Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240522 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #705 on: March 28, 2021, 12:17:22 AM »
Totally! Chocolate is amazing.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 28, 2021, 12:21:09 AM »
Yes but any excuse is good for buying chocolate ;D
Sure there is. ;) If course there will be chocolate eggs, too. They go into the easternest the kids have built outside. And the easter bunny will hide chocolate everywhere. It's nice to watch them searching. And fun hiding things... Or so I've heard from the bunny... ;)

As a child, I loved painting the eggs.
I always made one golden egg with silver lines and one silver egg with golden lines. Those were to give to my grandmothers and later to my parents. This time I forgot to look for golden colour. Maybe there will still be one golden egg when I find some.

Fun fact about the golden egg. In German egg means Ei, which is pronounced like English eye. So the golden egg for me has always been the "Golden Eye". I even sing the song while painting it. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 28, 2021, 12:44:36 AM »
LOL! (about golden eye. I have visions of you having fun while watching the movie)

I am happy to report that I have some chocolate tablets at home right now, so I will indulge in it even before Easter (traditionally, we don't eat the chocolate eggs until Easter Sunday, unless it is a social gathering where you are expected to do so)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 28, 2021, 12:51:00 AM »
Oh, what cruel social gatherings, where they expect you to eat chocolate. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 28, 2021, 06:41:20 AM »
I know, right?  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 28, 2021, 10:40:23 AM »
I'm impressed. Such a heroic deed to eat all the chocolate.  ;)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 28, 2021, 11:48:08 AM »
*selflessly sacrifices himself and eats most of the chocolate so Dina won't have to*
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 28, 2021, 01:23:03 PM »
Oh, Fcrate!
You will always be in our hearts for your sacrifice.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 28, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »
Oooh, chivalry! I am very grateful for your sacrifice.

I laughed at this today, speaking of Pesaj: Moses was the first downloading a file from the Cloud to his tablet  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 28, 2021, 08:45:52 PM »
Oh, Fcrate!
You will always be in our hearts for your sacrifice.
Oooh, chivalry! I am very grateful for your sacrifice.
This is what men do..
I laughed at this today, speaking of Pesaj: Moses was the first downloading a file from the Cloud to his tablet  :)
Lmao :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2021, 09:48:03 PM »

LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 29, 2021, 09:48:01 PM »
 :)

Today has been vaguely cold. Somehow I forgot that we are officially in Autumn now. Today has begun totally grey and ominous but around noon something shifted and now we have blue skies and sun. It's good.

Also, I am happy because we will be having gnocchi tonight, which I like a lot. I don't remember if I told you (I said this many times in this Forum but I don't remember if you people were around) but it is an Argentinian tradition to eat gnocchi every 29 of the month. We put some money under the dish and it is supposed to attract more money to the household. And besides, it is delicious  :). So it is a tradition I kept. (Yes, we can eat gnocchi other days, but we don't put money under the dish those days. And for some reason I don't eat them so much the non-29 days. It does not have the same feeling, I guess  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 29, 2021, 10:34:22 PM »
That's a nice tradition. Why is it on 29th, do you know? Why not on 15th or 1st? Or 28th? What is so special about 29?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 29, 2021, 10:55:35 PM »
Apparently the traditions comes from Italy  (Most Argentinians are from Italian or Spanish ancestry, and our food is strongly based on them). I am not completely sure about the 29, but I think it has to do with the fact that normally we received our salaries at the beginning of the month, so but the end of the month many people are struggling because money is running out. So gnocchi, which are cheap to do, are ideal for the worst days of the months. I am thinking that perhaps it is not the 30 because many people wouldn't even have a coin to put under the dish that day.

A very interesting derivation of this is that we use "gnocchi" (it is actually spelled "ñoqui" in Spanish, by the way) as a derogative term for people who has a job but don't do it, as they are lazy and probably have connections with influential people so they won't be fired even if they don't do their jobs. The term is used specially for people who got their jobs for knowing a politician or government related person. It's very insulting. By why do we call those people "gnocchi"? Because in some jobs (sometimes in the government bureaucracy) salaries are actually paid on the 29 of each month (unlike what I told you above). And those people are said that nor even go to their works...except the 29 for getting their paycheck!  ;D  (of course, that was long before salaries were just transferred to a bank account)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 30, 2021, 01:52:19 AM »
Yo n_n . I finally have Interweb at my House, so hope to see youbguys again soon, miss you all n_n ~ <3 !!
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!