Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240350 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #525 on: January 09, 2021, 09:32:06 PM »
Ok, here are some examples, there are different styles.

"modern" tango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTPec8z5vdY

classic one:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZugWCk_q3_o

My grandma favorite (it has lyrics): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr6oWgzyeWw

One very famous one (female singer, disregard the picture): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nRqlKuLn3o
(here you have the lyrics in Spanish and an English translation)

No more for now  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 09, 2021, 10:42:49 PM »
Your grandmother's favorite reminded me of The Godfather for some reason :D
I loved the last one. Her voice is... Omg.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 09, 2021, 11:12:37 PM »
She is called Adriana Varela, nicknamed "La gata", which means the female cat- She was the protegé of a great old singer (already departed), a man called Roberto Goyeneche. His style of thing had changed with the year, and at his old age, his singing was raw and raspy (another singer compose a song in his honor, calling him sandy throat). Well, Adriana followed the same style. And that in the link is one of the tangos she does best, because it suits her voice. The lyrics says that the singing of Malena  has a dark tone, given by alcohol and an old love.

Ok, last one. It's a segment of a movie. It's our most famous singer, Carlos Gardel, singing one of the most famous tangos ever: Volver. It's the song of a man who comes back to Buenos Aires after 20 years abroad. There are recordings of the song with better quality but I thought it would be fun to see how the movies and actors were at the time (1935)   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9r6AAyEsis

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:27:23 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 09, 2021, 11:44:06 PM »
In other notices, I watched WW84, I don't know if you know this about me, Fcrate, but I am a HUGE Wonder Woman fan. And I liked the first Wonder Woman. But this one is truly bad. There are some pretty scenes and a few moments I liked, and the mid-credits scene made me squee, but the rest of the movie is depressingly bad.

I totally agree with this Dina. I thought it was terrible and didn’t wow me at  all. Not enough of WW’s power. I didn’t buy the love between her and Chris Pine either. Very flat.

And Hello Weird!

((((((Dina)))))))
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2021, 12:14:45 AM »
(((((((((Chiana)))))))))))

How are you, my blue Lady? it's 2021 being gentler with ypu?

And yes, it's a shame about WW.
I am planning to watch a match (football/soccer)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
Thank you Dina, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. My favorite is still Adriana Varela though :D

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »
Me, too. Thank you, Dina. I've listened to all the links and after that looked for more. Maybe I'll find something like that I can play with the violin alone. That would be nice. I'll keep looking.

Hi, Chiana!

@weird
I have to admit, I've never read or watched anything about Wonder Woman. OK, once I think as a teenager, but I didn't like her, so I turned it off.
I am more fond of Superman and Batman (especially the coloured series Batman and Robin, that was fun, was it from the seventies I think?) and Spiderman. Though even as a child I thought how weird that no one recognized Superman only because he wasn't wearing his costume, had glasses on and his hair parted on the other side, LOL.
We were often making fun of the fact, that I must be a disguised super hero or a super villain, because I wear glasses AND most importantly: my initials are the same letter twice!!! Ha!
That's the clue to recognize them!
How are they all called?

Peter Parker
Clark Kent (OK, only in sound, but that's the most clever disguise, I can tell you)
Lex Luthor
Lois Lane
Dare Devil  ;D
Bruce Batman LOL
Ok. Batman is an exception. That's why he is wearing that big mask, because he doesn't have the protection of his initials.

Also there are some Kids show characters we included in the theory:
Bibi Blocksberg (a teenage witch, I loved that as a kid, had several cassettes)
Benjamin Blümchen (a talking elephant, LOL)
Bastian Balthasar Bux ( Never ending Story). He even has 3 B! Maybe he needed the third B to be able to safe the world of fantasy.

There is a saying here, when someone is doing jokes all day.
I must have swallowed a clown for breakfast. I think I did that today and it tasted delicious.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2021, 02:02:34 PM »
Regen, that was absolutely nerdy.. I love it :D
Oh, sorry. Hi Chiana.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2021, 07:42:39 PM »
Good maen all!

Oh yes, that about the double initials is so fun. Specially the LL for Superman related things (besides Lex and Lois, we have Lucy Lane, Lori Lemaris, Lana Lang, Lena Luthor, Lionel Luthor). And me any Stan Lee characters, if we move to Marvel.
Also, JKR took the idea for several Harry Potter names (specially Hogwarts founders)

I've read WW since I long as I remember. I have a small book (it was not a comic book, it was a book with illustrations but not vignettes) that told a story of Diana against the nazi. And I remember reading it when I was barely learning to read (I read since 4 yo, apparently, so I was really little). It was the first place where I've heard about the goddess Diana. I asked my mom and she told me and then I searched for more and learnt a few things about mythology (Roman and Greek) and I loved it.
But the most importance influence was, of course, the TV show. I LOVED IT.

I am glad you liked the tangos. Regen, perhaps try  "valses criollos" (valses: plural of vals, waltz).Here are some things https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=valsecito+criollo.

I know many Germans iike tangos but I have not idea about Egyptians.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 17, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
Hello weird. It's been a while. Responding to Dina's last comment:I don't have a clue about Egyptians either. I don't socially mix with people who like foreign music. Lol
Yesterday some people bought a bull from the farm, they took everything, but they didn't want the skin or the bones. So I spent early morning making a stand on the roof to stretch the skin out on, and salted it.
I spent the afternoon breaking bones. Heh. I'm making bone soup tonight. :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 17, 2021, 07:23:20 PM »
Finally! Someone decide to post here again  :D
Thanks Fcrate.
Enjoy your soup!

I am going to play RPG in a short while, so have a good maen everyone and see you later.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2021, 06:53:00 AM »
I hope you enjoyed your game Dina. The soup was delicious, but today for some reason one of my coworkers crowded me from behind and I growled at him.. :D
Hopefully it will pass.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2021, 07:33:28 PM »
I hope you enjoyed your game Dina. The soup was delicious, but today for some reason one of my coworkers crowded me from behind and I growled at him.. :D
Hopefully it will pass.

As long as you don't scratch him, it should be fine.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2021, 09:05:52 PM »
LOL about the growling.
I enjoyed the game, thank you very much. We manage to blow a whole house, but it was not our fault,I swear  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 19, 2021, 09:21:57 AM »
Not your fault.. Hmmm, where have I heard that before? :P
@Regen: biting was my primary concern. Anyway, I saved the broth (and there was a lot of it) so that I can make pot roast and other delicious meals in the future. I boiled it for a while to concentrate it, and after it cooled it congealed into gelatin that I froze.
In other news, I've finally finished Malazan book of the Fallen. Wheew. I didn't think I ever would, as I didn't like the tone of book 9 and struggled through it. Took me a year to finish. But overall, I'm satisfied, those were some good books.