Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240498 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #615 on: February 12, 2021, 03:16:50 AM »
I was just talking today about how amazing is to arrive home and being greeted by a happy pet
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 12, 2021, 09:43:00 PM »
Hah, I had errands to run today, and I went home to some angry dogs. My German shepherd was in heat, and the 3 male dogs were almost killing each other. Had to separate them, which was no easy task. The alpha male was going quite crazy. Had to sedate him. I have 2 weeks of pandemonium ahead of me.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 13, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »
Uuh, that is terrible.
I almost never had dogs of both genders at the same time. The only time I remember it happening, we gave the two girl dogs away quite fast.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 17, 2021, 06:03:45 PM »
Hello weird. It's finally over, been a short one, though 6 days without food made my dog look like a starving street dog. He never eats when a bitch is in heat.
In other news, it's finally cold and raining here, and has been for 2 days. It was a very mild winter here. I'm very happy with the rain, as I don't have to water my garden. Lol

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 17, 2021, 08:54:05 PM »
I hope your dog recovers well and I am glad it is over.
We had several rainy days too, but it is over now, at least until Saturday, or so they are forecasting. It's hot again, but on the good way (no more than 30°C).
Today is the first day of classes in primary schools on my city. It's the first time children have to physically go to their schools since March 2020. I am worried (even when I don't have children of my own).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 18, 2021, 08:38:18 AM »
30 c is good enough for me. In summer, where I live can get up to 44 c during a heatwave, although 38 or 40 c is quite normal.
I hope the kids will be fine Dina, as long as everybody takes precautions it'll be fine. Here they're having the first term exams late, and for elementary school students they have all their exams abbreviated, and in one day. Just a couple of questions per subject. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 18, 2021, 10:43:34 AM »
30 c Is panic here and we can not stand it for too long.  :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 18, 2021, 06:22:23 PM »
30 c Is panic here and we can not stand it for too long.  :)
I agree. We can only stand by surrounding us with big amounts of water or ingesting ice cream.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:35 PM »
On the other side, we freeze here at 10 or 12°C. Lol

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 18, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »
LOL
Last week we had -13°C. This week feels like the beginning of spring. It has 10-12°C, the snow and ice has thawed and there are some flowers like snowdrops everywhere.

Next week my first grader is allowed back to school. As her class is only 15 kids, it doesn't have to be parted.

At the moment we are watching Star Trek Lower Decks.  ;D Funny.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 18, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
Good maen everyone!

I admit I was a little disappointed by Lower Decks. It has a lot potential but I did not think it delivered a lot. I did not like the main characters that is the problem.

It was a hot day (32°C, I believe) today, and very bright. I had to go out for some chores and I was so glad when I finally arrived home  :)

Thanks for your wishes to our children Fcrate. I hope your children have no problems at school either, Regen.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2021, 04:20:34 PM »
I liked Lower Decks. Though it isn't something to watch and relax. But funny it was.

I'm done for today. There is nothing in my body that doesn't hurt. In the morning I met with a friend and we were out by the river walking for 2 ½ hours. After that I did some heavy things in the house and the afternoon I spent with cutting my roses (I didn't have time last year, so that was a lot of work) and other plants, and I cleaned the sidewalk from the winter gravel and removed a lot of hidden acorn seeds. Last year I didn't remove them, so now we have a lot of little acorns everywhere.
I would have liked to prepare the soil for planting vegetables, but the roses took so long and I am exhausted.
Now I desperately need a shower and something for the cuts by the roses .
These were Sleeping Beauty roses, I can tell you. Long strands interwoven. Pretty cool, if they were in the back yard. I would like to see, if they would become a deadly hedge, lol. But they are out front, where everybody sees and you have to be able to walk by without hurting yourself, so they need to be kept small.
They are different colours. Red, pink, white, yellow and some beautiful pink mixed with yellow, which smells very nice.
It was a pain to cut them. But now it's done and I am glad I finally did it.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep as long as possible.

My older daughter was very happy today, because she could finally meet with a class mate. They went eating ice cream and then to the playground.

And lol: my husband cut his hair today. Oh dear.
He always just buzzes it off very short in spring, but this time it looks like he's bald. Maybe because he left the beard long. And maybe because he has a new hair clipper it became a bit too short. I will have to help him correct some parts. There are still a lot of longer hair in between. Looks funny. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »
OMG, that sounds so exhausting. I am glad it was rewarding though and I am sure your garden looks awesome! I hope you enjoyed your shower and can sleep a lot tomorrow, you deserve a lazy Sunday after all the hard work.
The depiction of your roses was fantastic. Sorry about your scratches, though.

And I am happy for your daughter  :)

Hubby got rid of his beard after several months and he looks weird too but in a good way, I prefer him without beard.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2021, 10:56:39 PM »
*looks around*
Anybody is here?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2021, 05:15:06 AM »
Looks around. It is 06:15 here. Goes back to sleep.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]