Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 244717 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #810 on: April 14, 2021, 04:33:12 AM »
Were there 5 babies or more?

Wow. 45L! Impressing. And a lot of water to carry.
Yes, she stopped at 5. And ofc I didn't carry the whole thing, my bucket is 18 liter, I filled it with 15 and took about 9 trips. Water is hard to carry.
A pocket flashlight under the blanket is a classic and worked well for me.
Too easy to get caught in the summer, and makes reading very difficult. One hand to hold the blanket and the book up, another with the flashlight, cuts down on the options for a speedy escape.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 14, 2021, 07:06:43 AM »
Yes, she stopped at 5. And ofc I didn't carry the whole thing, my bucket is 18 liter, I filled it with 15 and took about 9 trips. Water is hard to carry.Too easy to get caught in the summer, and makes reading very difficult. One hand to hold the blanket and the book up, another with the flashlight, cuts down on the options for a speedy escape.
Only for colder climates apparently.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 14, 2021, 07:20:20 AM »
I only used flashlights a few times. There was the escape problem mentioned by Fcrate, and it wasn't really good light, and my parents asked about all the missing batteries. And there was the danger of falling asleep and being caught in the morning with a flashlight in your bed.
And it was too hot and bad air under the blanket.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »
I only used flashlights a few times. There was the escape problem mentioned by Fcrate, and it wasn't really good light, and my parents asked about all the missing batteries. And there was the danger of falling asleep and being caught in the morning with a flashlight in your bed.
And it was too hot and bad air under the blanket.
There was a window on the top of my bedroom door above eye level, you could not really look through is but you did see if there was light shining in the room so they only looked if there was light shining through when going upstairs, they slept in the attic. Hiding the light was the most important thing.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 14, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »
So, it depends on the living conditions. My light could only be seen through the door. To see my window one would have to go outside, around the house into the meadow to the back. Not much sense to do that in the dark. And I would have heard the frontdoor. It is a very small house. The front door is directly opposite the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. When my father worked the late shift, I would know when he was getting home. That wasn't so late, still in the timeframe being awake reading was allowed.
Also I could close the window shutters so almost no light was seen outside.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 14, 2021, 08:05:58 PM »
I used to read while eating but now my opinion is why should I combine two of my greatest pleasures? One at a time is enough. :)
Edit: @Regen: I didn't notice that you modified your post. Now mine sounds quite Random. Lol

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 14, 2021, 08:17:50 PM »
I read a few times while walking. It works under the right circumstances.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 14, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »
If I am alone while eating, I often read. If not, I watch tv. It is very unusual that I just eat.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 15, 2021, 12:13:02 AM »
These days mostly a movie with dinner, certain people though, are impossible to watch a movie with.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 15, 2021, 12:35:12 AM »
True.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 15, 2021, 02:02:45 AM »
These days mostly a movie with dinner, certain people though, are impossible to watch a movie with.
Yes, me  :)
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 15, 2021, 04:41:50 AM »
The other day I was reminded of this quote. "Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

SpongeBob was a wild show when I was a kid. It leaves me with so many questions.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 15, 2021, 05:44:46 AM »
(((((((((((DC)))))))))))  :D Good to see you here.
Yes, so people told me. I haven't seen it too much.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 15, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
I'm not fond of Spongebob. But I have watched some episodes. OK, they are funny, but it's a kind of funny, that my fun nerves are over satisfied after one episode a week.  ;)
My husband loves the show, so I still get to see it sometimes. I have to be careful not to laugh, or he will hop around in triumph and shout that I do like it, though I said I don't.  ;)

Most of the times I just leave the room to read in the kitchen or in the bedroom.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 16, 2021, 07:13:15 PM »
Ah, the eternal problem of significant others liking a show you don't, specially if it is a funny one. It happens me sometimes with "Family Guy", for instance  :P
Missing you, Md