Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240464 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2020, 07:42:57 AM »
DoT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you???
(((((((((((((((DoT))))))))))))))))
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline DoTArchon

• Posty McPostington
  • Lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2020, 07:50:45 AM »
 ;D ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dina)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ;D

I'm great thanks :D Are you well?

Excited for Peace Talks releasing, thought I'd pop by and see how the forums are doing. Can't go anywhere near Spoilers section, just based on some of the tpic headings I'm guessing there are a few chapters already out there which I'd rather wait for whn the whole book is out.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2020, 08:01:12 AM »
Yes, they are six chapters! And yes, excitement is real! Not so much until Tuesday!

Have you seen your birthday thread? It is old already, but it has a cake. Also, how are you doing? There is quarantine in SA?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2020, 09:21:08 AM »
Hi, DoT!
How are you?
I always admire people who can restrain themselves NOT to read sample chapters, when they are available and you know it. ;)
I know, I can't not read them.

I'm trying another book (a detective story without magic) in the days between. It's lying in front of me, but I'm still just looking at the cover. It's only a little over 200 pages. Perhaps I am able to give it a chance. They even have made movies about it, that I have watched, so I know, it is funny. Usually the books are better than the movies, so...
We'll see.

PEACE TALKS!!!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2020, 04:25:23 AM »
When I was younger I had the habit of not reading the sample chapters. And I stayed away of any spoiler section. Then someone spoiled me the name of Dresden's daughter in a not spoiler section. I was so angry!! It was all a thing.because I told the other person that I hated them (I don't even remember who did it). And Iago scolded me, with the Hammer of God. So for a book or two I simply stayed away of the forum for a month or so, when sample chapters began.

And then, I lost part of my love for the books. So I decided that I better embrace the spolers, read the chapter and not stay away for the amazing forumites!

And that is what I do now. I only stay away a few days since the book release until I finish it. Did that with TWA too.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2020, 12:38:40 AM »
Well, sorry for the double post but I wanted to say that I will be Away from the forum until I finished the book, which will probably take some time as this is a busy week for me.
Meanwhile, take care of yourselves and see you later!
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2020, 01:49:41 AM »
I am most definitely a follower of Harry from "When Harry met Sally" when it comes to books. Let's see how many get the reference. LOL.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2020, 04:35:51 AM »
Finished it!  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:17:38 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2020, 07:31:06 PM »
Hi everybody.
I'm seriously thinking about reading PT again soon. This week I shouldn't, because there is a lot to do at home. But maybe starting Sunday evening...
There were some details that may have escaped me. Reading during nightshift with several breaks in between is not the same as reading concentrated and in quiet at home.
I wanted to wait until the first week of September, but I have begun two other books already and am stuck in the first chapters. One of them seems really good. But I have read most of the discussions about PT now, and I want to return to the Dresden Files. I'm not sure I can prevent myself from starting before Sunday. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
I will be rereading it soon too, perhaps not this week but next one. I always miss things in my first reading because I am too worried about what is going to happen to my favorite characters. On rereading I am more relaxed.
I reread "Christmas Eve" and now I am trying to harden myself for what will be a very difficult reading of BG.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2020, 04:13:23 AM »
Honestly, I liked PT. My biggest problem was all the random things people were raging about on the subreddit. Especially about
(click to show/hide)
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2020, 06:44:35 AM »
(((((((((DC)))))))))))))
I don't think any of those things are true but I do suspect
(click to show/hide)
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
Well, if you will go to Reddit, best be prepared for madness and salt.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
((((((((((PD))))))))))))))

I won't (go to Reddit) :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
(((((((((Dina))))))). Reddit seems to have started strong but it looks to have turned out the way a lot of social media.