bad batch"? The new Star Wars animated show? I am enjoying it so far.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 06, 2021, 10:14:57 AM »
Congrats on the puppies!

So I think I am gonna name the 3 I currently have as follows (I will probably need a fourth soon though):
Samwise

Great A'tuin

Chappa'ai

Very impressive. On top of Samwise left and right, those aren't real books, are they? Only those in the middle. At first look, I was almost fooled.

@Dina: no, I haven't seen the bad patch. I'm not sure I would want to watch it, because I'm not so fond of animated shows, at least not, when there was a predecessor with real actors. I tried for the old animated Star Trek once, but couldn't like it, it just made me roll my eyes. I could watch Lower Decks only because it was making fun of itself.

Some thoughts about Dune: It was OK, but I wouldn't recommend reading it. I only read it, because I wanted to read that book with the giant sand worms. I've been looking for it for years. I saw a picture of a worm and a human somewhere as a teenager, without knowing anything about it. No author, no title, just that it was in some book. So I kept my eyes open for years, when I finally found it in a bookstore in the city. It was a time, when fantasy and science fiction books were frowned upon and difficult to find if you didn't know what to look for specifically. It is easier now because of the internet, lol.
The books were OK, but I found them too political to really enjoy, though I was very pleased with the worms.
I have read them again as a grown up, because I thought maybe I wasn't mature enough to understand them properly before, but I had the same feeling again. Too much politics and not in a good way, but cool worms. ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 06, 2021, 10:21:37 AM »
Regen, I've got the same impression for some of the things my friend told me, that is one of the reasons why I never read it. Besides, hubby read a couple of the books and said they are not as interesting as people said.

About Samwise, yes, I believe those were bookends, but they look amazingly well.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 06, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »
And what a waste of space! I see wall not covered with books! (4 more upstairs and we still have to sort them out. No time)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:49:34 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 06, 2021, 11:10:29 AM »
Oops. I see I have to bring that in order some time, once my husband won't have to work there any more.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 06, 2021, 12:04:09 PM »
Oops. I see I have to bring that in order some time, once my husband won't have to work there any more.
Oh, I did not even show my study.  ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 07, 2021, 12:50:57 AM »
GW, those look wonderful! What is Chapa'ai? And I have to admit I love Samwise, looks so elegant.
Thank you! The Chapa'ai is the name the enemy and their minions in Stargate call the Stargate. I always liked it.

*Huggles tight back* Hey Dina n_n <3 !! Ehhh, yes and no -_- . I'll tell you more when I'm more Coherent.
Hey Otlan!!!

Meanwhile, has any of you watched "The bad batch"? The new Star Wars animated show? I am enjoying it so far.
I like it. As a huge Clone Wars fan, this gives me extra content I have been desperately wanting.

Very impressive. On top of Samwise left and right, those aren't real books, are they? Only those in the middle. At first look, I was almost fooled.
Yeah, I love it. They are cool little bookends with compartments. I haven't put anything in them yet, still thinking about it. My cousin who is one of my closest friends got it for me for Christmas! :)

And what a waste of space! I see wall not covered with books! (4 more upstairs and we still have to sort them out. No time)
Nice Book shelf. I am trying to leave room for expansion. :)

I'm way behind the curve on my book shelves wow. :)

Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 07, 2021, 08:27:17 AM »
Your cousin rules!  :D

I am glad you liked the bad batch. I was bored with clone wars and I had not watched many episodes but I loved Rebels even when it broke my heart. And after watching Rebels and the Mandalorian I knew that I had to watch The bad batch.

Speaking of Disney+,  I had a confession to make. I watched the entire Tangled series. It was pure and nice and I love how supporting is Eugene as a boyfriend. Yes, it is for children, but it is well done and I liked it. I think your child can enjoy it, Regen.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 07, 2021, 12:57:58 PM »
I'm not sure how far you got in the Clone Wars but it does get better as the show goes on. I loved rebels and Mandalorian as well.

I may give the Tangled show a watch.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 07, 2021, 08:37:13 PM »
I'm not sure how far you got in the Clone Wars but it does get better as the show goes on. I loved rebels and Mandalorian as well.

I may give the Tangled show a watch.
I am not sure either, I actually don't remember. I never liked it too much.
And about Tangled, I regret nothing.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 08, 2021, 12:45:33 AM »
I am not sure either, I actually don't remember. I never liked it too much.
And about Tangled, I regret nothing.
Fair enough. Ashoka became one of my favorite characters in star wars but its not for everyone.

So I just watched what was supposed to be a comedy special by Bo Burnham but was actually a depressing look at my generation with laughs. I can't describe how much it was a punch right to the gut.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 08, 2021, 07:08:36 AM »
Sorry, don't let him do that. Every generation has good people and good things and things that they are not proud of. Don't worry.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 09, 2021, 12:06:37 AM »
Sorry, don't let him do that. Every generation has good people and good things and things that they are not proud of. Don't worry.
You know, it wasn't so much him saying our generation was bad so much as showing the things our generation faces and how anxious  we are about everything. I thought he was much older than me but he is less than 2 years my senior.

But thank you (((((DINA)))))

Also I got a book I have been waiting for today. Its called Rabbits and its based on a podcast I love that sadly only had one season.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 12:08:51 AM by ۞†Grey Warden†۞ »
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 09, 2021, 02:25:00 AM »
Hey ya GW, long time no see n_n .

So for anyone who's been wondering where I've been, with COVID and Winter set in I coudn't get on my Tablet much. For Christmas, my family decided they were gonna take my dad on vacation to Tennessee. With the exception my myself and my oldest brother of course. I got the privilege of staying home, watching mine and my father's house and his Chickens, My brother's House and his cats and having to do my job too -_- . That was a couple of months ago.

Shortly before they left, I finally broke down and got Spectrum TV, Internet and Phone installed in our house, and just last month I got a computer that my best friends brother made for me for about $400 n_n . I've spent the last month getting it set up and what not and I'm on Steam now too n_n .

Now comes the really bad news. Couple of weeks ago, I was helping out a Coustomer at work, a very sweet and nice older lady who appreciated my help. That is, until it came time to check out. We had trouble with the machine. It wouldn't take her coins. I was trying hard to get it to work, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't work and she just got madder and madder at me until my manager came over and helped, but she still wanted a refund for some of her food because she had to make another stop and was worried they would melt.

This of course left me feeling rotten the rest of the day. So much so that I got stuck in my own head, which dragged up all my past failures and made me feel like a rotten, miserable failure, to the point I almost broke down crying and wanting to brake stuff -_- ...Somehow though, I managed to pull myself back together, but of course my Supervisor was standing right beside me and asked if I was alright. Of course I lied through my teeth and told her I was because I still had a job to do. The rest of the day I just felt like miserable shit, but of course I had to keep working with a smile on my face -_- .

I told a frined of mine about this later and he said I was haveing an Emotinal Brake Down, and I most likely suffer from depression -_- . So on top of having to find a new job, I now also need to find a head shrink -_- . Joy, joy, joy -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!