Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 244807 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #690 on: March 21, 2021, 02:20:15 PM »
I tried the worm pill today and she ate it!!!!!! Cool. She didn't do that a few years ago. Now I can eat the Leberwurst myself. LOL.
No, she can eat some, too. As a reward. And because she looks cute with her big eyes. And because she is the cat. 

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 21, 2021, 06:47:22 PM »
Um, why not? I love liver usually, most ways it's cooked.
I thought you didn't eat pig  :o

I tried the worm pill today and she ate it!!!!!! Cool. She didn't do that a few years ago. Now I can eat the Leberwurst myself. LOL.
No, she can eat some, too. As a reward. And because she looks cute with her big eyes. And because she is the cat. 
Awesome! And yes, she deserves it!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 21, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »
Yes, we don't eat pig, that's true, but it says that only some varieties contain pig.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
Ah ok. In Argentina, leberwurst is generally made of pig, but I suppose there are other varieties, perhaps in kosher stores or something. I just never searched for it (as I said, I am not that fond of it).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2021, 06:57:36 AM »
Ah ok. In Argentina, leberwurst is generally made of pig, but I suppose there are other varieties, perhaps in kosher stores or something. I just never searched for it (as I said, I am not that fond of it).
Maybe because it's pig. I like calf best, but only the smooth one. On bread with lots of pepper and some onions. And sometimes on Breze.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 22, 2021, 07:09:46 AM »
I agree, I like cow meat more than pig one, as a general rule. The notable exception are the chorizos (it's a kind of sausage, but apparently Argentinian chorizos are not exactly the same than Spanish ones). I really like our chorizos. Argentinians love to have them in a sandwich, sort of a hot dog, that we call choripan. (chori from chorizo, pan means bread). It's almost mandatory in all our bbq and it is also a common food in the stadiums when there are football (soccer) matches.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 22, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
We can get Spanish chorizo here, you can cut it in cubes and use it for cooking or fried with eggs on a sandwich. Slices of leverworst is something many butchers in the Netherlands give to children of their customers.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 22, 2021, 05:57:48 PM »
Really? I never thought in leberwurst as particularly appealing for children.
And good about the chorizo, I am sure it is delicious.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 22, 2021, 07:24:04 PM »
Really? I never thought in leberwurst as particularly appealing for children.
And good about the chorizo, I am sure it is delicious.
Children like sausages. Mine does, all kinds of sausages.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 22, 2021, 10:04:35 PM »
"Normal" sausages are children favorites  :)- Leberwurst, I am not so sure. Perhaps I am mistaken.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 22, 2021, 10:33:35 PM »
"Normal" sausages are children favorites  :)- Leberwurst, I am not so sure. Perhaps I am mistaken.
Start young and children can learn to appreciate almost everything.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:06 AM »
I agree, I just don't think that particular case is happening here. Argentinian children love the sort of sausages you can buy in a package, but not leberwurst.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 27, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »
We spent the afternoon colouring eggs for easter. That's always fun.  8)
I had 20 eggs. The kids painted some with water colours and I made a colour bath with vinegar. On these we put bunny stickers and such stuff.
After that I went to the farmer for 20 more eggs. LOL. I know what we will eat for the next days.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 27, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »
That sounds so much fun! I wish we had that tradition but we never had it. We do buy chocolate eggs, though  :)
Actually, even when we are full grown-ups, hubby and I will buy a chocolate egg this week.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 27, 2021, 10:48:21 PM »
That sounds so much fun! I wish we had that tradition but we never had it. We do buy chocolate eggs, though  :)
Actually, even when we are full grown-ups, hubby and I will buy a chocolate egg this week.
Yes but any excuse is good for buying chocolate ;D
SH[Elaine+++]