Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240406 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 03:55:27 AM »
Hello Fcrate!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 10:34:42 AM »
@Otlan
Yes, the library opened two or three weeks ago. We are slowly and carefully reopening shops, schools and kindergarten. With strict rules, but they are open. The library let's 11 persons in. You have to take a basket provided in the entry hall and follow the arrows they put on the ground. And inside everywhere wear something covering your nose and mouth. And keep distance to other customers. In the shops there are screens wherever possible to protect the workers from the customers.
I think I prefer the early morning for future walks, because in the evening there are too many mosquitoes.

@Dina
No, you didn't forget. I didn't tell you.  ;)
Hey, I got the best present ever. They started a rocket into space for me. Almost did it on the wrong day, but my husband said he called and they corrected the date. LOL

I probably won't be around here, too, when I'm reading PT, much for the same reasons.

We are watching "Haven". Yesterday I realized who Duke Crocker reminded me of: Thomas, because of the hair and the silver eyes he gets when in touch with blood. Suddenly I was seeing the three of them as Thomas, Harry and Murphy. Though personally the guy playing Harry in the new book trailer resembles the image in my head the most. Wow.
I do that a lot. Seeing actors and associating them with book characters.
I've read the Outlander books for example and after seeing the first episode on TV I was confused, because Tobias Menzies didn't look like Black Jack or Frank Randall to me, but like I always imagined Lord John's brother.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 01:38:04 PM »
I always imagined Eric Balfour as Harry  :)
(I'll be back later)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 03:21:25 PM »
I always imagined Eric Balfour as Harry  :)
(I'll be back later)

It's OK. They are brothers anyway. ;D

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 03:43:33 PM »
Hello everyone! Sorry I was absent for a while, I've been busy.
(((((((((PD))))))))))), yes, I've seen it! It was very exciting, I love to see those things. Also learning a few things, like how do a female astronaut to wash her long hair without gravity. It was good to see some good news from USA.

@Regenbogen We forgot your birthday??? :'( :'( Sorry!!  :'( :'( I hope it was a good one.
I am planning to try to do something like what you say for PT release, but I have classes on Tuesday (I am one of those doing the class, not being a student). But I will read all what I can. I am probably going to stay away of the forum until I finish it. That is my usual modus operandi whenever there is a new JB book, so to avoid any shadow of a spoiler.

((((((Otlan)))))) Glad to see you! I am glad you are safe and sound. My city is not doing well, but at least the last couple of days were better than the previous ones. That is good, because with Winter coming we are worried. At least, some of us are, while other are doing protests about the quarantine and some others are becoming...more relaxed about it. And in a small city in the next province, which had not cases for two months, they made a clandestine baby shower and now at around 15 positive cases.

(((Fcrate))) Good to see you too.

I've began watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD and I liked it a lot! Also liking Stargirl (the show, not the movie).

*Huggles tight bacj* It's good to see you too Dins, and I'm glad your staying safe n_n ! And ya, I heard things in Argentina were starting to get bad now that Covids reached there -_- . Just remember, it Spreads like Wildfire. You could have it for two weeks without showing Symptoms and spread it to everyone you come in Contact with. There's also about 30 diffrent strains, each one haveing diffrent degrees of Serverrity. Some are as mild as a Common Cold, while others will land you in the Hospital on a Ventilator. Best thing to do is try to stay away from people that are coughing and sneezing, wash and sanitize your hands after you touched something in public, and for the love of God, DO. NOT. PANIC! Panicking dose nothing but cause shortages of Suplies and Food and drives people crazy!

Sorry, it's been a rough couple of months -_- . Just be safe.

@Fcrate: Crate, my old Nemises Frined XD ! *Hugs you and gently prods your back looking for a soft spot* How tge heck you been n_n ?

@Rengen: So lucky -_- . They say the Liebary here weill reopen "Soon" but god only knows when that will be -_- . I'm sick of sitting in my car haveing to use the Internet, especially ially when the last week each day was about 110 Degrees -_- .

A good idea. Masgitos are the worst -_- . Nasty disease carrying blood sucking vermin -_- ...
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 10:55:50 PM »
((((((Otlan))))))))
The virus has arrived long ago (only a couple of days later than to USA, I believe) but thanks to a strict quarantine we were not having that many cases. Now most of my country is doing pretty well. But my city, the sourrounding towns and a couple of other important cities are now in a moment where the virus is spreading. Luckily, in part that is the result of better testings, so many of the positive cases are not very serious. Therefore, the mortality rate is low. We have relaxed some of the restrictions but for now we are not moving on. Social distancing, face masks, all that are still mandatory. And only people with a pass is supposed to use the public transport (I am not so sure that is well controled)

To have more gloom news, today, which is the day of the voluntary firemen there was an important fire and 2 firemen have lost their lives (and there are several injured). So, this is all very sad.

On the bright side. it appears that this week wont be so cold, but it is cold enough to discourage mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are more than annoyance here, as some of them are vectors for dengue and other maladies.

I hope your library reopens soon, Otlan!!

I have been working a lot today, but now I am free to enjoy my evening and tomorrow I don't have too much to do. No meeting, or class, or anything. so I can work at my own rhythm. That is good.

Oh, hubby's birhday is two weeks away, and one of his presents arrived today. It has been fun to tell him "sorry, you can't touch this in two weeks". It is weird (Normally I woudl have secretly bought something and hide it when he was at work. But now that the two of us are here at home all day, I had  no chance to do that, and he knows it.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 03:11:48 AM »
Ok, I just noticed. Happy belated birthday Regen. I second Otlan, no such thing as too much cake :D
Hey Dina. Glad your country is doing fine with this. Here it's getting steadily worse (Or they finally started testing for real and realised things are worse than they thought). Now that their heads are out of the sand, we're having something resembling a real quarantine.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 04:17:38 AM »
well, of our 24 provinces only 9 had cases today, and 6 of those 9 had less than 5 cases, which I think is good. My city, though (which counts as a "province", because as the capital city works as a "province") had 371 new cases today. There are people trying to ease the lockdown and perhaps they will have some success, but in general, the lockdown will probably stay.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2020, 08:33:43 PM »
Ey Weird! Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to tell you that Spot says hello and sends good vibes for everyone. She, Mr. Spot, Spotlette and Mocha are doing well at home due to quarantine. Spotlette even takes karate classes via Zoom. She is a fiery one that child. :)

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 01:08:24 PM »
LOL. I was thinking of my neighbour. He is doing karate videos in his garden and posts them on social media. He looks quite funny doing that, because he doesn't look like he's ever done any sports in his life. But he is really good. I've trained with him when I was younger. He has the 3rd or 4th Dan now. That's the 3rd or 4th black belt for those who don't know. I had the 4th Kyu, if I remember correctly. That would be the second violet belt. One before the three brown belts.
It's really funny watching his videos, because it looks so ridiculous on him. But he actually knows what he is doing and is often underestimated.
My little one wants to do karate too. Maybe she can start in September, if they are allowed to do that by then. Then she'll be doing ballet and karate. She will become the most elegant fighter. LOL
And she wants to become a firefighter when she is a grown-up. Vor a police woman. Or both.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »
Hello weird! Dina, karate classes via zoom reminds me of a friend of mine that used to watch Bruce Lee movies and replicate the moves on the go. :D
Edit: Regen, I just read that. Did he do noises as well? I hope your kid can get into karate classes, and maybe watch her exertion? She'll eat like a baby elephant with this much activity xD
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:15:35 PM by Fcrate »
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »
Hello weird! Dina, karate classes via zoom reminds me of a friend of mine that used to watch Bruce Lee movies and replicate the moves on the go. :D
Edit: Regen, I just read that. Did he do noises as well? I hope your kid can get into karate classes, and maybe watch her exertion? She'll eat like a baby elephant with this much activity xD

Yes, he does the most funny noises. I always had a hard time staying serious during training because of his fighting cries. But as you are supposed to make some noise once in a while during a fight to intimidate your opponent and to put emphasis on your technique, everybody did that. But not like Bruce Lee. LOL.

When he talks he always sounds as if he has smoked something illegal and his fighting cry sounds like that, too.
Maybe he does that to make his opponent laugh. If you are laughing, your concentration is gone immediately. Poof. Pow. Down. ;D

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 06:42:05 PM »
Today was the first day I've felt Normal in Months.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »
Today was the first day I've felt Normal in Months.

Hey there. Why? What did you do?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 11:28:22 PM »
Good maen everyone!
Otlan, is that good?

Regen, first, I am impressed by your martial arts skills. Then, I had a laugh reading about your neighbour (who is clearly well skilled). I think your daughter will be a happy child. I did ballet when I was a child (4 or 5 years) but never did any martial art. It's a shame, really. I was never good at sports but I was good at ballet. I believe I could have been acceptable at karate or something like that.

I am happy to report that I am enjoying Agents of SHIELD so far  :). And I finally ended watching Westworld. Not bad, not so great either.
Missing you, Md