Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 246003 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #975 on: May 23, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »
LOL! No, I don't think they care. I insist, I generally wear normal clothes. That exam was special.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 24, 2021, 02:07:12 AM »
....................Wait, you guys have been wareing cloths this whole time ??? ?
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 24, 2021, 06:50:17 AM »
LOL! Well, yes. I also had to go to the grocery stores and things like that, you know? And yes, I am dressed for my classes.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 24, 2021, 06:59:43 AM »
LOL! Well, yes. I also had to go to the grocery stores and things like that, you know? And yes, I am dressed for my classes.
And with this piece of news, the hearts of hundreds of students were broken.. .  ;D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 24, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »
Poor things. Their view of the world as it should be completely destroyed.
Dressed people online, who would have thought that was reality...?  ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 24, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
I know  :)
I admit to have some curiosity about them. Are they wearing any pants? (probably yes, as it is May and all that, but I don't know if that was true at the beginning of our semester, particularly for some of the warmest provinces)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 26, 2021, 05:29:01 PM »
Cool stuff. We were there to watch the crane being erected. There is a construction site in the plot next to our direct neighbours. I've never seen a crane being erected with my own eyes.
OK, the crane is cool. But we are not so fond of the construction site, because they want to build a big house there with many people living in it. At least they will have their own parking lot, but there will definitely be more cars driving around.
The owner of the property was an old lady who died last year. Her sons wanted to sell the whole property but wanted a huge amount of money, no average person could afford. So they splitted the property and just sold the house seperately, removed all the trees in the huge garden (sad, because there were beautiful trees in it.), and sold the garden to the municipality. They have been looking for large plots to build big houses for years. So now there will be one in our street, too.

And just saying... All the workers wore clothes. Because it was cold and raining, I'm sure.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 26, 2021, 09:28:30 PM »
Sounds fun! I never seen a crane being erected either.
Sad about the trees.
It's the destiny of places. Near home, there is a tower building (quite old already). My dad used to tell me that before that building was constructed, there was only a house there, with a nice garden and an old lady as the owner. That lady knew my dad since he was a child. And now, where she lived alone, there are a lot of people living.
This is a problem for electricity supply, sewer, water, etc.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 27, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »
They already dug up the street a few weeks ago for the sewers and water update. LOL. We were allowed to look into the deep hole before they secured it.
We will see if it is too much for the sewers. Yay. We had our basement under water several times. Mostly in late winter and beginning of spring, when the ice and snow in the mountains is melting and it is raining a lot. The ground can't hold any more water, so it starts coming up. Most houses have a device installed that closes the basement, once the ground water gets too high. Since the last time we have one, too. But thank God it was ground water, not sewer water. I could safe most of the stuff. The last time I had all the bedsheets and big stuff down there. I think that was our luck, so the water stayed at the deepest point. And the fire brigade helped us pump the water into the sewers.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 28, 2021, 12:39:52 AM »
Don't worry, I am sure things will go well. I know those devices exist here but they are not very common. My university is in land that has been "won over" the river, so sometimes the lower basements got water. Mostly ground water but along the years there had been a few accidents involving the sewer (that only affected a small portion of the basement, but the smell took over a lot more of it).
Luckily, most houses don't have any problems of that sort.

Today is a sad day. The father of a friend died from COVID (he has been in the hospital for a few weeks). And I read a mail about a former colleague of mine, who has passed away too. He was retired, so I haven't seen him in a few years, but still it is very sad to hear that. He was a good colleague, I respected him and liked him. He has been a TA when I was a student.  :'(
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 28, 2021, 06:31:43 AM »
I'm so sorry Dina. May these be the last of your sorrows.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 28, 2021, 10:18:52 AM »
Thank you.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 28, 2021, 12:17:39 PM »
Today is a sad day. The father of a friend died from COVID (he has been in the hospital for a few weeks). And I read a mail about a former colleague of mine, who has passed away too. He was retired, so I haven't seen him in a few years, but still it is very sad to hear that. He was a good colleague, I respected him and liked him. He has been a TA when I was a student.  :'(
How sad. I'm feeling with you. Sorry for your loss.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 28, 2021, 09:03:04 PM »
Thank you.

Speaking of lighter things,  hubby bought me an snuggy (is a wearable blanket with sleeves). It's not cold enough yet, but it will be useful quite soon  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 28, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
My mother used to have one of those. I stole it from her all the time.
My cat is fully recovered now. And today the puppy's mother chewed the splint off, and the puppy's leg looked quite fine. I tied it on again, but it looks like I'll remove it in a few days.