Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240495 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #960 on: May 19, 2021, 10:07:20 AM »
Mm, it smells like werewolf *Really hopes the puppy is all right*

Good maen everyone, is very early here, I will be back later.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 19, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »
Hey Otlan. :) Yes Dina, the puppy is fine, and she drank some milk yesterday. And she's not hurting as much now.
My cat's mastitis is still quite severe though. Looks like I'll have to give her some antibiotics.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 19, 2021, 09:06:17 PM »
Well, I am glad about the puppy and sorry about the cat.

Today we will have a fun match. I told you about the COVID cases in my team. Well, today my team needs to play a match for the Libertadores Cup (something like the Latin America UEFA). Well, as once the lists are closed it is not possible to add new players, and only players on the list can play...we will be playing with only 11 players (I mean, no replacements available) and the goalkeeper is actually a field player. It's crazy.

How are you doing?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 19, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »
I'm doing great thanks. You? I think your team will do much better than expected. People have a way of out preforming their standards when their backs are to the wall.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 19, 2021, 10:39:12 PM »
I am fine, thank you. I've got an early start today so I took a 2 hour-nap in the afternoon. I've felt feeling a little dizzy but after a tea I felt much better. I bought 2 teas yesterday (I knew them, I had already tried that brand but I had not seen them in a while. One of them even before the pandemics). One of the brands is a Orange, cinammon and anise. The other one is lemon, lime, ginger and mint. Both are delicious. I am glad I have a new provision, now that Winter is coming.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 20, 2021, 03:27:28 AM »
I'm doing great thanks. You? I think your team will do much better than expected. People have a way of out preforming their standards when their backs are to the wall.

Can you imagine? You were right!! We won!! (2-1). I am so proud  :D :D :D :D :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 20, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
Hah! I wish I bet some money on that. LOL. Congrats.
I should take a siesta today. I played some Call of Duty with my brother and his wife and stayed up quite late. I didn't manage to get more than a snooze yesterday afternoon;hopefully today I'll manage a couple of hours.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 20, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »
Well, did you manage that siesta?
I am still so happy about my team  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 20, 2021, 06:08:02 PM »
Yes I did! 2 hours and 10 minutes. Damn but I feel great. Also my cat responded well to the antibiotics, the swelling is down to a less than half. :)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 20, 2021, 06:58:22 PM »
Oh, I am glad to hear that.
I came here to say hello while I took a coffee break. I am "in class" but they are doing the exam.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 21, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »
Hah, the benefits of online learning. Let me guess. Pijama bottoms? :D

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 21, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Hey guys! Just dropping in to say hello! I had a busy time. Work related. But it's OK now.

Great match, Dina. Congratulations!

Poor puppy, poor cat, Fcrate. Hope they get better soon.

LOL
I often go to work the nightshift in my pajamas. But unly those who look like loose jogging clothes, well OK, that's because some ARE jogging clothes. Only on weekends, when the risk is not so high that I am seen by too many people. That way I can just fall into bed, when I arrive at home.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 22, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
*Walks in and flops face down on a couch, putting up a Sign* 'Brain out to lunch back whenever I feel like it.'
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 22, 2021, 09:36:34 PM »
Actually yes  :)
Normally I give my classes wearing normal clothes (jeans, most of the time) but on exams we only have the camera for a short while at the beginning and at the end, so the chances of me having to get up were very low. Anyways, those particular bottoms look like socially acceptable leggings.

We have a long long weekend, because May 25 is a National Holiday (the day we had our first independent government, in 1810) and May 24 was declared not-working day so to have a long weekend and help people to stay at home.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 23, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »
It's different for Dina, Regen. She teaches in Uni. For me, at the farm sometimes I work in just my underwear at night; the animals don't care. Lol