Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240314 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #375 on: November 17, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
I tried it a few times, as long as the flavor isn't strong enough to shock me, it's fine. I generally love cardamom in my food.
As for brexit, I play maybe 3 times a week with a few friends from Europe, and one of the brits is quite passionate about it. Always expect at least one argument between him and the French guy every week about brexit.
I know all the arguments. A friend of mine came here about two decades ago because even with good papers it is easier to go to some foreign country than trying your luck in the south of England if you are a northerner and the economy was better here at the time. It fluctuates.

Of course he is against Brexit, his whole life is based on the opportunities Europe gave him and Thatcher and co denied him. His nephew however stayed there and is now a brexiteer. We had long discussions on Facebook.

I suppose patriottisme is fine but if you have no other arguments than that you are probably duped by people who abuse your emotions. They think they lost their sovereignty to the EU. No army, police or foreign authority is stopping them if they want out. It is an insult to all those people who had to fight to get rid of the English. My wife is half Scottish and half Welsh so she understands.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 17, 2020, 04:59:36 PM »
Good maen everyone!  :)

I won't say anything about Brexit (or about Thatcher. Specially about Thatcher), because I don't want to be kicked out of the forum.

What I will say is that I love cardamom in my coffee and in some foods, I don't remember if I tried it in tea. Cardamom is something you can found. here but not in every place. My favorite place is one called "el gato negro" (the black cat) and it has very good spices.It is also a cafeteria, I had coffee (latte) with turmeric. It was very, very weird.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2020, 06:31:28 PM »
Ha.. Did it taste like chicken by any chance? :P
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
LOL, not really. I don't actually liked it but it was fun to try it, and somehow it felt like it would be good for my health  :)

I am also a genuine lover of salt mixed with other things. I have a lot of flasks of salt with many different things. My favorite varies according to my mood, but most of the times it's a particular blend of salt, pepper, and lemon. Delicious. Very good with chicken but also interesting in salads, as tabulli (tabuleh? I don't know how you call it, Fcrate).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2020, 08:01:51 PM »
We call it Tabboula (The salad I mean) , although it originated in lebanon/Syria and they call it Tabblouleh.
It's a derivative from "Tawabel" which means spices. You can also call this"Tatbila" which is the blend of spices you use on a specific dish, mostly BBQ or salads.
If you like salt, pepper and lemon on a salad, I guarantee you'll love it if you add a small amount of cumin and a spoonful of olive oil on your salad.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2020, 08:41:44 PM »
Ok, I've seen several different spellings here. Tabbulli and Tabbule are the more common. Olive oil I sometimes do but I don't think I ever did cumin
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 18, 2020, 05:02:34 AM »
All of them are correct. It's not exactly spelling, it's about accent.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2020, 05:07:14 AM »
Ah, interesting.

In a totally unrelated note, I found a picture of a young Jeff Godblum and I think he looks a lot of the Harry Dresden that is in my head. He is also tall
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 18, 2020, 10:59:42 AM »
You're right... Huh...

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 18, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »
Ah, interesting.

In a totally unrelated note, I found a picture of a young Jeff Godblum and I think he looks a lot of the Harry Dresden that is in my head. He is also tall

You are right. A pity he is too old now. But he could be the Gatekeeper instead.  ;D
When watching the PT and BG trailers I thought, that Jason Bernardo (the guy playing Harry) looked suprinsingly a lot like my image of Harry. And Paul Blackthorne from the series looked not so much like my head-Harry, but how he played him looked so much like I imagined Harry would behave. And how I imagined his body language and his facial expressions.
So my perfect Harry would be a mixture of the three.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2020, 04:56:28 PM »
I absolutely agree about Blackthorne! I love that man (watching him in Arrow was a delight) and I think he did a great job as Harry.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »
I absolutely agree about Blackthorne! I love that man (watching him in Arrow was a delight) and I think he did a great job as Harry.
Oh yes, I watched Arrow only because of him. :-* Otherwise I didn't like Arrow so much.

My little one fell from the sofa today and her arm is still hurting. I hope it is not broken. If it is not better tomorrow and there is swelling, we will have to go to the hospital. I hope not. I would like to avoid hospitals with my kids these days. But none of the other doctors has x-ray.

Today we were at a side arm of the river. There are ducks who like to be fed. We had fun. The ducks are cute. When they notice someone coming, it looks like they run over the water towards you. We are definitely not the only ones feeding them. One of the adult male ducks is already very fat.

After that we threw maple seeds from the bridge into the river. That was fun too, because when falling they look like little helicopters, and you can do a contest, which one stays in the air the longest.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
I hope your daughter is okay Regen. Here there are lots of private labs with x-ray. Nothing like that where you live?
Today we were at a side arm of the river. There are ducks who like to be fed. We had fun. The ducks are cute. When they notice someone coming, it looks like they run over the water towards you. We are definitely not the only ones feeding them. One of the adult male ducks is already very fat.

Okay that part just made me hungry..
Think orange peel marinade and an oven.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 18, 2020, 07:53:58 PM »
I hope your daughter is okay Regen. Here there are lots of private labs with x-ray. Nothing like that where you live?
Okay that part just made me hungry..
Think orange peel marinade and an oven.
Yummy. LOL. I hope no one gets the idea. There are only 6 of them yet. And only one female. A beautiful cream coloured one. I do think they were put there on purpose. This area has been created artificially out of a compromise the water power company had negotiated with the community to reestablish the wild life there, because the original bed of the river has dried out and a lot of animals who lived there died, because of the canal the company built. You can still see, where the original side arm of the river was. I believe the ducks were part of that wild life revival, or they came on their own. I don't know. But they were not here a few years ago.
I even gave them "names" already. Like "Fat old Mr Duck" or "Bella Duck" or "Biting Duck Jr" . ;)

And no. All of the doctors around have given up their x-rays. Not sure why. But maybe I can try at the orthopedic centre. It is in the city too, in the same building as a little hospital, but not the hospital itself. Usually you have to wait a few weeks to get an appointment there, but maybe they can take us in as an emergency and because she is a child. But I fear they will say, we have to go to the hospital and come to them for treatment afterwards. This would be the usual way. You have a broken limb, you go to a hospital, they fix you, you go home, and everything that has to be done afterwards is done by your local doctor or by an orthopedic doctor.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »
Oh Regen, I hope your daughter is fine. I think in this case it would be worthy the risk of going to the hospital.

That about the ducks sounds awesome,and I love to see the maple seeds falling. It is fun indeed.

Missing you, Md