Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240452 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #645 on: March 07, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 07, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »
Carrot jam was a staple breakfast food for me growing up, but it's more the sugar and the cloves that made it taste good, and even then it wasn't my favorite. Takes an obscene amount of sugar to make it palatable.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 07, 2021, 08:40:35 PM »
I just like carrots
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 07, 2021, 09:56:23 PM »
Me too, I just don't want to drink them :D I usually eat raw carrots as a snack. I eat them daily, and most days I grate some on my salad.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 07, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »
Yes, I admit carrot juice is not one of my favorites, I just find it quite tasty once in a while.
For some reason, I would like a watermelon juice right now. My mind is wired weird, I guess.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 08, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »
I think a trillion bytes of data should be called a Trilobyte ::) - who's with me?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Dance With The Universe, md.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 08, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »
I think a trillion bytes of data should be called a Trilobyte ::) - who's with me?
Absolutely.
And an animal with 4 feet should be called a quattropus.

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2021, 07:51:15 PM »
I'm for it :D
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 10, 2021, 05:58:19 AM »
I agree with both things!
Convrsation about trilobytes would become so weird  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 10, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »
When I told my colleague today, that it would not be convenient to have autoantibodies, because one would have to walk to work or take the bike all the time, she told me it was time I went home.
Antibodies against cars. LOL
I decided she was right and left work early.

The quattropus cat is sick and has to take antibiotics and some juice against the fever.

The same week my car broke down. The repairs would cost half as much as the car is worth would I try to sell it. Great. I intended to look for another car this year, because there were a lot of repairs in the last years and they were starting to become really expensive. This time it's the engine. So I decided to say good-bye to my car. Maybe it had antibodies, meaning it is against bodies. I have a body, so .... *shrugs*
The car dealer and mechanic takes it and wants to sell another one to me. I have yet to decide what to do. I already did some driving around with available cars from his garage. That was fun.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 10, 2021, 08:24:30 PM »
LOL! I believe your colleague was right, you needed to be home  :)
Is your cat ill?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 10, 2021, 09:11:39 PM »
@Regen: hah.. Autoantibodies... Or antiautobodies?
May your car RIP wherever faithful cars go when they die...

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 10, 2021, 09:38:32 PM »
Anti-Autobodies! LOL
Thanks, Fcrate. The car was kind of special to me. I know, one shouldn't attach oneself to a thing, but I do that. I talk to cars, I talk to analysers in the lab, I talk to everything.
This was the first car, I bought new. I did it, because I had a car accident and I thought, this car had brought me luck. I've seen pictures from the car just after the accident, pictures a bus driver made, who was one of the witnesses. It didn't look like anyone could have survived. And it actually was close. I almost got pierced by parts of the other car that got pushed into me.
The guy who caused the accident payed a lot of money to me and the others who got hurt because of him. And his insurance payed the rest, so I could afford to buy a new car. And I chose the same car that saved my life with three differences: I ordered it new, I chose it to be diesel and I chose another colour.
RIP my trusted companion. ;)

@Dina: yes, the cat has a fever, sore throat and she sneezes a lot. Otherwise she is just her usual grumpy self. :)

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 11, 2021, 03:14:45 AM »

Convrsation about trilobytes would become so weird  :D
  :D ;D That's why I want to do this ;D :D

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 11, 2021, 04:26:04 AM »
I hope cat gets better soon.

I don't drive, but I still cherished the memories of the old family car, I understand the feeling. I remember years ago another forumite was sad because she had finally got rid of her and it was going to be destroyed soon, and she was having a hard time imagining her car sad and lonely, waiting for its demise. So I know you are not the only one.

I actually have a hard time almost every time I threw a thing I liked. I threw them if I must, but only if I see no other option (I mean, if the thing is actually ruined) and I always try to thing that that is the nature of things. And always try to thing that as long as I have my memories of them they are not truly gone. Because those memories are what made the things "our" things.
Missing you, Md