Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 245004 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2020, 07:44:37 AM »
Hi New Weird. May God help me through these next couple of days at work. Retail around holidays is more stressful than any amount of schooling I've ever been through.
Oh, I was wondering. Of course, it's Independence day.
What are all the people buying? Food? Or presents?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2020, 06:47:02 PM »
Happy 4th july for the USA  weirdlets!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »
Hello, weird.
Oh dear, I am so excited now about the new book(s), that I am no longer able to concentrate on any other books. No other book has a chance any more, until I have Peace Talks in my hands. It is awful. I don't want to be that way, but I have always been like that.

And this is the month where so much is happening in real life. I write everything down, so that I don't forget, what I still have to do and how long I have time to do it.
Last sunday for example, I remembered that the next day was my best friend's birthday! OMG!!! I knew the date, of course, but I didn't realize, it was already on Monday. I had no present and no idea what to give her. But I managed somehow. At least I remembered just in time.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »
Yes, I believe with the lockdown and all that, our sense of time is quite out of tune.
Well, just a few days now, Regen.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2020, 04:38:10 AM »
(((((((((((DC))))))))))))))
Sending you all the good energy.
Is it that bad, even in pandaemia?
I would make the argument that it's probably worse because of the pandemic, not in spite of it.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2020, 04:42:22 AM »
((((DC))))
I know people buys things online now (more than usually, I mean) but I thought with the crisis not many people had money to spend.
Anyway, how was your weekend, after all?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2020, 04:56:50 AM »
My weekend was pretty good. Went to a wedding of two good friends on the 4th. Loved it. Love them. My only regret is that I didn't ask the groom's sister to dance. :P

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2020, 05:05:35 AM »
Oh! So wedding parties are already allowed there?  :o
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2020, 05:39:21 AM »
They were never not allowed, as far as I know.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2020, 05:41:32 AM »
Oh, that is so weird! They are forbidden here since the beginning, even in the provinces that has no cases (one of them had its first case three days ago, so now all our provinces had at least a few cases)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2020, 05:55:46 AM »
The US response was not the best. It's one of those things where I feel like things should have been different, but I can't really do anything about it other than follow the CDC guidelines on social distancing and all that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2020, 05:58:43 AM »
Of course! I was just surprised, with all the cases in USA at the beginning of the crisis I thought all wedding parties would be cancelled, but I suppose it depends of the state-
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
In Bavaria, Germany weddings are allowed again since somewhere in June, I think. But restricted to 50 persons inside or 100 persons outside. My cousin was at an outside wedding last week. They were lucky it didn't rain.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2020, 05:47:30 PM »
I think in some provinces here there are something similar but only for 20 people or something like that.
Not here, as we are having a lot of cases, I believe in the city weddings are only allowed as the ceremony, with the witnesses, and a few guests but no party.
Missing you, Md 

Offline DoTArchon

• Posty McPostington
  • Lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2020, 06:23:18 AM »
4 more days!!!!! The hype is real! ;D

And hello again everyone  ::)