Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240531 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2020, 07:38:32 PM »
LOL! Such unladylike thing...I loved it :D

But seriously, and sorry for the yuk factor, but the spit is heavier than the droplets that can be spread when you are singing at the top of your lungs. Those can be carried on even more than that (but they have a lesser chance to touch something that can infest another people).
I believe the best option would be to wear those plastic mask that cover your entire face but allows you to sing. Like this, I don't know how to say it in English

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2020, 07:58:29 PM »
LOL! Such unladylike thing...I loved it :D

But seriously, and sorry for the yuk factor, but the spit is heavier than the droplets that can be spread when you are singing at the top of your lungs. Those can be carried on even more than that (but they have a lesser chance to touch something that can infest another people).
I believe the best option would be to wear those plastic mask that cover your entire face but allows you to sing. Like this, I don't know how to say it in English

I don't know how it's called either. But I know it. Face shield maybe?

But I have found a nice example of Swan Lake. Something like this is what my uncles did.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ICJe9Aues

Edit: But my uncles in fact did it really well. It was ridiculous, but they really did it exactly like the professional ballet, only not so elegant. LOL
That's why we could not stop laughing in the theatre. We were like "Oh, it is supposed to look like that, I thought they just couldn't do it right."!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:16:51 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
Lol Regen.. Your uncles are cool! 2m is very impressive. I never had the knack for it when I was a kid, and I haven't tried since then.
BTW, I don't know what that mask is called, but I would call it a helmet.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2020, 08:39:18 PM »
ROFL!! That was great. One of them actually did a good jump in a moment.
I am glad your little one enjoyed the nutcracker

I like face shield. And that reminds me, I am enjoying this season of "Agents of SHIELD". I am having a lot of fun!
Instead, yesterday I watched the first episode of a new show about Perry Mason (in HBO). I found it awful, because...it's not my Perry Mason. He is not even a lawyer! He is a P.I., and one with serious financial and emotional problems. But the story (the case) is super dark and disturbing, I feel quite sad because I have memories of Perry Mason as something light, fun with a lot of court scenes that I loved. Sort of Petrocelli (do you remember it? I watched it when I was a child).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »
We are watching Ash vs evil dead now.
Somewhat disgusting but also funny in its own way.
I know about Perry Mason but not Petrocelli.

Fcrate:
Face shield helmet  :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2020, 09:38:01 PM »
Petrocelli was a show from the 70's. It was about a lawyer, his wife that acted as his secretary, and his investigator, Pete. He lived in some desert area, I don't remember well where (Nevada, Arizona, somethig like that) and they were building a home while living in a trailer. There was a case of the week (most of the times the clients have no money to pay Petrocelli) and Petrocelli and Pete investigated it and the last part of the episode was always the trial. There Petrocelli presented his version of the facts, with flashbacks and all that jazz, and of course it was obvious that his version was right. Most of the times, the real guilty person confessed.
It was very light and fun and I liked it because my dad was a lawyer and I imagined him to be like Petrocelli  :). Only that was not true, because my dad's practice was about work issues, not penal cases. And there were not oral trials for him (in fact, at the time in my country there were not oral trials at all, not even for penal cases)
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2020, 10:09:43 PM »
Hi, y'all. I had heard about the new "Perry Mason." Not impressed with what I heard. If it is not Burr; it is not Mason.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »
((((((WF)))))  :D
Good to see you!
And yes. I understand they have to change the actor. I could have accepted a darker, more realistic tone, with corruption, sex and all that. It is HBO after all. But at least keep the core of the character!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2020, 10:51:32 PM »
Hi!
Now I've looked it up. The title was not familiar. I thought maybe it wasn't shown on TV here. But it was. The pictures look familiar, but I'm sure I have never watched that. Maybe because neither my parents nor I were interested in shows about lawyers. The only tv series with lawyers that I watched later was Boston Legal, but only because of William Shatner at first. Then because I liked it.

When I was a child, my parents mostly watched crime series like "Tatort". That started in the 1970s and goes on till today. You can watch episodes with different detectives in different cities in Germany, Austria and I think also Switzerland. Sometimes when it's an episode from Münster we watch it, because the character constellation is well made. It's about the detective and " his" mortician. Those two interacting sometimes feel like McCoy and Spock to me.
The other productions are different. So there is one for almost every taste.

Oh, it's late at night. I'm going to bed. Have to get up in 5 hours. Good night.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:54:34 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2020, 11:38:05 PM »
Sleep well, Regen!
And that sounds like an interesting show. Yes, I have a sweet spot for court scenes, but by itself is not enough, what I liked about Petrocelli was that the character was kind and he had a great relationship with his wife. They were hard working but always nice to each other. Probably not very realistic but easy to watch and enjoy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
That is the way with every TV show. In real life the lawyer's job isn't like in the show. The mortician doesn't go out and solves the case. The doctors in hospitals don't break into the patient's home to look for whatever has made him sick...
But they are fun to watch. And fun to laugh about the not so realistic things. These things are not so important, because it is more about the riddle that has to be solved or the people who have to be saved.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »
Yes, exactly  :)
12°C today, near noon. I am grateful I don't have to leave my comfy home to go to the university. I do classes today.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
We have 28°C today. I hope it stays that way for a few weeks now. In between there will be rainy days, but that's great. So the plants won't die. Last week I had to wear a jacket or rain clothes.

@Dina: How cold does winter usually get in Argentina? Or let's better say in the part where you live.

Tomorrow my older kid doesn't have school. Maybe we are going to make a trip to a little lake where we can swim. There is one we can reach with our bikes in about 20 minutes. The river has high tide these days, that's too dangerous. One hour at the lake should be OK. Maybe take the homework with us.
Edit: ... and hope there are no other people there. ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:07:39 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »
Hi Regen! Well, you are right, Argentina is a "vertical" country, so it's not the same what happens in my area that in others. In the South, it is very cold (it reaches latitudes comparable with Canada in the North). But Buenos Aires in the middle of the country, so it is never too cold. When I was a child, it was quite common to have around -5°C in Winter, but lately it rarely reaches below zero. It is not only because of weather global change but also an effect of the city itself, all the asphalt, cars, concrete. But in the suburbia (more or less the same latitude) it often reaches a few degrees below zero.

That about the lake sounds dreamy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2020, 04:44:18 PM »
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
Also blue isn't the safest of colours. UK summers still have a high chance of frostbite.
Or being adopted by Nac Mac Feegles.

Shades!!! *glomphugs* So good to see you again.