Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240392 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #915 on: April 28, 2021, 08:46:09 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I had to look:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaILTs-_1z4

There it is. The first time I watched it in English. LOL He really screams Moon Child. But maybe, if you don't know the name in advance it is difficult to understand.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 28, 2021, 08:59:18 PM »
Well, thanks!  I think I watched the movie in Spanish (Hija de la Luna is the name and it is difficult to put it there, so perhaps they did not do it. Or if I saw it in English there were no subtitles in that part for some reason). Anyways, I did not realize about the name at the time, and when I read it, I thought it was a silly name too. But if Bastien likes it, it's fine with me.
For a while, I only told the name I chose to my best friend. I told her if she ever suspected I had been replaced by someone else with my face (as it happens) she should ask me that question. And no, I will not tell the name here. It was a safety question, that the ones the banks use now or what Bill Murray asked Andie McDowell in Groundhog day  :D

And the Stranger Things was the entire song of Neverending story  :D :D. I know I said it was a reference, but it was a very important one
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 28, 2021, 09:06:04 PM »
Oh yes, now I remember. They sang the whole song. It was so cute. Of course I've seen that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 28, 2021, 09:50:55 PM »
Yes, if you saw the episode, of course you saw it. It was super cute  :). And Dusty things so well...
Hubby hates the scene, thinks is too cheesy and stupid, but I loved it.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 02, 2021, 02:33:44 AM »
You may be right about Elantris, DC, but there are some good reasons for reading it in that order. Most of them are tldr, but one is that if you read it later, it's as horrible as eating an apple after a chocolate cake :D
That's fair. I picked up Elantris from the local library after reading the Stormlight Archives, Warbreaker, and Mistborn era 1. I was...less than impressed, let's say, but you have a good point about maybe needing to read it first. :P
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 02, 2021, 06:45:02 AM »
Just wanted to say "Hello DC" (and everyone in the SHOV)

edited: Here is the last update about our dear Snowleopard. She is a new place. I wrote to some people (whose address I have) but in case you have not seen it, here is the link.
https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,53961.75.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:21:41 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 04, 2021, 12:22:32 AM »
Im writing to her tonight. Thank you for the link to the new address.

How is everyone?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 04, 2021, 02:49:03 PM »
May the 4th be with you!
I am well, thank you, but I am worried because several persons I know are with Covid (with a different degree of seriousness). Also, I have my classes in a while, so I am doing last minute preparations, but I wanted to say hello. And thanks for writing Snowy! Please send her my regards if you can.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 04, 2021, 07:58:46 PM »
Hah Dina! You beat me to this one :D May the 4th be with you too.
It's extremely hot here these days. 40-44 °C. My pool is getting a workout.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 04, 2021, 08:20:33 PM »
OMG, that is terrible!
We are having around 15°C. Yesterday it rained a lot but today is mostly sunny.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 04, 2021, 11:48:57 PM »
Sorry about the double post. I wanted to comment that I tried the Tajin dressing tonight. It's a Mexican mix of peppers, salt and lemon. Sometimes it is written Tahin which is confusing, because Tahini or Tahine is an Arabian sauce, not similar at all. Anyways, tajin is delicious. I even took a shot of tequila and had the border of the small shot laced with tajin. Really tasty.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 05, 2021, 12:24:53 AM »
May the 4th be with you!
I am well, thank you, but I am worried because several persons I know are with Covid (with a different degree of seriousness). Also, I have my classes in a while, so I am doing last minute preparations, but I wanted to say hello. And thanks for writing Snowy! Please send her my regards if you can.
Oh no I hope they get better soon.

I passed on your regards. Need to get out of work when the post office is still open to get stamps, hopefully tomorrow. if not then definitely thursday.

Sorry about the double post. I wanted to comment that I tried the Tajin dressing tonight. It's a Mexican mix of peppers, salt and lemon. Sometimes it is written Tahin which is confusing, because Tahini or Tahine is an Arabian sauce, not similar at all. Anyways, tajin is delicious. I even took a shot of tequila and had the border of the small shot laced with tajin. Really tasty.
Sounds very interesting, I think im going to track it down to try it.

Hah Dina! You beat me to this one :D May the 4th be with you too.
Try to stay cool my friend.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 05, 2021, 04:14:47 AM »
I am well, thank you, but I am worried because several persons I know are with Covid (with a different degree of seriousness).
Oh, that's sad. I hope they'll be better soon.

I have news about the old woman my mother is taking care of: She is back home!!!! We didn't think we would ever see her again. She had covid and was in a coma.
She is not well and she needs more help now than before but she is at home. She even went to the supermarket. My mother was angry with her about that, because she is still so weak. Usually one of the neighbours including my mother goes shopping for her or with her, but she went alone. And she bought some chocolate for the kids.

May the 4th be with you!
Facepalm! LOL. It took me a while to get that!

:o OMG that's really hot. Enjoy your pool!
It is cold and wet here again. But my vegetables are growing well. I hope there will be sunny days next week.

Could be that my little one can go to school again next week. They do tests twice a week, which is good. And I hope the vaccine will soon be allowed for children, too.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 05, 2021, 07:29:19 AM »
Thanks for your good wishes for the ill people I know.

@GW, thanks a lot for passing my greetings (regardless when they are actually sent). And yes, the tajin is worthy a try.

@Regen, I am glad to hear about the old woman and how sweet from her to buy chocolate  :).
Also, how is Neverending Story going?
I hope your little one can go to school safely soon.
I am also glad about your vegetables  :) :) :)

And Fcrate and I did not invent the May the 4th be with you thing. It's the Star Wars day!!!  In USA at least it's a thing, and since I have several friends there (many of them from this forum) I adopted it. My real life Argentinian friends and I also exchanged the greeting, they are nerds like me, but even my Disney+ account reminded me of it, as they released "The bad Batch" (a new SW animated show) to celebrate it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 05, 2021, 06:32:40 PM »
Also, how is Neverending Story going?
She has finished the audio book. She liked it, though she was afraid of the Gmork. I can understand that. He was in a lot of my nightmares, too, when I was her age.
I've found the movie. I hope we will be able to watch it this weekend.

I didn't know about Star Wars Day. Now I do. Thanks. ;)