Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240279 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2021, 01:06:39 AM »
My brain would have told me that i could pretend to do the work in class and i would get it done later. This would have led to a very stressful day of which i of course wouldnt have learned my lesson
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 08, 2021, 06:43:31 AM »
Yes, to be honest, I don't know how it would have worked for me, I am just optimistic that I could have done it well  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 13, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
@Dina: I'm quite sure I'd have been too lazy to follow through on anything. Lol
Okay, first day of Ramadan here, also my dog is giving birth right now. 5 puppies so far xD
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 13, 2021, 06:08:38 PM »
@Dina: I'm quite sure I'd have been too lazy to follow through on anything.
LOL
Me too, I'm afraid. I was the kind who hid fantasy books in school books to pretend I was learning. To imagine what I would have done, if no teacher watched me...  :o

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2021, 06:28:22 PM »
LOL
Me too, I'm afraid. I was the kind who hid fantasy books in school books to pretend I was learning. To imagine what I would have done, if no teacher watched me...  :o
Oh God.. . That's so... Me :D my mother used to look under my pillow, next to the bed, under the bed, in all text books and make sure i don't have any fantasy/fiction hidden while I was pretending to study. After that I'd open my school bag and take my pocket book out and have my fun xD

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2021, 07:34:00 PM »
My mother used to sneak up to my door at night (at least she tried to, but I heard her most of the times), when I was supposed to be asleep, to look through the keyhole if there was light and listen if there were turned pages. I used to read at night with my fingers on the light switch (I had a lamp directly beside my bed), so I could turn it off without noise as soon as I heard her moving. Her bed was creaking no matter how careful she tried to get up and the floor was creaking too.
My father was another matter. He didn't even try to be quiet. He was fast. I knew, my mother wouldn't come in, if she didn't see light or hear me, but my father would be there with a few fast steps and open the door at once. I was just lucky that he mostly didn't care, if I was asleep or not. In his opinion it was my own fault, if I was tired the next day. And he was right. LOL. I often suffered the consequences of my late reading.

I always have a book with me, when I go somewhere where there might be waiting involved. I read while cooking, I even read while playing some stupid games on my cell phone. I read while I'm having breakfast and if I was alone I would read during the other meals, too. I read in bed, in busses and trains, on the toilet (lol),...
At every opportunity.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 13, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »
Haha, my mother always knocked before entering. Father? No. And he had (still has) a scary way of opening doors, very loud and sudden. He always scolded us for closing the doors in the first place. Only my sister was allowed a closed door. Anyway, I didn't have a problem with the light, as my room had a window overlooking a balcony by some weird design, and we always kept the balcony lit during the night. Enough light to read by even through the curtains. As a result I still prefer very soft light in everything. My computer and phone screens brightness are always at the lowest setting.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 13, 2021, 08:56:56 PM »
Good maen everyone!

I never switched a book (a fun one for a dull one) but I always tried to read instead of sleep. As a child,I couldn't close the door either. My parents shouting me to turn off the light was a classic.

Do you remember that I told you that Tuesday 13th is considered bad luck here? I never cared too much for that, most Tuesday 13 had been good or neutral for me. Today, though, was not good. The class has been complicated, we had several problemas, and I had bad news about a paper. Still, it could have been much worse, so I am not complaining.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 13, 2021, 09:10:42 PM »
Oh no, Dina, I hope it gets better tomorrow.
I'm still at home until the end of the week. Today and yesterday I read an old children's book to my little one. I did not remember it to be written in such a funny way. Or maybe I didn't understand the humour as a child.

My parents also were not fond of my closed door. I did it only so that no one would see the light, but argued that I did it, because I couldn't sleep, when my father was snoring so noisily? LOL. And that was no lie either.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 13, 2021, 09:12:16 PM »
Sorry about your bad day Dina. Look on the bright side. It can only get better from here. :D I also had a rough day at work today. And some problem with water, which took a few hours to fix, and I had to carry water to my 3 cows by bucket from the water pump until I could get the main pipes fixed. Did you know that a cow can drink up to 45 liters in one go? Neither did I, but I found out today. Heh. I didn't realize it was the 13th till you said it. Maybe there's something to that after all. Lol

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 13, 2021, 09:19:15 PM »
 :)
I am not surprised, actually. Cows are really massive. But no, I did not know.
How is the new mommy? (the she-dog, I mean)

Thanks for your good wishes, people.

Regen, sometimes it is surprising to revisit books, specially if you read it when you were a child, or too young. I know it happened me a lot with Astérix, I was understanding more jokes as long as I grew old.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 13, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »
She is fine, it's her first time so she's a little stupid (Almost smothered a couple of them) but she'll learn. She didn't pick a good place either. A bit windy at night, so I moved built her a temporary wind break. Tomorrow when I have more time I'll move them to a better spot.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 13, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »
Poor thing, yes, take care of her
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 13, 2021, 10:27:32 PM »
Were there 5 babies or more?

Wow. 45L! Impressing. And a lot of water to carry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 14, 2021, 12:58:56 AM »
A pocket flashlight under the blanket is a classic and worked well for me.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]