Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 245042 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2020, 02:10:19 AM »
One hour until BG here. I will be off too, for some days, but I hope there are not more cars at the school and that your tummy gets better very soon. And now, ((((everyone)))
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2020, 01:24:22 AM »
(((((((Otlan)))))))
I certainly liked your other video and this one, well, I quite familiar with the song. And the video is so fun to watch  :)

So far it seems that I will be free on Tuesday, for BG! So excited!

*Huggles back* I'm glad you liked the Videos Di-Di n_n . Been in a 60's mood lately XD .

I'm still reading Peace Talks, but I'm gonna try and get BG on Thursday n_n .

@Fcrate: Perhaps once this mess is over with Mi Amigo XD . It's good to hear your alive at least n_n .

@Regen: I'm glad the song made you laugh, as that was my intention by posting it XD . Couldn't help but think about Harry and his frineds when I listened to it XD .

Never heard the song played on a Spanish Guitar, would be intresting to hear XD . And I did some digging and found out that while the rendition by The Animals is one of the most popular versions, the song is actually much, much older then that and has a few variants XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »
Is everyone off reading BG?

Huh.
Weird.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2020, 02:33:41 AM »
Is everyone off reading BG?

Huh.
Weird.

Sadly, no, can't buy it yet -_- . I did finish reading Peace Talks a couple of day ago, and HOLY S**T O_O !!!!!!

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2020, 07:28:53 AM »
I can't believe weird is so quiet.

Do yourself a favour, Otlan, avoid BG spoilers as much as you can.
I wasn't careful enough but mind still=blown.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »
Do yourself a favour, Otlan, avoid BG spoilers as much as you can.
I wasn't careful enough but mind still=blown.

You are right. Don't go there if you have not read it yet.
I spent the last days reading through all the posts. But I avoided them until after I was done with the book.
My next thought was screw Cinder Spires, I want to know how Harry's story goes on.  ;)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2020, 09:00:43 PM »
I managed to avoid Pat's Spoilers, so avoiding the ones for BG won't be hard n_n . Thank you both for the warning though n_n .

I also think I have an idea of why Thomas did what he did.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2020, 05:51:59 AM »
I am here! My mind has been blown-up and I've been sad, but not that sad. I won't say more here because in a while, not now, I will be posting all what I can in the DF Spoilers section  :)

I hope everyone is fine. Things here are very bad but there are two "positive" things. The cases seem to have stabilized in my city and the surrounding area, which concentrates most of the people in the country. And...Spring is here. Strangely, we have quite coldish days now but I am sure it will be over soon and then it will be hot.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »
Dina!!!
I hope the summer heat will kill the virus in your country.
It's autumn here. Wet and cold in the mornings. Wet and warm in the afternoons.  ;)
My cousin and her boys had a cold with fever. They have been tested, but thank God it was just some regular cold. They are feeling better now.

Hey! Not long now till Christmas ;). I'm so hoping we will get some short story or microfiction showing Harry on diplomatic mission.
***giggle giggle***
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:30:04 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »
Hi! Hope so too. And I am glad to hear your cousin and their family are not infected.

This is going to be an interesting week. There is a scientific meeting in..something that is not the same but similar to what I work at, and this year due to Covid they made most of it accessible to everyone via zoom. So I've been watching (it began today but it is all the week). Problem is in France, 5 hours difference with here, so it's 5-10 a.m. for me. No problem, I took a nap around midnight and another after the thing.

It is a little exhausting though because it is in English and I am not that good with oral English so I have to focus and pay a lot of attention.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2020, 11:09:22 PM »
Hello weird... I'm also avoiding spoilers section till I can get my copy. None of my friends and family abroad are coming to visit soon, so it's going to be an ebook. Unfortunately Im already over budget regarding books this month, so I'll have to wait.
Dina! I hope you enjoy your conference, and practice makes perfect. Oral English was a huge problem for me until I started playing online, and now I can even understand Scottish people! Mostly. Ha.
@Regen:
Glad your cousin is okay, a microfiction about a diplomatic mission sounds awesome, think peaceful mayhem and diplomatic destruction.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2020, 11:15:22 PM »
Hi Fcrate!

Apparently there is WoJ that he would be doing some microfictions covering the time between BG and Christmas Story. I really need them.

Of course I got an ebook, no money for paying the shipping cost, or a hardcover book.

About playing online, yes, hubby told me the same. Interestingly, he had a lot of problem understanding Cubans living in USA for long time...even when they speak Spanish. And yes, I will keep practicing.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2020, 12:52:33 AM »
Why dose my language suck so much XD . I get it, there's a lot of slang words and what not, but could it be the accent too?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2020, 12:54:30 AM »
Brb after dinner
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
Good maen y'all. Status unchanged; operations within normal parameters. Hit level 40 on Pokemon last month. Read and was exhausted by BG. Hope all is well.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?