Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240325 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1020 on: May 31, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »
Oooh, I liked it!

One of the icecream stores here has a flavour called vasuveda, which is lemon with basil. It is very refreshing (but sometimes I prefer just lemon. It depends of my mood).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 01, 2021, 06:39:02 PM »
Sounds good.

I have sad news. The old lady I told you about, the one who had covid and was in a coma, but was back home again ... She died yesterday. Her heart simply stopped. She came into the hospital again because of extreme oedema in her legs and she died the same day.
I cried a bit yesterday, but honestly I don't feel that bad for her. I will miss her, but she didn't suffer, she didn't die alone after weeks in the hospital, she got to spend her last months at home and now she is with her son. If we are allowed in, we will go to the graveyard for the funeral. I've known her almost all my life. My father told me she has been a waitress in a bar he went to during his apprenticeship. That's how they knew each other before they became neighbours.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 01, 2021, 08:28:24 PM »
((((((Regen))))) I am so sorry for your loss.
I suppose it was kind of a shock because as she has been back home one imagined she was doing better, but you are right, in a way she has the chance to say goodbye.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 01, 2021, 08:59:39 PM »
Thank you. We didn't think she would survive the virus. She was already in bad health before. So it was more a surprise to see her again. :)
I'm grateful that we were able to say goodbye, and I think she was OK with leaving when she did.

Enough sad news. Another topic:
We will go swimming tomorrow. I hope there won't be too many people, but otherwise I'm looking forward to fun in the water again.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 01, 2021, 09:19:48 PM »
Ooh, swimming, that is great! Are you talking about a river or a public pool?
(I'll be back later)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 01, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »
A public pool. The river would be too cold for now. Outside the air is about 20 to 25°C. The icy river water I enjoy, once it is really hot outside in July or August.
Though there are several small lakes in the vicinity, too. But I'm teaching my little one how to swim, so I prefer a pool for now, because there is the edge to hold on to and I can see her better, should she go down. Especially since I won't be wearing my glasses in the water, because I want to do water fights with my elder daughter, lol.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 03, 2021, 12:01:42 AM »
Hey all, I hope you are all doing well.

Wish me luck at the doctors tomorrow, hope they can figure out whats wrong with me besides the obvious.

Regen, Sorry to hear about your loss.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:32:28 AM by ۞†Grey Warden†۞ »
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 03, 2021, 03:31:06 PM »
Good luck, GW!!  ((((((((((((((((GW))))))))))))))

I received the first dose of the vaccine  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 03, 2021, 04:05:18 PM »
Good luck, GW!!  ((((((((((((((((GW))))))))))))))

I received the first dose of the vaccine  :D
Congrats!! Which one did you get? I got the PFizer.

Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 03, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »
Congrats!! Which one did you get? I got the PFizer.
Pfizer. Me and my son both. Now waiting for the second dose.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 03, 2021, 05:13:43 PM »
Pfizer. Me and my son both. Now waiting for the second dose.
Nice, I felt a little bit tired after but didnt really have any symptoms after my second shot. My Grandma and sister got Moderna.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 03, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »
Me too. I only felt tired after the second shot. And I remember sitting for hours on the couch and staring at the wall thinking nothing. I was totally happy with the wall and only noticed as a sidenote that my arm hurt from the shoulder to the fingertips.
At work there were some colleagues who were really sick for 3 days. But we planned it so that not all of us would be down at the same time, in case someone had symptoms.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:43 PM »
Sputnik. A friend of mine told me that she got a high fever with the Sputnik, but so far hubby and I are fine (we got our shots yesterday). So far all is well, no marks in the arm and feeling well.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 03, 2021, 11:21:17 PM »
Sputnik. A friend of mine told me that she got a high fever with the Sputnik, but so far hubby and I are fine (we got our shots yesterday). So far all is well, no marks in the arm and feeling well.
Good to hear. I haven't heard of that one.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 03, 2021, 11:28:49 PM »
It's a Russian one. In my country we have several kinds. Astra-Zeneca, Sputnik, a Chinese one I don't remember the name, I don't think the Pfizer one is used. There has been some politics problems.
The government vaccinates according with what they have in any given moment.
Missing you, Md