Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 245978 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:04 AM »
I thought that would happen in Europe due to Winter but not here, but apparently the Holidays have been hard, as people refused to take as many precautions. Specially young people. So most of the cases are among yoingsters.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 07, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
Sorry about your neighbor Regen. My father had recovered from his bout with covid, though he gave us quite a scare for a while. He's still refusing to stop praying in the mosque, though he now uses more precautions.
on the positive side, Thursday is market day for our cluster of villages, and for the last 8 months I've been almost the only one out of thousands with a mask. Made me only go once a month instead of my weekly trip. Today though, I've seen almost half the people there with masks, so that's an improvement. I also started seeing people walking in the village with masks, whereas before anyone wearing a mask was met with silent ridicule. Sometimes jokes would be said, and a little laugh and (No Corona here, leave it to God, you won't get it). Ignorance of both science and religion gets on my nerves. They claim to leave it to God, when it says in Quran "Take your precautions then trust in God" (I paraphrased so that you can understand).
I was never on the receiving end of such ridicule though, which is quite weird. They see it as okay for an educated - or city born - man to take precautions, while they almost discourage their families from doing the same.
Sorry about the rant. :D anyway, the improvement of people's attitudes was due to a scare campaign, not sure if it was just a rumor or that someone in the government had a hand in it, but they say the most ridiculous things about the new strain of covid, that it shreds your stomach to pieces that you can see in the toilet. And that's the least of the rumors. Lol
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 07, 2021, 07:53:47 PM »
Ugh, that is so disgusting (I mean, the rumor)

I am sorry is so bad there with the masks and it is weird what you mention about they accepting that you use it. Here people (in general) understand the reason for using masks and do it but some of them (specially young) are fed up masks after so many months wearing them, so many are starting to take them off. Still, with the new raise of cases things are somewhat better, as if people has been reminded this is serious.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 08, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »
I'm glad people are getting more cautious over there Dina.
Today, someone was on a car and microphone telling people to get masks for Friday prayer. First time that happened, so when the imam started his speech by saying that he'll talk about the most serious problem afflicting the world and how to solve it, I was very optimistic. Turns out he says we should return to God, stop sinning and start praying and Corona will go away.
Okay....

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 08, 2021, 07:17:50 PM »
Well, if you do all that and wear masks and keep social distance... :D.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 09, 2021, 06:49:01 AM »
Well, if you do all that and wear masks and keep social distance... :D.
That's what I was hoping he'd say. :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 09, 2021, 06:57:55 AM »
I would hope our priests are saying that at least. I have not been in mass (in fact, for months all reunions in churches were banned. I do believe they are authorized now, I am not sure. I know they are transmitted for some webpages and priests accept that if you see them, you did your duty of Sunday assistance to Church. But of course, no communion, so...I don't know what they say about that.I think the Pope gave a special permission to everyone to skip communion or something like that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 09, 2021, 08:44:06 AM »
Here they unbanned gatherings in churches and mosques, but with a rule that everybody wears masks, keeps a distance of 2m and bring their own prayer mats.
Regardless, presence of law here is quite feeble, and people ignore it, so I haven't been to prayer since covid started. But the law against loud speakers in prayer is also unenforced in my village, so I hear the speech every Friday.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 09, 2021, 08:53:17 AM »
Oh yes, you need to wear masks here for everything, basically.

In other notices, I watched WW84, I don't know if you know this about me, Fcrate, but I am a HUGE Wonder Woman fan. And I liked the first Wonder Woman. But this one is truly bad. There are some pretty scenes and a few moments I liked, and the mid-credits scene made me squee, but the rest of the movie is depressingly bad.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 09, 2021, 09:23:53 AM »
Haha, I liked the first Wonder woman too, that said, I only read one of the comics when I was a kid, I don't even remember if I liked it, but back then I liked everything I could read. Lol
The bad reviews about WW84 make me hesitant to watch it while I liked the first one, I didn't think it was good enough to carry a franchise.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 09, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
I disagree, it could have carried a franchise perfectly well. I suspect a WW3 is still possible, actually. But there is no doubt this movie was not good.

Totally random question. Do you know what tango is? Do you like it?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 09, 2021, 10:55:35 AM »
You mean the dancing? Umm.... Okay, any type of movement that's not in a straight line will probably see me flat on my ass.
Edir: About Wonder Woman: The first movie was about a child's disillusionment of her people's ancient beliefs, after the shock wore off and she came into her power, she defeats the main bad guy, who is God level disaster (Literally) and despite that she's only a baby, half God, and no training whatsoever, she defeats him. - That part didn't fly with me, but it was okay- Then in Justice League we see her teaming up to go against Steppenwolf who thrashes the hell out of them until superman comes dues ex machina  style and saves the day. The scene where they all fight superman and getting squashed is what killed the whole cast of characters for me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:03:39 AM by Fcrate »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 09, 2021, 11:14:45 AM »
I agree about JL, particularly that scene was bad.

About tango, well, tango is music and dance. I don't dance tango either, I was asking if you had heard any tango and if you like it. Tango is our music and even when younger people are not such a fan of tango is our history. I was hearing some tangos today and that is why I wonder about that.
And sorry, I have to go now. Good maen for you and everyone else!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:19 AM »
MAEN Dina. I don't think I listened to any tango before. Give me a couple of good links?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 09, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »
We agree that dancing tango is fun. I don't know if I am able to just listen.  ;)