Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240496 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »
We also call "pre-school" the last kindergarten year. That was mandatory since before I was born (but the previous classes, for 3-4 years old, were not mandatory until about 10 years ago, I believe). There were not many differences between pre-school and the rest of kindergarten but I believe there were more works oriented to perform an specific task. Anyway, I don't remember much of that time of my life, except that I was happy, we sang, we listen to stories and yes, I've learnt a few German words  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2020, 09:12:29 PM »
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2020, 09:16:07 PM »
((((((((Otlan))))))))))

It is so good to see you!!

How are you doing? And your family? Have you read PT? I am so looking forward to BG. Today they dropped the 3rd and final sample chapter. Only 15 days to go...:-)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
((((((((Otlan))))))))))

It is so good to see you!!

How are you doing? And your family? Have you read PT? I am so looking forward to BG. Today they dropped the 3rd and final sample chapter. Only 15 days to go...:-)

*HUGLESSUPERTIGHTBACK* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to see you too Di-Di n_n <3 !

I'm doing alright, just been very busy lately, and getting very sick and tired of both this plage and this year -_- . How are you? My family are all doing well, as far as I know. Need to check up on my Big Brother though, haven't heard from him in awhile. How's everyone in your family? I sadly have not read Peace Talks yet -_- . But my frined is going to let me Barrow his copy so I can n_n .

I was actually caught off guard and more then a little surprised when Mr. Butcher announced the next book release so soon XD . My frined and I are getting nervous though that we're comeing to the end of the series -_- . I know all good thing must come to an end, but it's so hard to sat goodbye -_- ...*Shakes my head* Sorry Di-Di, I hope you enjoy Battle Grounds when it comes out, I'll be looking forward to reading both n_n <3 !

Hope the Video I sent made you smile n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2020, 11:01:17 PM »
I have not seen the video yet as I am more or less busy, and about to watch a class (we subscribed to some streaming courses, this one is about philosophy).

I believe PT is...complicated. The first part is a mess, then becomes great but is over before BIG THINGS happen, so I think it would be a great idea to read both books together. Also, don't worry about the end of the series, we still have many, many books in front of us and JB is taking a lot of time between them. This are not two books, but one that is split. So, we still are very far away of the end of the series. And his next book is going to be of the other series (Cinder Spires). So...lots of time.

We are all doing fine, but Argentina is having a lot of cases, so things are complicated. I have been very busy too. But I missed you. I am missing playing our RPG too. I was thinking about some of our stories just yesterday
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2020, 10:12:43 PM »
I have not seen the video yet as I am more or less busy, and about to watch a class (we subscribed to some streaming courses, this one is about philosophy).

I believe PT is...complicated. The first part is a mess, then becomes great but is over before BIG THINGS happen, so I think it would be a great idea to read both books together. Also, don't worry about the end of the series, we still have many, many books in front of us and JB is taking a lot of time between them. This are not two books, but one that is split. So, we still are very far away of the end of the series. And his next book is going to be of the other series (Cinder Spires). So...lots of time.

We are all doing fine, but Argentina is having a lot of cases, so things are complicated. I have been very busy too. But I missed you. I am missing playing our RPG too. I was thinking about some of our stories just yesterday

Ahh, ok, well I hope your class was, if not fun, at least enlightening n_n .

Oooohhhh, it's one book split into two, ok, ya, that makes sense XD . Deffinetky going to have to read both of them together then n_nd ! I haven't forgotten about the Spire Series, I'm really looking forward to when it comes out n_n .

I just pray to God, that if Mr. Butcher get's Movie adaptations made of his books, that he dosn't let Disney get they're meat hooks into them -_- .

*Hugs tight* Sorry to hear that Di-Di -_- . I hope you all stay safe n_n .
Awww, I've missed you guys too n_n <3 ! *Huggles more* I'm sorry I haven't been on more, things have been Stupidly busy and Hectic on my end, especial my GDF Job -_-# ...I'm gonna try to be on more though, and many, hopfully get an RP going again n_n .

Which reminds me, anyone her from Snow lately? With everything going on in California  I wanted to check up on her and make sure she's ok.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2020, 10:48:53 PM »
*loves hug, hugs back*

Do you know that a study of I don't remember who ( :P) proved that Argentinians are very, very into hug each other, and the country in the world which less respects personal space. The polar opposite is Finland, where, according to the stories, has not even realized there is a social distancing policy, as that is normal life for them. So, I really miss be with friends and hugging them. But I am so grateful for technology allowing us to keep the contact with each other! Classes, meetings, and I still play RPG with my party  :)

Sorry about your work, but again glad to hear that you are safe

I have been very worried for Snowy too, but just today I confirmed she is ok. At least, she is safe. But she is not really well, here: https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/board,41.0.html

I forgot to watch the video you posted, so I will do it now

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:51:54 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Hello! I'm back.
How are you?
Only 7 days now to Battle Ground. I'm already so excited, I'm getting a weird butterfly feeling in my stomach.  ???
 ;)
I wonder what will be the new post on the website. I'm hoping for new photos from the set of the BG trailer.

I was very busy still with the kid's room or I should say more with the things that are no longer in her room. I haven't sold or given away everything yet, so there is still a lot standing in the way. Looks kind of chaotic. ;D

Next week I am not at work. I didn't plan this. My boss told me to stay at home. As if she knew. LOL. So I know what I will do come Tuesday.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2020, 02:22:51 AM »
Sometimes, chaotic is good  :)

I am very excited about BG too, and I am trying to organize things so I will be able to not work on Tuesday.

We had pizza today, so everything is well in the world  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »
*loves hug, hugs back*

Do you know that a study of I don't remember who ( :P) proved that Argentinians are very, very into hug each other, and the country in the world which less respects personal space. The polar opposite is Finland, where, according to the stories, has not even realized there is a social distancing policy, as that is normal life for them. So, I really miss be with friends and hugging them. But I am so grateful for technology allowing us to keep the contact with each other! Classes, meetings, and I still play RPG with my party  :)

Sorry about your work, but again glad to hear that you are safe

I have been very worried for Snowy too, but just today I confirmed she is ok. At least, she is safe. But she is not really well, here: https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/board,41.0.html

I forgot to watch the video you posted, so I will do it now

*Gives 1 Million Hugs*

Honestly not surprised XD . I remember watching the Johnny Carson Show, and they talked about how people in certian parts of the world were very affeconiate in they're greetings. I can't find it atm, but if I do I'll post it. Anyway, they were talking about this one guy and how he'd hug you to greet you and kiss your cheeks and probabbly kiss you on the mouth if you let him, but they were talking about Machismo at the time, what it means to be a man and that that was a perfect example of being Machismo.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy virtual hugs as much as real ones Di-Di, and I'm glad your still able to play with your frineds n_n .

Bah, this Virus couldn't kill me if it tried XP . I'm more worried about the Coustomers that are eventually going to snap -_- .

Well, glad to hear she's alright, sucks to hear the other news though -_- . Really hope she's able to get treatment, thanks for letting me know Dina n_n .

Hope you enjoy it, and here's another one for you guys n_n .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uS90B4sZf7U

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »
(((((((Otlan)))))))
I certainly liked your other video and this one, well, I quite familiar with the song. And the video is so fun to watch  :)

So far it seems that I will be free on Tuesday, for BG! So excited!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »
Maen all! All is well here and I missed you all. I just recovered from a nasty cold, during which I self quarantined as a matter of common sense. I read your post Dina about how Argentinian people are very... Hugging. Lol. Egyptians are the same, it's expected to hug and kiss your friends when you meet them, and it's been a nightmare fending off people without offending them while I was sick. I explain time and time again that I'm sick and I don't want to put them at risk, but still some people take offense at that.. Meh...
Hey Otlan.. I feel like sneezing, come here and let me say hello. :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2020, 09:32:05 PM »
Hi Fcrate!! So good to "see" you! I've missed you. Also, yes, I remember before the lockdown, when we wear not wearing face masks or anything but still the official word was "not to kiss or hug". It was terrible, because everyone gives you a kiss when you see somebody and some of them became a little offended when you told them "not because of that virus" (it was still not a pandemia). By the way, cases keep raising here, it is very bad.

Tuesday is BG day!  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2020, 07:36:51 PM »
Hey!
I would like to hug you, too. Last week I accidentally hugged a friend for her birthday. She hugged back. We looked at each other and both said something like at least no one sneezed.

In about 2 ½ hours it is midnight here. Peace Talks as e-book was on my device at that time. So I hope I can start Battle Ground at midnight. I'm doing a countdown.
When the book is there, I'm going to be absent again for a week or so. To have time to rethink it on my own.

Today my stomach ached a bit. I think I ate something bad. There was an egg that smelled weird yesterday.
My older daughter told me, that I should read a book, this helps her, when the belly aches. LOL. She says it distracts you from the hurt. Very intelligent child. I told her that I would have to wait till midnight for my belly ache to disappear.
I already made some fennel tea.

In my daughter's school there was one child tested covid positive. They closed the class and all teachers who had contact stay at home for at least one week. All the other classes continue like before.
In Munich the cases were rising, so they ordered people to wear masks even outside and restricted gatherings to 50 people inside and 100 people outside like in the first time after the lockdown. They said the cases are going down again, so the restrictions can be loosened again in a week or so.

And none of my colleagues was infected for a long time now. There were some patients, but there has been established some routine by now. But let's see what autumn brings. I definetly am going to get my influenza vaccine.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2020, 07:49:55 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

@Otlan
I just watched your videos. The Jedi song made me laugh. Thank you. ;D

And my father has a guitar. A very cheap one he bought somewhere in Spain during his youth. He has it still. He can't read music notes, but he had three pieces he taught himself. One was The House of the Rising Sun. He played that every day during my childhood.