Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 244585 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1050 on: June 04, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »
I love the name Sputnik too.

I saw that car Regen, I like the name of the color  :D- But the color itself...wtf? I had a laugh.

That's what I thought, when I first saw it. It's a wtf colour. LOL

My new car is dark blue by the way. The car I had the bad accident with was silver, the next one was light blue metallic, the one some drunken person decided to climb onto the roof to dance, when I had it for 6 months. That's the one that broke down this year, the year I decided to look for another car anyway. I think it knew that and decided to commit suicide. ;)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 04, 2021, 08:06:58 PM »
Poor car.
Well, dark blue sounds very good and classy. Definitely not a wtf color.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 04, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »
Poor car.
Well, dark blue sounds very good and classy. Definitely not a wtf color.
Goes well with my hair. ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 04, 2021, 08:20:17 PM »
That is a very cool thing to say  :)
Also, do you have blue eyes too? I know a lot of Germans do (I once had a discussion here with another German forumite, when I mentioned the stereotypical German. He was not very amused, but I was talking about two tourists with their backpacks and all that looked very German-like for me. I am not trying to be offensive.)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 04, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
That is a very cool thing to say  :)
Also, do you have blue eyes too? I know a lot of Germans do (I once had a discussion here with another German forumite, when I mentioned the stereotypical German. He was not very amused, but I was talking about two tourists with their backpacks and all that looked very German-like for me. I am not trying to be offensive.)
Actually yes, I do have blue eyes. My whole family, except my mother and one of my cousins, their eyes are green.
The hair is not completely blue, there is pink and violet too, at the moment. And also some of my natural hair colour, which is something in between brunette and dark blonde. We call that Straßenköterblond ;) = street mutt blond
LOL. What did the tourists look like?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 04, 2021, 08:51:20 PM »
Blue hair? Nice. I have often thought of dyeing my hair but it really wouldn't work with my job.

I also have green eyes.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 04, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »
Blue hair? Nice. I have often thought of dyeing my hair but it really wouldn't work with my job.

I also have green eyes.
Green eyes. Cool. What's your job, if I may ask?
I work in a hospital laboratory. I could have neon orange hair and no one would care.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 04, 2021, 09:34:03 PM »
The tourist were a man and a woman. The man looked like a sort of Boris Becker. The woman was in good shape, had dark blonde hair in two braids, clear eyes (I don't remember the specific color) and they were quite red like if they had just been under the sun. Only they were fresh arrived at the airport.
They took the bus I was in. And they have short pants, shirts, big backpacks, hats. They looked like Reese Witherspoon in the poster of that movie, you know what I am talking abour. Only they were freshly arriven and probably going for a hostel or something in the city.
That is the typical German tourist look for us  :D

I have dark eyes and hair. Well, hair is grey now but I dye it, so it looks like when I was young. Also, brown skin. It's the most common phenotype in my country but I don't want you to think it's the only one. We had a lot of immigration, so many Argentinians are fair skinned, with clear eyes and all that. Hubby skin is very white but he has dark hair and eyes.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 04, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »
Boris Becker  ;D ;D ;D
His looks are definitely not typical.

My skin doesn't get brown in summer, it gets red and peels and instead I get freckles and liver spots.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 04, 2021, 10:02:03 PM »
Green eyes. Cool. What's your job, if I may ask?
I work in a hospital laboratory. I could have neon orange hair and no one would care.
I'm a customer service engineer. My company has a rule against people who interact with customers having dyed hair. Even if all I really do is fix machines.

Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 04, 2021, 11:23:26 PM »
GW, that is so stupid.

Regen, well he was not so fit, but you understand. Very blond, reddish skin.
I do tan well but I rarely do as I am not a fan of just sunbathing. Definitely not since pandemics, I suppose I am less tan than ever. I am still brown  :) Mum was very white and dad was darker than me, I am in the middle but more on my dad side.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 05, 2021, 07:39:40 AM »
I'm a customer service engineer. My company has a rule against people who interact with customers having dyed hair. Even if all I really do is fix machines.
So you can not even patch some early grey spots? Is that even legal?

Personally I have never dyed my hair because I have no grey spots and the color of my hair is just part of what I am, I would feel strange with blond hair. 

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 05, 2021, 07:48:10 AM »
Well, I don't feel like me with grey hair, so it's brown as ever. I rarely had other colors. Once, very black (because the dye was the wrong color). Once lighter (experimenting). I did have a few touches of red or purple (not at the same time). And a couple of times I used color chalks for hair, only for fun.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 05, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
Well, I don't feel like me with grey hair, so it's brown as ever. I rarely had other colors. Once, very black (because the dye was the wrong color). Once lighter (experimenting). I did have a few touches of red or purple (not at the same time). And a couple of times I used color chalks for hair, only for fun.
That is logical. My wife has a few grey strikes and the hairdresser takes care of that but she takes care to keep her original color more or less. But those grey patches to not fit into her self image I suppose.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:02:21 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 05, 2021, 08:09:06 AM »
By the way, I always dyed my hair in the hairdresser before the pandemics, now I do it myself.
Missing you, Md