Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240543 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #450 on: December 05, 2020, 05:06:36 AM »
Sorry about the double post but this is important

https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,53961.0.html
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 05, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »
*INCOMING GLOMPS*

Hi Weird. Where's the Christmas tree?
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2020, 11:45:03 PM »
I just read through some of my old pm’s going back to 2010. Tears. I’m glad they are still there. The one that mdodd sent when I reached my 10000 post and my pants dissolved made me miss him again as much as when he first passed. He had the best sense of humor. 

((((((Shades))))))) so good to see you back in the SHOV. Mdodd’s partner in hilarity.  ;)

(((((((Dina)))))))) the Queen Mother of Weird. So happy to see you too. Love you guys!
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 06, 2020, 12:20:49 AM »
((((((((Chiana)))))))))) I am so glad to see you here.

Yes, I have some mdodd PMs too and they are so bittersweet. His humor was so amazing  :'(

There is a Christmas Tree over the chimney, of course! Here on the SHOV, I mean. I will only decorate my tree at home on Dec. 8 (which is a Holiday).

And how are you, my dear Blue Lady? Are you and yours safe?

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 06, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »
*hangs the wizard wand and slightly crooked Elder Gruff ornament on the tree*

I am doing well, Dina, as is my family. So grateful that we are all safe at this time. Been really busy with work and a houseful of cats.  How are you and hubby?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 06, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
Hi Lady!

We are doing well, working from home and isolating but it's all well. Have you read BG?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 12, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
Hey, guys.

How are you?
I'm OK.

Today I played some Christmas songs on the violin to make myself feel more "Christmassy" LOL

At work someone did a lot of decoration with lights , glitter and artificial snowflakes in the noninfectious area. We turned off the lights for a few minutes to appreciate it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-AUE4ZrMItI

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »
Ow, the video  :'(

That is so great about the songs and the decorations. I finally have my tree ready  :).
In another topic, is very hot here. I mean, the temperature is around 30, but it feels worse. But at home with the AC, it's great.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2020, 11:14:14 PM »
Here it's between -3 and 0°C.
We don't have a tree yet. The ones we found so far were either too small or too big. I would feel OK with a small tree, but my husband has exact plans for it's size. ;) I let him have his fun.

I will have my last day of work on December 23 and after that I won't have to work on Christmas or New Year for the first time in ... I can't remember when I ever have not worked on either days. Except those two times when I was at home with newborn babies. :)
Next year I will work on Christmas morning. I am glad it is not afternoon or night, because that's so depressing, you get all the suicide attempts. I like better working the nightshift on Dec 31. There are mostly alcohol and drug patients and those who hurt themselves using fireworks. And around midnight usually there is some kind of stand still. Everything quiet and then we take turns climbing the outside stairs up to the roof. From there you can watch the whole city. That's pretty cool.

Only this year there might not be any fireworks. They are talking about a complete lockdown. And it might be forbidden to go outside at all after 9 pm. Except for going to work. Sunday morning we will know more.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »
Hi my dear!
I hope you find a nice tree soon. We have just a plastic tree, but I bought it last year (I believe, or the other one) so it looks well.

I was laughing the other day because a journalist I followed on twitter posted that she always take care not to have a blue decoration near a golden one. She did not say why but everyone following her knows it's because blue and yellow and the colors of boca, the rival football (soccer) team. And that reminded me that the first time we bought decorations for the tree (20 years ago!) I insisted in buying only silver and red decorations because River, my team (and said journalist team) colors and white and red. And so we did. With the years, I relented and bought some golden decorations too because they are pretty, but I would never have a blue one. Never.  :)

I am glad you don't have to work on the holidays. This year has been very bad and many people will be alone, so it will probably be quite sad. About the shift, have you seen that Netflix show called "Home from Christmas"? It's Norwegian, I think, but it could be another Scandinavian country, I forgot. I just checked and the original title is Hjem til Jul. Well, the main character is a nurse and there are a few plot points about having to work the Christmas shift. It must be so difficult to work those shifts. I've been grateful to Christmas workers all my life since I am a Christmas baby  :)

We will spend Christmas alone, hubby and I, but we will probably do a virtual toast after midnight.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
Hello, hello!!!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you that we found a tree. Today we will put in in the living room. It has been down in the cellar for the night to get used to warmer temperatures.
Today the kids went to help their grandparents to decorate their tree. We will be spending the 24th there.

It is 5-10°C outside and raining. Typical Christmas weather of the last years ;) .

Our decoration will be colourful. A mix of everything. I will make a picture. I hope I don't forget to post it here.
We will have fondue like every year. With broth. There will be meat of different animals (pork, beef, turkey, chicken, duck and lamb and wiener sausages), mushrooms and Brussels sprouts to put into the broth to boil.
And different sauces, which I will make. And some salad and bread.

On the 25th we will order Vietnamese.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 22, 2020, 11:17:16 AM »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 22, 2020, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 22, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »
Looks very good indeed. And Regen, fondue! Delicious! Even when I prefer fondue of cheese instead of meat, I think I would like to try that for a special dinner. Not for Christmas here, though, as it is too hot.
We think we are going to do a sort of buffet froid. Piononos, salads, several cheeses and cold meats, things like that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 22, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »
Looks very good indeed. And Regen, fondue! Delicious! Even when I prefer fondue of cheese instead of meat, I think I would like to try that for a special dinner. Not for Christmas here, though, as it is too hot.
We think we are going to do a sort of buffet froid. Piononos, salads, several cheeses and cold meats, things like that.
But it is winter here and we need comfort food. Stew with potato mash and Brussels sprouts. We probably make too much but stew freezes well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]