Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240503 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2020, 05:34:32 PM »
How are you, PD? I hope less bored?
((((((PD))))
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2020, 12:55:12 AM »
I saw the post about face shields. I wear one at work. Prefer it to masks. Easier to breathe when highly active. Harder to see when reading.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2020, 05:43:22 AM »
I think I would prefer face shields because face masks really annoying me to bread, I wouldn't stand it for long (rigth now I only use it to go to the grocery store or something like that. Very rarely I wear it for more than 40 minutes)-Besides my normal face mask, which is a washable one, I have some disposable ones. Weird thing is that the disposable ones for some reason always end moving up, messing with my sight line.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2020, 08:34:01 AM »
I wear none. I stay inside at the farm where I work, keep my distance and personal stuff clean, and when I absolutely have to go out, I put the mask on when I enter a building. I can't stand wearing anything on my face. Never had. Even in winter when it's cold.
I'm lucky I live in the countryside, as I don't have to be as careful as you guys in the cities.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2020, 05:07:47 PM »
I saw the post about face shields. I wear one at work. Prefer it to masks. Easier to breathe when highly active. Harder to see when reading.

Hi, so face shield was correct! Cool, I only guessed. ;D

This would be good for singing. I tried singing with my mask on. Didn't have to, but I wanted to know what is was like. It is possible, but not fun, because you have to breath in more deeply than without mask. And while breathing in, it always got almost into my mouth. And I used a disposable one, because with my cotton ones it is even harder.

Singers have to keep a distance of 2 m, so there would be 12 of us fitting into the balcony in the church. The priest decided today, that he is going to trust that it won't rain tomorrow, so the service will be held outside.

I have to wear a mask the whole workday long. Face shield would be nice, I think, but I imagine, it could be in the way, when one has to crawl into an an analyzer to repair things and to do maintenance.
A friend works with handicapped children and wears such a shield, because they often spit during feeding.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »
Yes, I imagine that is a very useful thing for your friend. For dentists too!

Well, be as careful as you can and I wish you all the best for the chorus service. Outside is, of course, much better than indoors, transmission is much lesser.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
Hello again.
Church was nice. It was outside. The priest and the people liked our singing. There was a bit of wind. We were standing apart from each other and with distance to the people.
The priest insisted on being outside, because then more people would be allowed to participate and more singers would be allowed too. And he said he trusted his weather app that said the rain would start at noon and not earlier. Funny, I thought he was supposed to trust in God about that. LOL
But of course I didn't say so. Sometimes I know when to shut up. ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:41:17 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2020, 02:28:55 AM »
Hey there. Why? What did you do?

I got to walk into a GameStop for the first time in 4-5 months and have a conversation with people. It was...titalating.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2020, 05:26:46 AM »
((((Otlan)))) How are you doing? I am glad you had fun that time.

(((Regen))) And there was no rain? Also, I am glad he did so, less chance of contagion outdoors.
And congratulations for a good singing, I hope you had fun yourself.

I believe one of my friends had coronavirus. She had flu-like symptoms and now she feels good, but apparently she lost her taste and smell senses for a while. The doctors told her to not leave her home (she lives alone) but they did not test her.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2020, 11:13:32 AM »
Otlan!!!! Nice to hear you enjoyed your visit in the game shop.

Dina: no rain. Not even at noon. But in the early evening.

The loss of taste and smell sounds a lot like corona. Your poor friend. Now she has to stay at home. I hope she has someone to get her what she needs.

These are times when I hope not to get a normal cold, because you will have to stay at home as prevention and can't even go out to get food and other things you need.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »
And he said he trusted his weather app that said the rain would start at noon and not earlier. Funny, I thought he was supposed to trust in God about that. LOL
But of course I didn't say so. Sometimes I know when to shut up. ;)
Trust in God is a good baseline. Weather app helps. xD
Glad you had fun Regen.
Otlan, did you notice the figure in a dark corner of GameStop wearing a hoodie and a face mask?
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
OMG this guy seems to be everywhere. Creepy.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2020, 06:49:47 AM »
Otlan!!!! Nice to hear you enjoyed your visit in the game shop.

Dina: no rain. Not even at noon. But in the early evening.

The loss of taste and smell sounds a lot like corona. Your poor friend. Now she has to stay at home. I hope she has someone to get her what she needs.

These are times when I hope not to get a normal cold, because you will have to stay at home as prevention and can't even go out to get food and other things you need.

Good about the rain. Speaking of that, we had  a lot of rain all the evening and night.
Yes, she needs to stay at home, but it does not matter much. She has been working from home since the beginning of the lockdown.  She asks a lot of delivery and do a lot of on line buying. And if she really needs something I am sure one of her siblings would bring it to her (her mom is not among us anymore and her dad is in a risk group, but she has siblings, nephews and nieces). She also has Maggie, who is a lovely kitty to help her not to feel alone. And she bought a jigsaw puzzle just this weekend  :)

And yes, now that is cold here, I am so worried about catching a common cold...
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2020, 12:41:57 AM »
Hi New Weird. May God help me through these next couple of days at work. Retail around holidays is more stressful than any amount of schooling I've ever been through.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2020, 04:53:23 AM »
(((((((((((DC))))))))))))))
Sending you all the good energy.
Is it that bad, even in pandaemia?
Missing you, Md