Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240441 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Weird? Pretty much.
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »
Hello, all you wonderful weird people!!!

I started a new topic, because the last one has gotten pretty long, and invite all the weird folk to join and chat.

Weird? Probably. But just because you're weird, doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of other weird people about to chat with one another. ;D

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:04:45 PM »
I said it before, and I'll say it again.. You're all weirdos.. I'm perfectly, completely 100% normal, with a dash of normality on top.
OK, now I have to go mix up my socks so that they don't match. I hope every weirdling is doing fine :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
Of course. Just be careful not to pair red ones with blue ones. They are going to fight. At least that's what my cupboard always tells me. But cupboards usually can't be trusted, as it is known. So maybe you are safe.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:35:15 AM »
Hi Weird!
Thanks for making a new one, Regen.
Fcrate, I am glad you posted. I have missed you. How are you doing?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 09:10:11 PM »
Regen: By extreme fortune (or my own designs) I don't have any red socks. :P
It actually started as a joke, maybe 10 years ago when I couldn't find some socks, so I wore some grossly mismatched ones for a family meeting, and since we don't wear shoes inside the house, they were visible. One of my aunts commented on it, after which I joked that it was intentional. She was pretty upset about it, and from then on, I made it a point to wear mismatched socks to all family gatherings. The more they clashed the better. :D
Dina, I missed you too. Was very busy during Ramadan, and we had a heat wave that lasted maybe a week, with tempratures reaching 45 C during the day. My place was like an oven at night so I hardly stayed inside.
How are you?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
That is so fun about the socks  :)
I don't have any red socks either, but I do have a bordeaux pair that, with some good will, could be considered red-like. I have, of course, plenty of pink ones.

I've been doing well, quite busy, specially with the virtual classes. We are having a lot of daily cases, specially at my city, so quarantine is going to stay for now. Apparently we have not reached the peak yet, so I am quite worried, but all that is in a general basis. Personally, doing great so far. Oh, I bought a washable face mask with the logo and colors of my football team. Looks smart  :).

I would tell more, but I am feeling sleepy, I will catch some zzz, and be back to you in some hours. Everyone, have a good weekend!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
Hullo!
Did everyone hear about the successful launch of NASA’and Space X’s Falcon/Dragon system? 😀😀😀

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 08:50:08 PM »
Hullo!
Did everyone hear about the successful launch of NASA’and Space X’s Falcon/Dragon system? 😀😀😀
Yes, we watched it on TV. It was very exciting.
Looking forward to docking on the ISS. I have set an alarm so that I'll turn on the TV in time.

@Fcrate:
LOL. Funny, your attitude towards socks.  I had a music teacher once, who always wore two different socks.
I have socks in almost every colour. But mostly I wear matching pairs.  ;)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 11:10:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W89_lwnql_M

Yes, I'm still Alive XD . By some Miarcule or Ungodly Curse XP .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 06:39:23 AM »
!!!!  OTLAN  !!!!
Nice to see you again!!! How are you?

Oh, I definitely have to watch the Hobbit movies again. I didn't remember the cool arrow smashing thingies!

And by the way: it's June already. Not long till July. And what's in July ? ? ? ? Squeeeee!!!! Peace Talks!!!!!!
See me do the dance of joy!

I already told friends not to expect anything from me, in the first days the book is out. The world around me will not exist, only the bare necessities. Like eat, drink, sleep. OK probably not so much sleep.

Apropos eat. I have eaten too much cake during the last days, so I will go out now doing a bit of really fast walking, not running. See you later.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:47:22 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 04:24:28 PM »
!!!!  OTLAN  !!!!
Nice to see you again!!! How are you?

Oh, I definitely have to watch the Hobbit movies again. I didn't remember the cool arrow smashing thingies!

And by the way: it's June already. Not long till July. And what's in July ? ? ? ? Squeeeee!!!! Peace Talks!!!!!!
See me do the dance of joy!

I already told friends not to expect anything from me, in the first days the book is out. The world around me will not exist, only the bare necessities. Like eat, drink, sleep. OK probably not so much sleep.

Apropos eat. I have eaten too much cake during the last days, so I will go out now doing a bit of really fast walking, not running. See you later.

*Huggles tight* Nice to see you again to Regen n_n !! I'm as well as I can be. I've been working during this whole Pandemic thing, so the fact I havn't gone on a Murdoures Rampage, yet, is a Miarcule -_- . How've you been n_n ?

If I'm not mistaken, all of that is probablly from the Directors Cut of the Movie's. A lot of stuff did get left on the cutting room floor after all in order for the film to make the proper lenagth.

Lucky XD . I'll be lucky if I can get the book, never mind finding time to read it -_- . Must be nice to be able to tell the whole world to fgo F**k It's Self -_- ...

There is no such thing as too much cake XD !

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »
Oh, you can tell the world whatever you like. That doesn't mean, it will do as you say. LOL
The book will come out in the middle of my nightshift week. So, there will not really be time to read much, but I will try. Also, I have kids who depend on me. Maybe I'm going to start a week later when my life has hopefully quiet down, but I'm not sure, if I can control myself that long.

It was a lot of cake. Really a lot. Leftover from my birthday. There was no party, but some relatives and friends came by one after another. It wasn't warm, but it wasn't raining either, so I put some seats and tables in the garden, where everybody could spread out. That's not illegal. My brother in law brought a big Spongebob cake. With cream and strawberrys. I had made a plum cake with last year's frozen plums. We ate for 3 days until finally there was no more Spongebob left. And I forgot to take a picture.

Anyway, always, when there is a new book out that I've waited for long, I tend to loose myself in it.
By now, the release date is so near, that I am not able to read anything else until I have it in my clutches. I tried to read the first Harley Merlin, another book from the library, but I couldn't continue. So I'm reading Brief Cases again.

Today I was at the river walking fast but not running ;). There were people every 2 minutes or so. Got on my nerves. I'm no longer used to so many people. Maybe I should have gone in the morning and not almost at noon.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:19 PM »
Oh, you can tell the world whatever you like. That doesn't mean, it will do as you say. LOL
The book will come out in the middle of my nightshift week. So, there will not really be time to read much, but I will try. Also, I have kids who depend on me. Maybe I'm going to start a week later when my life has hopefully quiet down, but I'm not sure, if I can control myself that long.

It was a lot of cake. Really a lot. Leftover from my birthday. There was no party, but some relatives and friends came by one after another. It wasn't warm, but it wasn't raining either, so I put some seats and tables in the garden, where everybody could spread out. That's not illegal. My brother in law brought a big Spongebob cake. With cream and strawberrys. I had made a plum cake with last year's frozen plums. We ate for 3 days until finally there was no more Spongebob left. And I forgot to take a picture.

Anyway, always, when there is a new book out that I've waited for long, I tend to loose myself in it.
By now, the release date is so near, that I am not able to read anything else until I have it in my clutches. I tried to read the first Harley Merlin, another book from the library, but I couldn't continue. So I'm reading Brief Cases again.

Today I was at the river walking fast but not running ;). There were people every 2 minutes or so. Got on my nerves. I'm no longer used to so many people. Maybe I should have gone in the morning and not almost at noon.

So, so true -_- . Meany is the time I've told the world to go F**k it's self at the top of my lungs -_- . Sadly, it keeps pelting me with Curve Balks -_- .
Well, when ever you get to read it Regen, I hope you enjoy it n_n . Maby read it with your family n_n .

Lucky XD . All I got for my Birthday was two Homemade Peanutbutter cookies from my Best Frined and his Wife. They were delecioues though n_n <3 . I hope you guys had a ton of fun n_n !

I don't have that problem, mostly because reading keeps me from going completly insane XD . I do try to read the privioues book before the new one comes out though n_n . Your Liebary is open?

I'd say either Earlier in the Morning or more towards Sundown would be better, likely to be less people then n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 12:28:41 AM »
Hello everyone! Sorry I was absent for a while, I've been busy.

Hullo!
(((((((((PD))))))))))), yes, I've seen it! It was very exciting, I love to see those things. Also learning a few things, like how do a female astronaut to wash her long hair without gravity. It was good to see some good news from USA.

@Regenbogen We forgot your birthday??? :'( :'( Sorry!!  :'( :'( I hope it was a good one.
I am planning to try to do something like what you say for PT release, but I have classes on Tuesday (I am one of those doing the class, not being a student). But I will read all what I can. I am probably going to stay away of the forum until I finish it. That is my usual modus operandi whenever there is a new JB book, so to avoid any shadow of a spoiler.

((((((Otlan)))))) Glad to see you! I am glad you are safe and sound. My city is not doing well, but at least the last couple of days were better than the previous ones. That is good, because with Winter coming we are worried. At least, some of us are, while other are doing protests about the quarantine and some others are becoming...more relaxed about it. And in a small city in the next province, which had not cases for two months, they made a clandestine baby shower and now at around 15 positive cases.

(((Fcrate))) Good to see you too.

I've began watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD and I liked it a lot! Also liking Stargirl (the show, not the movie).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 03:14:44 AM »
Hello everyone. Welcome back Otlan! *Sharpens his dagger and slips it back up his sleeve*