Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240328 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #720 on: March 30, 2021, 05:34:40 AM »
Yay! (((((((((Otlan))))))))  :)
We missed you too!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 30, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
!!!!!! OTLAN !!!!!!
Long time no see... read.... whatever!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And congratulation for your internet thingie at home. Yay!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 30, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
Double post!!!!

I am outside without socks!!!!

Daring, I know. But I wanted you to know that it is warm enough to go barefoot without toes freezing off.
Bella is roasting herself on the tiles in front of the door. I'll have to be careful, when I touch her not to burn myself on her hot fur, LOL.
I have planted some lettuce, ruccola, carrots and red and white radishes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:36:16 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 30, 2021, 05:37:18 PM »
Oh, very good! I am sure they will be very yummy

Well, Bella and Regen, enjoy your weather  :). It is quite warm and sunny here too, Fall is pretty in Buenos Aires, I believe.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 31, 2021, 04:10:11 AM »
*Huggles Dina and Regen tight* Glad to see you both n.n ~ <3 . And yes, I'm very happy to have Internet too n.n ~ <3 !

The weather here was nice n.n ~ <3 . But they're calling for Snow on April 1st -_- . Really hope it's just a prank -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 31, 2021, 06:54:38 AM »
 ;D A creative April's fool.

How are you doing, Otlan? I am getting ready for my classes. On the other hand, this Thursday and Friday are religious holidays.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 31, 2021, 01:35:57 PM »
Tomorrow, it's my little one's 7th birthday.  Her second one during pandemia.
We are going to order lunch at the Greek restaurant in the next village.
And I will bake Zwetschgendatschi. It's a plum cake with frozen plums from last year. And cheese cake.

Her birth was kind of funny. Ok, not really. She came 4 weeks early. My water broke and I woke my husband with the words: "This is no April's fool prank. The baby is coming." I thought he wouldn't believe me if I didn't say so. LOL

Tomorrow it's going to be warm, too. So we can sit outside. I have some balloons and party decoration.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 31, 2021, 06:17:03 PM »
LOL! I hope your little one has a great birthday and that she enjoys her Greek food and cake.

The Weasley twins were born on April 1st, IIRC  :)

I was a premature baby too. I was due on January 27 but on Christmas' Eve my mom's water broke. I arrived near 4 a-m. on Christmas Day, Dec. 25. You can imagine how it messed with the family plans for the Holiday and how it was a story to tell  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
Lol Regen. I hope you didn't cry wolf earlier in the day before your water actually broke.
hey Otlan! You have internet? What's that?
Ok so earlier today I was milking my cow in the brisk morning air, the sun was warm and everything quiet. There's a one footed pigeon who nested in the farm, and s/he always eats from the special treat mix that I feed my cows while milking. Anyway, today something spooked the pigeon, and while I had my head resting against the cow's stomach, face towards the sun, the pigeon flew overhead and dropped a bomb on us both.. Hit me right in the forehead.. Grrrrrr
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2021, 11:20:37 AM »
;D A creative April's fool.

How are you doing, Otlan? I am getting ready for my classes. On the other hand, this Thursday and Friday are religious holidays.

Unfortunately, it was no April Fool's prank -_- . It really did Snow here -_- ...less then an inch, but still enough to blanket everything -_- . Guess Mab decided to have one last laugh at us. At least, I hope it's the last -_- .

I'm doing as well as I can be Di-Di, thanks for asking n_n . Right now, my dad's in Tennessee on vacation for a couple of weeks with my Sister and her family, so I'm watching the house and the chickens for him until he get's back. Yhen tomorrow my 2nd oldest brother and his family are going down there with em and staying for a week, so then I'll also have to watch his home and take care of they're cats until they get back and that's on top of me having to go to work -_- . So things are gonna be kind of hectic here for awhile -_- .

That's awsome that you were born on Christmas Di-Di n.n ~ <3 !! Bet your family was happy with they're special Christmas Gift n_n <3 .

@Regen: Hope you guys have fun n.n !

@Crate: Internet is this thing that helps me stay connected with my frineds and family and allows me to do stuff online,  like Google who does the voice of Kermit the Frog n_n .

They say if a Bird Bombs you it's supposed to be Good Luck n_n ....Me I think it's just hilarious XD !
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »
Fcrate, LOL about the bomb! But Otlan is right, it is good luck!

Otlan, I will answer your PM soon. And yes, my character Dina is born on Christmas Day too and it has some interesting consequences for her that not many are aware (Ala is one of those, I think FW too)-
And well, at least the snow was not too bad.

Regen, enjoy with your little one!!  :)

Piece of trivia. In Argentina there is no April's fool tradition. Instead, the day for pranks was December 28. That day is where all the babies that died by order or Herodes while trying to kill the Christ. That awful act is considered the slaughter of the innocents. And for some reason that evolved in a day where people made fun of the innocence of the others. In fact, traditionally people pull a prank and then the victim was told "May your innocence serves you well!".  That said, it seems that this tradition is getting lost, in the last decade I barely heard of a few pranks.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
Hah, we say here that if you spilled coffee on your clothes that it's a sign that you'll get new ones for free. Some people extend that to bird bombs as a joke.
@Dina: I don't follow this about December 28, who is herodes and why did he order babies killed?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2021, 06:45:53 PM »
We don't say anything about new clothes, but we say that spilling wine means good luck too. There is a tradition about salt that I don't remember well. I think if you spill salt on the table is bad luck unless you take a pinch and throw it over your left shoulder. I don't know why or how it originated. Apparently it is also bad luck to pass the salt shaker to anyone sharing the table with you on their hand, so if someone ask you to pass them the salt, you need to place the shaker on the table where they can reach it, but not put in on their hands directly.

Herodes is apparently how we called it, but in English is Herod. According to the Bible, Herod was the king of Judee at the time of Jesus birth. The Magi (the Wise man of Orient) told him they were searching for a baby who was the Messiah. Herod knew prophecies about the Messiah and did not want him around, so he asked the Magi that when they found the baby they told him where he was (of course, not telling them he has nefarious intentions). But on a dream they Magi were told not to do that. So, when Herod realized a child was born with that manifest Fate, he ordered to have him killed, and when they couldn't identify him, Herod order to kill every male enfant born around that time (2 years!) and place. This is known as the massacre of the innocents. (By the way, Jesus family ran to Egypt and they were safe, of course)

I don't think there is any historical record of that event, but that is what the Bible says.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 01, 2021, 07:36:37 PM »
Ah! I'm familiar with the story in a general sense, but I didn't recognize the names or that he ordered a general massacre like that. I thought you were talking about a historical event in Argentina. *shudders*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:48 PM »
No no. Nothing of that sort  :)
I think you are a Muslim, so I don't know how familiar you are with the Bible. I was not surprised you asked. Herodes is probably closer to the original name, though.
Missing you, Md